Cnx To Kathmandu, Return

SwaziBird

Not sure whether this is an appropriate post for this forum but can anyone suggest an inexpensive/modest-cost route - stopping in India for a few days if required.

By inexpensive I don't mean "dirt-cheap" hard travel ( although I might be convinced otherwise ).

Any help/advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers.

Not sure whether this is an appropriate post for this forum but can anyone suggest an inexpensive/modest-cost route - stopping in India for a few days if required.

By inexpensive I don't mean "dirt-cheap" hard travel ( although I might be convinced otherwise ).

Cheers.

Air Asia to BKK and then Air Asia to Katmandu is by far the cheapest. Whatever you do avoid Biman air which stops in Bangladesh. You will seriously regret the experience.

Cheers.

Air Asia to BKK and then Air Asia to Katmandu is by far the cheapest. Whatever you do avoid Biman air which stops in Bangladesh. You will seriously regret the experience.

AirAsia does not fly to Kathmandu.

If you fly there before end of march the ticket from bkk to kathmandu by thai is just over 10,000 baht. To bkk it was about 1800 baht, and coming back in april it was about 2000. All in all i paid just under 15,000 baht for the ticket. From april that 10,000 baht promotion fare becomes the standard 19,000 baht!!

Cheers.

Isn't beman finished? :o

Cheers.

fly Bkk to Calcuta (Air India Express ~3700 Bht) Calcuta to Gorakhpur by train (~800 Rs 3AC) Gorakhpur to Sonouli by bus (70Rs ordinary bus)

cross the border and take the bus to Kathmandu (~500 Nepali Rs.)

Cheers.

fly Bkk to Calcuta (Air India Express ~3700 Bht) Calcuta to Gorakhpur by train (~800 Rs 3AC) Gorakhpur to Sonouli by bus (70Rs ordinary bus)

cross the border and take the bus to Kathmandu (~500 Nepali Rs.)

I just booked two tickets from BKK to Calcutta return(Air India Express). Each ticket came to just under 7000THB return including all taxes and charges.

Regards

bridge

Thank you all very much for your advice. All of this taken on board and will be investigated further.

You've been very helpful. Will be happy to receive any further advice from other posters.

Much appreciated.

Cheers.

My friends just got back from Kathmandu and they flew Air Asia. So I would say that yes they do fly to Nepal.

if your friends say so. :o

wait, a quick look into their website might solve this once and for all.

ok done it. NOPE, they don't fly to Nepal. So there..

My friends just got back from Kathmandu and they flew Air Asia. So I would say that yes they do fly to Nepal.

What is your problem? We booked a trip to Katmandu on Air Asia, I decided not to go, but the rest of the group went and they actually flew there on Air Asia (imagine that) and they even came back with Air Asia and when they returned they said the flight was very nice. Now if I wasn't 800 km's from where they are, I would get you a scan of there itinerary. But you might just do the leg work yourself and call Pan-Aair in Sriracha, they are the ones who booked the ticket

0387711780-82, ask for Apple. or you can email at [email protected].

What is your problem? We booked a trip to Katmandu on Air Asia, I decided not to go, but the rest of the group went and they actually flew there on Air Asia (imagine that) and they even came back with Air Asia and when they returned they said the flight was very nice. Now if I wasn't 800 km's from where they are, I would get you a scan of there itinerary. But you might just do the leg work yourself and call Pan-Aair in Sriracha, they are the ones who booked the ticket

0387711780-82, ask for Apple. or you can email at [email protected].

Air Asia DONT fly to Kathmandu. Plain and simple ......

ps. Are your friends real?

Well I always say I have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

Apparently 2 out of the 3 friends who just went to Katmandu did not understand the difference between Thai Air and Air Asia.

It was my fault not to double check their story as it appears that they flew Thai Air after all. but the price this year was much better (9000 return) which lent credence to their Air Asia tale.

By the way Royal Nepal also flies ths route and as a bonus they fly close to Everest on the return trip so people can have a good look.

Once again I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Kat toht krap :o

Air Asia are set to go to Nepal 'by July' according to http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsbusiness.php?id=390172. A look at their web site suggests you can't book it yet though.

If overlanding India, need to add B2,100 for Indian visa (sigle entry). I couldn't find the price for double entry.

Agree re comments on Biman Bangladesh.

wpbr's posting has the link that explains what's happening to Air Asia's impending move into the Kathmandu route.

At the moment Thai Air's charges are particularly expensive for so short a run so, hopefully, Air Asia's fares might redress that situation.

Cheers