Global Financial Markets

Does anyone trade any financial markets? My interest lies in the UK equity markets and major FX pairs, but have an interest in all financial markets.

Things look good for stocks right now, perhaps just for a little while! As long as financial stocks are doing well, its a good sign :D

Longer term, in coming months and years, I firmly believe financial markets will go much lower as the 'Greatest Depression' spreads :o

Bon Chance!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing with "option" in the US equities - put mostly,

coz don't think it's the bottom yet so will wait awhile before buying the real stock again.

I think....we wouldn't see the turn around, until we have the confident in financial institutions again.

As a farang, im looking forward to this shooting higher, as Im sure it will, infact its a necessity in my opinion! Im hopeful of the same kind of action with seen in other developing counrties(other than CNY!) liek HUF, RUB, BRL, KRW, IDR, INR, PHP, TWD, PLN etc

post-78932-1236922126_thumb.jpg

true teacup, but financial stocks have been going up this weak, so peopel must have confidence to buy them right? Hence the rally. I dont know how long it will last; maybe markets will collapse today! who knows :o at least being long puts you know your risk and dont need to worry about the 'wiggles' up and down :D chok dee!

true teacup, but financial stocks have been going up this weak, so peopel must have confidence to buy them right? Hence the rally. I dont know how long it will last; maybe markets will collapse today! who knows :o at least being long puts you know your risk and dont need to worry about the 'wiggles' up and down :D chok dee!

BEAR MARKET RALLY!!!..........the banks are lying, IF NOT - then why did they ask for the bailout in the first place!!!?

wait and see, the market will tank again starting tomorrow or Monday here

I dont mind if the banks are lying, their equity prices are still going up, thats all i mind about. As I type the UK Banking Index is up 7% today.

At the start of this thread I wrote I believe equity markets will eventually get much lower than current levels.

Right now theyre up, and im interested in right now :o

Most developed banks are technically bankrupt, that doesnt mean their share prices cant go up as well as down :o

So what else are you buying/holding at the moment?

What do you think about EBAY - Can you trade EBAY in UK?

Edited by teacup

Im in BKK, and EBAY doesnt trade in London if thats what you mean? Personally I can trade it, its not a stock im familiar with however, but a rising tide floats all boats, so if the US markets rise in general, so will EBAY. Right now its going up, because all equities are.

I believe however all markets will be lower than they are today in years to come, so EBAY should be too.

A case could be made that a firm low is in from a technical standpoint, but perhaps it's eventual low will be around $4.50, or even $0.50.

At he moment its going up and theres an open gaps at c$17.5 and $21, so perhaps if the market bounce persists one or both could get filled?

Been quite a ride. Most stock charts will take this shape, and we'll have to look at them all Logarithmically :o

post-78932-1237083295_thumb.png

Most developed banks are technically bankrupt, that doesnt mean their share prices cant go up as well as down :o

So what else are you buying/holding at the moment?

Im not holding anything. No overnight positions for me at the moment. All financial markets are in such disarray Id rather go home flat each night for Ive no idea what could happen overnight! Safety first :D

US banks(equity leaders at the moment) made late reversals y'day; few closed +ve. could have some equity weakness in next session or two if that follows through.

Asian banks rose today, bucking America's lead, Euro Banks are slightly off right now.

Could go either way, although a pullback certainly wouldnt hurt :o

well the pullback can only be measured in hours :o for now EU equities(and US futures) continue to climb, but I suspect by the end of the week a correction will have started, for example the US BANK index (BKX) has risen 60% in a straight line.

well the pullback can only be measured in hours :o for now EU equities(and US futures) continue to climb, but I suspect by the end of the week a correction will have started, for example the US BANK index (BKX) has risen 60% in a straight line.

Coming up on 4x options expiration with Max open interest at 25 strike.

i dont know about its aid in foretelling the BKX, but for the Indexes its been pretty inaccurate guide for a while now.

It depends if market is moving towards MP, or away. If away, options writers must buy or sell stock to drive market further away to compensate for options losses. One of the reasons for sharp falls recently.

Anyhow, not much to be believed this week.

well as far as Im concerned this is what equities are all about right now; US banks.

Question is, will they make a higher low and continue up? Id like to think so, but theres no need for heroics just yet. The larger trend is most certainly down :o

post-78932-1237697907_thumb.png

Well! Thursday and Fridays' correction proved enough(over 38.2%). A reversal around current levels and a decline below fridays low would be pretty cruel. I see possible resistance around $34.5 and between $38.5-39.5. Channel and 1daySMA on chart.

post-78932-1237867784_thumb.png

As a proxy for the USDIndex(as EURUSD accounts for over 50% I believe), I think either the EURUSD will turn down at a fib retracement level of its most recent fall, or a slightly higher high coulb be printed than that of Dec '08. Around 1.4850 perhaps, forming a Bear flag, and ushering in renewed USD strength :o

post-78932-1237868525_thumb.png

In the short term TBond Yields look ready for a correction. They could pop higher in the very short term, to 4.1%-4.3% perhaps, but that would likely lead to -ve divergence on oscillators, and again would look fit for a bit more consolidation I believe.

post-78932-1237869619_thumb.png

Crunch time for equities this week. Most are showing signs of waning strength and the BANKS are all hovering around their highs that for the most part were put in place last Monday.

Do they pullback? Or breakout? Id think pullback frankly but cant fight the price :o

post-78932-1238384659_thumb.png

Perhaps a little more upside to create a Right Shoulder of a Head and Shoulders top pattern? Or just up and away? A breakout would be very bullish considering it hasnt suffered any greater than a 38.2% correction thus far.

post-78932-1238566029_thumb.png

As a proxy for the USDIndex(as EURUSD accounts for over 50% I believe), I think either the EURUSD will turn down at a fib retracement level of its most recent fall, or a slightly higher high coulb be printed than that of Dec '08. Around 1.4850 perhaps, forming a Bear flag, and ushering in renewed USD strength :o

Well $s been correcting still as risk appetite returns to financial markets. If it continues to lose ground against currencies and head towards EURUSD 1.50 we'll see reasonable pullbacks everywhere. Heres the BRIC crosses, over 1-2yrs.

post-78932-1238816035_thumb.png

Edited by badge

• 3 weeks later...
US BANKS are still contained. They should breakout or correct soon though, and will likely have some follow through either way

It broke out and followed through another 25%, dragging indicies with it.

Step decline at todays open though, perhaps starting a correction of some significance? Fridays high is key either way.

Edited by badge

• 2 weeks later...
It broke out and followed through another 25%, dragging indicies with it.

Step decline at todays open though, perhaps starting a correction of some significance? Fridays high is key either way.

US BANKS still churning below those highs, and Im still incline to think a deeper correction might creep in, and therefore induce corrections in Indicies too, which have buy an large churned around making marginal new highs too.

• 2 weeks later...
[...]

US BANKS still churning below those highs, and Im still incline to think a deeper correction might creep in, and therefore induce corrections in Indicies too, which have buy an large churned around making marginal new highs too.

not neccessary! Equities all look very nice still, i still favour mining and finance related.