Do You Have Freedom?

Neeranam

Are you free?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whilst in the main bank in town today, I had to wait 2 hours. I watched 8 "whities" walk in to do their banking. Every single one, however, needed their Thai partners to do the talking. I could understand if they were newcomers but some weren't.

I'd go crazy if I had to take my wife everywhere - to the bank/garage/barbers/immigration/restaurant etc.

My wife couldn't speak any English when we got married so there never was any need.

How about you?

100% free and independant, see the golden cage people all the time.

Some of 'em need the cage, others don't.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that on internet forums people assume so much ?

We have guys on here that are willing to judge a Thai women by the colour of her skin, if she's white shes good, if she isn't she isn't.

Do they guage their own miserable lives and come to the conclusion that 9/10 other guys must live the same sorry lives?

Neeranam, I can't afford a Japanese sports Car, thats why i don't have one.

To the guys that continually bleat on about sick buffalo, you know what, in 18 years + in Thailand I have never come across this, so what am I missing ?

Maybe I'm young and good looking and don't have the same relationships you guys have, and to others maybe I'm a guy on a retirement Visa that has a few quid and that pizzes you off, but whatever your grievances are, for christs sake keep it real.

What the F%^$ does it matter to you what I or anybody else does ?

Before judging others, take a good look at yourselves.

Yes the internet is a place to lay down a few whines and a few moans, but many of you guys abuse the privilage.

:o

A totally counterproductive posting.

A brilliant retort! :D :D :D

Like 'PeaceBlondie' said...." We are partners, not a conjoined twin."... :o

Heartfully agree. :D

Being growing up in all girls boarding school for 12 years ( from pratom 1 through muttayom 8, that was they called those days). I long for having my privacy and I always treasure freedom.

With that I carry into my marriage life.

When our Thai elder relatives came to visit and staying with us in our home, they were appalled at how we live our lifestyle: his and her bedrooms, his and her cars, hubby and me just do things separate way, we both usually just take off without dragging another one along. We can come and go anytime as we please. We only do things together on entertaining guests or relatives at holidays time. Other than that we enjoy our freedom immensely since we pursue different interests.

Quite content with my life. :D

So are may wife and me, I can not imaging any other way, It worked well for us the last 33 years. The first thing my wife said to me was, you are not my father and I'm not your mother.

BTW I dislike those obedient and docile wives, who are more a house maid than a partner, I prefer the spunky and independent ones who can make up their own mind and stand up for their idea's.

Congrats on your going on 34 strong years.

You have few more years to catch up with us :wai: .

Hubby has the same image of (what you put at) those obedient and docile wives......" They make me nervous". :D:D I often heard him saying.

I would feel like having a suffocation if my other significant- half clings on me everywhere I go or everything I do.

How we survive this far ?

Our marriage bases on trust and the way we carry through on our compromise and we honor whatever we promise to each other. Another word, we deliver through our action not just empty words.

It seems people are very quick at jumping to conclusions. See a farang out shopping, or at a bank with his Thai wife and immediately think "look at that idiot, can't do a thing on his own". While having the language and skills necessary to handle these situations myself, there are times, none the less, when the wife and I go to town together. When we do, usually she'll go down the market while I attend to other business before meeting up for lunch or whatever. Occasionally though, we'll need to walk past the bank, or some other place of business on our way to somewhere and we'll both go in. Quite frankly, I really couldn't give a dam_n what any sad "whitey", with nothing better to do than hang around banks for two hours looking at the other customers, thinks about that, but if some busybody actually said something about it to me they'd get a resounding <deleted> off. Have a nice day. :o

Neeranam has a general hatred/nastiness about most things, I strongly suspect this is reserved just for the forum, as I can't imagine anyone being like that in 'real life' and having any friends. Best to just ignore.

what rubbish, couldn't be farther from the truth

Like I said, I suspect your attitude is just for the forum...

Totster, you were't that English guy in the bank the other day were you? I did suspect. :o

Doubt it.. my wife does our banking :D

Totster :D

Why is it that on internet forums people assume so much ?

We have guys on here that are willing to judge a Thai women by the colour of her skin, if she's white shes good, if she isn't she isn't.

Do they guage their own miserable lives and come to the conclusion that 9/10 other guys must live the same sorry lives?

Neeranam, I can't afford a Japanese sports Car, thats why i don't have one.

To the guys that continually bleat on about sick buffalo, you know what, in 18 years + in Thailand I have never come across this, so what am I missing ?

Maybe I'm young and good looking and don't have the same relationships you guys have, and to others maybe I'm a guy on a retirement Visa that has a few quid and that pizzes you off, but whatever your grievances are, for christs sake keep it real.

What the F%^$ does it matter to you what I or anybody else does ?

Before judging others, take a good look at yourselves.

Yes the internet is a place to lay down a few whines and a few moans, but many of you guys abuse the privilage.

A totally counterproductive posting.

Thanks for the compliment Bird. :D

Doesn't anybody like their wives? After 12 years, we still enjoy each others company and doing things together. So my answer is that I have the freedom to enjoy the company of my best friend. For the language snobs, we both speak each others languages so that is not the issue.

p.s. I wrote this post before I read what Totster wrote. I'm with you Tot.

Anyway, what a <deleted> thread. Who really cares if people need their other half with them everywhere. Personally, I've always been independent but don't have a problem with those who aren't.

well stay out it then

I have all the freedom that I want and my wife goes with me pretty much anywhere, after all she is not just my wife but also my best friend.

When school is in term I tend to go out on my own on Fridays, but that is only because my wife goes to get our daughter from school.

Oh, and I opened a bank account the other day and yes my wife came with me, she helped me to write our address on the application form because I could never be bothered to remember it myself, all these moo's and Bans do my head in.