Pet Lovers: What Have You Got?

udon

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked in the Oz bush - those cockatoos/gallahs drove me postal!!

I have a 2 1/2 year old Golden Retriever - Mimi.

Just had her mated last week, intending to keep one puppy as company for her.

Had a battle royale with the missus when we first got her - she wanted her banned from inside the house but I said no. Compromised with the upstairs being off limits.

My best friend.

tn_gallery_6560_64_1105936605.jpg

Edited by Longsands

They scream and are very destructive and your neighbours want to kill you :o

The buggers are everywhere here in SYD flying wild destroying phone lines etc.... and anything made of timber, that includes houses!

In Melbourne I had them squaking outside my window every morning. Couldn't believe people in Canada pay hundreds of dollars for them.

I was kinda regretting not bringing the 12 guage down there with me.

cv

I've got a mini-schanuzer that I was able to buy here. She's really good at catching the mice that on ocassion will get into the home from nearby fields. Good all around pet and watchdog. She's my baby, that's for sure.  :D

schatz1.jpg

Cute pup.... but that stare looks rather disturbing with the redye blacked out like that. :D

cv

Okay, ya got me. My photoshop editing needs a wee more practice. Thanks for the compliment though.

:o

I wouldn't call myself a pet lover as I don't have any, but I am definitely a pet hater when it comes to our neighbour's cats... p*ssing and sh*tting all over our lawn and garden, sitting on the bonnet of my car at night - scratching the paintwork in the process, fighting and howling at each other at night, dropping their stolen half masticated scraps of food at our back door... etc. :D

Any suggestions from any of you moggie lovers out there as to what I can do about curbing or eliminating the problem? :o

Someone has already suggested rat poison! :D

I wouldn't call myself a pet lover as I don't have any, but I am definitely a pet hater when it comes to our neighbour's cats... p*ssing and sh*tting all over our lawn and garden, sitting on the bonnet of my car at night - scratching the paintwork in the process, fighting and howling at each other at night, dropping their stolen half masticated scraps of food at our back door... etc.  :D

Any suggestions from any of you moggie lovers out there as to what I can do about curbing or eliminating the problem? :o

Someone has already suggested rat poison!  :D

human do that too. :D

I'll start with my mate Sunnee,

So will I as that's my wifes name :o apart from her, we have two rotweillers,a cocker spaniel,a golden retriever & two heinz 57. We also have two cats,one we rescued from a life of sin,and the other we flew from England.

Actually the male we flew in is 14 years old,and the young female we found is about 1 year.................................I suppose we're not the only ones that like like young pussy :D:D:D:D

Udon,

You say "Never buy a Cockatoo"...  Why???  Have owned one in the states for years and really enjoyed the bird...  Now thinking of trying to find one in Thailand..

Pianoman

G'day Liberace,

Try this and TURN UP THE VOLUME :o:D:D

heard same in the pub yesterday..........trouble was it was a Thai wife reckoned her husband had been sleeping around

I wouldn't call myself a pet lover as I don't have any, but I am definitely a pet hater when it comes to our neighbour's cats... p*ssing and sh*tting all over our lawn and garden, sitting on the bonnet of my car at night - scratching the paintwork in the process, fighting and howling at each other at night, dropping their stolen half masticated scraps of food at our back door... etc.  :D

Someone has already suggested rat poison!  :D

Well Jai dee, you certainly don't live up to your name, do you? :D

The simple solution is to buy a squirt gun, fill it with a bit of vinegar and water and shoot them when they come into your yard. You could also get fox scent (or some other such thing--try the zoo, maybe they'll sell you some lion pee or something) and spread that around the perimeter of your yard. Check out this websiteCoyote scent

Suggest to your neighbor that he needs to have his cats sterilized as well (or if you are really desperate, kidnap them and have it done). This often solves spraying problems.

Wife loves cats and we have an average of three.I say average because they don't seem to have a very longspan here and the number fluctuates as kittens are born and then squashed by the local idots in pickups.

Soi dogs also get their share of cats. I witnessed the neighbour's cat being torn apart a few weeks ago. I did manage to get the dog running but couldn't save the poor cat.

Well Jai dee, you certainly don't live up to your name, do you? :D 

The simple solution is to buy a squirt gun, fill it with a bit of vinegar and water and shoot them when they come into your yard. You could also get fox scent (or some other such thing--try the zoo, maybe they'll sell you some lion pee or something) and spread that around the perimeter of your yard. Check out this websiteCoyote scent

Suggest to your neighbor that he needs to have his cats sterilized as well (or if you are really desperate, kidnap them and have it done). This often solves spraying problems.

Thanks for the suggestion sbk.

I'll give it a try.

Sriracha Zoo is just up the road a few klicks... if there's any tigers left I might be able to get something from them.

Cheers,

Jai not-so Dee :o

Udon,

Yes, I think that I still want to buy another Cockatoo... I have only owned one, and had her for almost ten years prior to moving to Thailand... she is now happily residing with my daughter and her husband in the States...

But I will admit that the linked site did make me think a bit more, and will make me be twice as careful when choosing the where and from whom to purchase the new bird... Thanks for the link, info and oppinoins..

Pianoman

• 2 weeks later...