Tm47. 90 Day Reports By Post.

More to the point is whether the postal reporting office at Suan Phlu is still operating. If that is so, it doesn't matter what Kap Cheong and Nakorn Nowhere are doing or saying; the Suan Phlu office, in the case of postal reports, serves/served the whole country.

Isanbirder

But will they accept the 90 day report if you don't live within their area ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done my 90-day reporting by post for 5 years, just received my slip back from BKK this morning....... as normal just about 3 weeks after sending it EMS to Suan Plu

Likewise I have done mine by post for many years and have just received my slip back after 3 weeks, all signed, but with an attached note reading as follows, (by the way I live in Nakon Sawan)

According to the Immigration Order No.38/2552 issued on February 5, 2009 and being effective from February 15, 2009, regarding the specific zone for submission of application in connection with The Immigration act, Bangkok Immigration Division is responsible and authorised for the applicant residing only in Bangkok. In case of other applicant, not residing in Bangkok, he/she must contact the particular Immigration Office/Checkpoint located in the area as specified in the above mentioned order.

Thus next time you have to contact Tak Immigration. Tel 055-563000

So it looks as though 90 day notification by post to Suan Pluu has finished for those of us who live outside Bangkok.

Done my 90-day reporting by post for 5 years, just received my slip back from BKK this morning....... as normal just about 3 weeks after sending it EMS to Suan Plu

Likewise I have done mine by post for many years and have just received my slip back after 3 weeks, all signed, but with an attached note reading as follows, (by the way I live in Nakon Sawan)

According to the Immigration Order No.38/2552 issued on February 5, 2009 and being effective from February 15, 2009, regarding the specific zone for submission of application in connection with The Immigration act, Bangkok Immigration Division is responsible and authorised for the applicant residing only in Bangkok. In case of other applicant, not residing in Bangkok, he/she must contact the particular Immigration Office/Checkpoint located in the area as specified in the above mentioned order.

So it looks as though 90 day notification by post to Suan Pluu has finished for those of us who live outside Bangkok.

Thanks, Davyboy. That is exactly the kind of information I (and I guess a lot of other people) have been looking for. So it's down to Kap Cheong every 90 days for me, I guess.

Isanbirder

More to the point is whether the postal reporting office at Suan Phlu is still operating. If that is so, it doesn't matter what Kap Cheong and Nakorn Nowhere are doing or saying; the Suan Phlu office, in the case of postal reports, serves/served the whole country.

Isanbirder

But will they accept the 90 day report if you don't live within their area ?

Well, they used to, but obviously now they won't (see Davyboy's post).

The fine is 2000 baht and it would have no consequence on your anual extension.

They appear to have a new stamp telling you when your next notification date is, because under the date it now says:-

KEEP IN PASSPORT

(The fine of Overdue Notification is not exceeding 5,000 Baht)

They appear to have a new stamp telling you when your next notification date is, because under the date it now says:-

KEEP IN PASSPORT

So far everyone have reported that they are fined 2,000 baht. They can indeed charge a maximum of 5,000, but that is normaly only done when someone wants to make a court case out of it.

KEEP IN PASSPORT

So far everyone have reported that they are fined 2,000 baht. They can indeed charge a maximum of 5,000, but that is normaly only done when someone wants to make a court case out of it.

Mario, Wasn't finding fault, only talking about their new stamp.

:o

Oh, don't be sorry. I'm sorry too. I misunderstood about the stamp. Thanks for clearing that up.

Actually it is. "A fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with an Additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passed until the law is complied with".

I'm sorry. You got it right, again.........

Easy. I got my 90 day report receipt in front of me. Or the last one.

Never seen that form before! I use Form TM47

:o

So do we all.

Sometimes they will give you the tear off receipt at the bottom of the TM47. Sometimes they give you a receipt like the one above. Same thing.

Thanks for this and this is precisely what I was concerned about, now if Nan Immigration will not accept mail reports it looks like a trip up north every 90 days!!!. 485 km's each way from this town.

Looks like I may have to consider selling up and move to a location a little bit nearer to an immigration office or go the multi-entry imm 'o' route.

Nevertheless at a youngish 52! going up to Nan is still doable, yet in this amphur alone there are many old retired folk, who knows how they are going to take this latest bit of info!!

Thanks for this and this is precisely what I was concerned about, now if Nan Immigration will not accept mail reports it looks like a trip up north every 90 days!!!. 485 km's each way from this town.

Looks like I may have to consider selling up and move to a location a little bit nearer to an immigration office or go the multi-entry imm 'o' route.

Nevertheless at a youngish 52! going up to Nan is still doable, yet in this amphur alone there are many old retired folk, who knows how they are going to take this latest bit of info!!

As far as I know Nan-immigration does accept 90 day reports by mail, only a few offices don't.

how long does it take to get the 90-day reporting slip back in the mail?

i live in bkk and did my report by mail to suan plu.

my report date was March 19. I mailed it a week early as they suggest and the postal web site says they got it on March 13.

i havent gotten anything back yet...and its now March 24.

how long does it take to get the 90-day reporting slip back in the mail?

i live in bkk and did my report by mail to suan plu.

my report date was March 19. I mailed it a week early as they suggest and the postal web site says they got it on March 13.

i havent gotten anything back yet...and its now March 24.

Anything up to 3 weeks, sometimes longer.