Best Place To Buy Electronics

mp413

Hi, I am moving to Thailand and will need to buy a decent quality surround-sound system (i.e. disc changer, subwoofer, 5 speakers). Anyway idea what the best place is in Chiang Mai for this sort of thing?

thanls!

Hi, I am moving to Thailand and will need to buy a decent quality surround-sound system (i.e. disc changer, subwoofer, 5 speakers). Anyway idea what the best place is in Chiang Mai for this sort of thing?

thanls!

The Sony "home theatres" are not bad. Six speakers. All of the major retailers will have them. A good place would be Electronic Plaza (Siam TV)

Home Pro (Airport Plaza) is a good place too BUT it's a good place to be avoided.

Their installation guys don't know <deleted> (TV's, air con etc)

I had an air con installed by them and in the end Saha Panich had to come and fix Power Buy's <deleted> up.

If you are looking for a high end system there is a small shop in Airport Plaza (about opposite Chi Chang) which has the likes of Bose, Sennheiser, B & F etc.

I just go to Panthip Plaza and buy several sets of speakers - for few thousand baht - and some wire, to make it very easy. I don't really use a 'disc change because I only use mp3 and not the disc any more. Maybe some people use the old way to shuffle discs, but computer or mp3 is the better way.