Horror Stories?

Was just curious to hear some stories about peoples first day teaching english or with a particularly bad class...

i imagine thiers some pretty good ones out thier!

The reason im asking this is ive got my first english class in a few weeks ( albiet in canada not asia) and im definatly curious to see some peoples experiances the first class! Im confident and prepared, but nonetheless nervous as ######, so tips would also be welcomed.

Just relax and have fun. If you've prepared a good scripted Lesson Plan, you'll likely do fine... Practice and check the timing on your LP, too.

Good luck :D

By the way, a good teacher teaches a lot by example. Watch your spelling, punctuation, and grammar. In your posting here, I'd give you a D if you were my student, and if you were applying for a job with my school and your cover letter or resume' looked like that, you wouldn't get hired. Not a flame, just a pointed Reality Check, okay? :o

ahaha yea i know class grammar is different than net grammar, i doubt ill have a class on the proper use of "lol" :o i do see your point though

Yes im a native speaker, and this class is the first part of my practicum ( i think ill have about 6 classes ( all different levels ) in all by the end of it, with the option of doing more.

ahaha yea i know class grammar is different than net grammar, i doubt ill have a class on the proper use of "lol" blink.gif i do see your point though

Yes im a native speaker, and this class is the first part of my practicum ( i think ill have about 6 classes ( all different levels ) in all by the end of it, with the option of doing more.

Feeling ill are you? My condolences to your students... :o

Edited by brianbrain

Oh dear, if you have lost your sense of humour then you arent going to cope that well in a class.

Its the one thing you need to cope - a sense of humour and patience.

Err, ok, there are two things you need - a sense of humour, maturity and patience.

Umm, Ok three things - a sense of humour, maturity, adaptability and patience.

Oh bugger, four things - a sense of humour, maturity, adaptability, common sense and patience.

Ah shit - AMONGST the things you need are a sense of humour, maturity, adaptability, common sense, preperation and patience.

and if you still dont get it, check your post spelling typo.

Was just curious to hear some stories about peoples first day teaching english or with a particularly bad class...

i imagine thiers some pretty good ones out thier!

The reason im asking this is ive got my first english class in a few weeks ( albiet in canada not asia)  and im definatly curious to see some peoples experiances the first class!  Im confident and prepared, but nonetheless nervous as ######, so tips would also be welcomed.

Let's hope you are not teaching my kid English !! The above English is abysmal!!!!