International Health Insurance?

girlx

My insurance policy is about to expire and I am wondering if anyone can recommend a basic health/accident policy that covers one not only while living in Thailand but while travelling within the southeast Asia region? I may have to fly quite frequently back and forth to Hong Kong and Singapore....

Also is there any that would cover me if I flew back home to the States for a couple of weeks too?

Try LMG Pacific. I have been shopping around for a new insurance company and have found this one to be quite adequate. You can select the regions you want to be covered for. I selected just SE Asia as they will cover me for any real emergency whilst I am in Europe. The only snag is that you will have to foot the bill first and reclaim later.

As for cover in SE Asia, they settle direct with the hospitals for in and outpatient needs. Good value in my humble opinion compared to the likes of Axa, Bupa International Health etc.

My insurance policy is about to expire and I am wondering if anyone can recommend a basic health/accident policy that covers one not only while living in Thailand but while travelling within the southeast Asia region? I may have to fly quite frequently back and forth to Hong Kong and Singapore....

Also is there any that would cover me if I flew back home to the States for a couple of weeks too?

We are with PPP International..it excludes USA and Canada for obvious reasons. Have claimed three times in 2 years..they paid all the bills direct to the hospital concerned...

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer Bupa for traveling outside Thailand. Some 7000 thb for a full year with a maximum of 60 days per trip. I do a lot of short trips to Laos and Vietnam. Also an occasional trip to Middle East and Europe.

You can also just make a one month travel insurance for you US trip at some 1500 thb. You get a plastic card to present to the hospital in case. And a Bupa Rep. will sort it out for you.

What’s the point of an insurance where you have to ‘foot’ the bill.

I use Bupa for my long time stay in Thailand, same you get a plastic card to present to the hospital.

Bupa also have a complete list of hospitals country by country with whom they have agreement to assure you the best service.

• 2 weeks later...