Remove La Boucherie From Restaurant List

notasexpat

The french Chef is gone?

Gerd

A new chef started there quite recently, Madam Pie Cooker has been working in reception some four months now.

Now we can be sure they will have the best pies over there :D .

Which nationality has the new Chef please........

Gerd

I have seen him but I haven't spoken with him and have strong reason to believe he is from France, aided by Ms Pie Cookers understanding of foreign dialects - there again he may be Welsh but only time will tell.

On that note, I'm afraid the restaurant has yet to discover true pies but I'm sure all of that will be corrected over time. And as far as the earlier commentary regarding the nationality of good cooks is concerned, the statement might have some bearing were it not delivered by a Brit, home of the worlds worst cooks and large scale scoffers of the poorest quality food imaginable. Discuss! :D:o

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The french Chef is gone?

Gerd

A new chef started there quite recently, Madam Pie Cooker has been working in reception some four months now.

Now we can be sure they will have the best pies over there :o .

Which nationality has the new Chef please........

Gerd

Gerd, Isn't that totally off topic? What has the nationality of the chef to do with the quality of the cooking?

Not much, unless the, "chef", happens to be from the UK. Yes, yes, yes, OK, now you're going to wind us all up with stories about wonderful cooks, ahem, "chefs", in the UK and the superb dishes they create. I suppose, there must be the odd one or two who can do that sort of thing well but as a Brit with well honed culinary tastes, you are on a losing streak to even think about opening that debate I'm afraid. :D

Edited by chiang mai

brit chefs?

I have yet to find a celebrity party/CEO's retreat or a decent hotel having a brit serving their food.

No 1 with money or self respect would hire one for sureé

So let's see here, you don't rate British Chefs and you don't rate French Chefs either, based on your OP, how do you rate Canadian Chefs and are you perchance a chef yourself or are you trolling?

Edited by chiang mai

i love french chefs

i also like diamond watches, doesn't mean i like Africa or every diamond watch.

Britain(chavcentral) is an exception to this metaphor

Oooo, cutting and personal! Well, would love to play more but I think ignoring you is the best bet, bye, and be careful where you eat in future.

About the lobsters... in this parts what some call a crayfish or a lobster is in fact the spiny lobster; the difference from the typical lobster image everyone has is that they don't have large pincers and in turn have a pair of frikking huge antennae in the head.

I never ate one but they make a very interesting sighting during night dives.

Having finished the natural history lesson, you may now proceed with the culinary bantering. :o

I need to get used to this forum. I see that I didn't end up posting my previous reply about the crayfish. I lost it somehow and I am not receiving email notifications. Maybe I haven't set this up correctly.

I wrote to Claude at La Boucherie about this thread and he told me that a new French chef has started. His name is Yvon Blandin, formerly of Indigo in Bangkok and former owner of a 1 Michelin Star restaurant in France. Sounds good to me. I know that Claude takes a lot of pride in his resort and restaurants and would very much like to hear feedback in person. He assures me that the OP of this thread is most welcome to come back to his restaurant for a complimentary meal where he hopes he can impress him.

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Just let me go a tiny bit OT here.... Is that you TinaPerth? If so, welcome to TV Phuket! (Well, I guess welcome in any case, even if you're a different Tina!)

Edited by mfiskong

Talking of being over the top, let's put this into perspective. We have one French/Canadian poster who didn't enjoy his meal at LB and he's someone who appears not to enjoy food prepared by Chefs from France, the UK and goodness knows how many other countries - the OP's views are not supported by one other poster. As a contrast there are a number of posters in this thread who rate the food at LB quite highly, including myself. Nothing here really to get too excited about.

I need to get used to this forum. I see that I didn't end up posting my previous reply about the crayfish. I lost it somehow and I am not receiving email notifications. Maybe I haven't set this up correctly.

I wrote to Claude at La Boucherie about this thread and he told me that a new French chef has started. His name is Yvon Blandin, formerly of Indigo in Bangkok and former owner of a 1 Michelin Star restaurant in France. Sounds good to me. I know that Claude takes a lot of pride in his resort and restaurants and would very much like to hear feedback in person. He assures me that the OP of this thread is most welcome to come back to his restaurant for a complimentary meal where he hopes he can impress him.

Odds on how many show up at the restaurant claiming to be 'notasexpat'. :o

Talking of being over the top, let's put this into perspective. We have one French/Canadian poster who didn't enjoy his meal at LB and he's someone who appears not to enjoy food prepared by Chefs from France, the UK and goodness knows how many other countries - the OP's views are not supported by one other poster. As a contrast there are a number of posters in this thread who rate the food at LB quite highly, including myself. Nothing here really to get too excited about.

Clearly, its hard for you to understand that some of us have decent food standards, im not gonna try to teach this to a little chav though. I cant see anyone living in patong having any bit of class whatsoever.

It's great, you're a pro friedrice with chicken taster. You can tell your opinion to all the people sitting at cheap foodstall. As far as "expensive" food goes, your opinion is useless. La boucherie is supose to be high quality, hence the prices.

I dont get it, for 120 baht i get a pork steak and mashed potatoes made by somoene with a clue around here, yet in patong, in ar estaurant refered on this site, i cant even get 6 snails to taste decent at that price, or mashed potatoes that come from ACTUAL potatoes and not a kraft bag

Clearly, its hard for you to understand that some of us have decent food standards, im not gonna try to teach this to a little chav though. I cant see anyone living in patong having any bit of class whatsoever.

It's great, you're a pro friedrice with chicken taster. You can tell your opinion to all the people sitting at cheap foodstall. As far as "expensive" food goes, your opinion is useless. La boucherie is supose to be high quality, hence the prices.

I dont get it, for 120 baht i get a pork steak and mashed potatoes made by somoene with a clue around here, yet in patong, in ar estaurant refered on this site, i cant even get 6 snails to taste decent at that price, or mashed potatoes that come from ACTUAL potatoes and not a kraft bag

"Chav" indeed, do your complements never cease! Looks like the OP has descended to the depths of name calling and personalizing a discussion about food, probably best we close this one down I suspect. The OP has not added anything further that is useful to the debate about LB and nobody , not a single poster (despite the thread being viewed by over 800 people), has come to his aid and supported him - it's run it's course I think. Byee! :o

Edited by chiang mai

im not gonna try to teach this to a little chav though. I cant see anyone living in patong having any bit of class whatsoever.

Interesting ..... reference to 'chav'. Now who does that bring to mind ... ???

Chav, short for, Charles V of France, known as the Wise King of France in 1364, yes?

I'm obviously too junior in the forum to understand all of this but Alex and yourself clearly are not. Care to expand on the history, please?

We are just referring to some previous trouble makers who eventually ended up on the banned group. I myself was thinking about banned member 'Syl', who first brought up the 'chav' term on this forum. Doubt it's 'little goat' or 'canadian monkey'. Anyhow, this is way off topic. My apologies to the mods ... I'll say no more.

I'm obviously too junior in the forum to understand all of this but Alex and yourself clearly are not. Care to expand on the history, please?

We are just referring to some previous trouble makers who eventually ended up on the banned group. I myself was thinking about banned member 'Syl', who first brought up the 'chav' term on this forum. Doubt it's 'little goat' or 'canadian monkey'. Anyhow, this is way off topic. My apologies to the mods ... I'll say no more.

Thanks for that Alex. I also don't want the thread to digress beyond its original scope. But the case for mischief here is apparent and severe and I believe strongly that it's inappropriate for posters to slander any good businesses, without just cause. Our British/French/Canadian wannabe food expert seems to have be lacking in support, in this respect.

Clearly an expensive restaurant serving KRAFT PRE MADE MASHED POTATOES should be praised.

Maybe you should run a charity marathon to help promote this wonderfull chef who's main tool is a microwave

The only decent MASHED POTATO you will get in Thailand is one you make yourself.

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Just let me go a tiny bit OT here.... Is that you TinaPerth? If so, welcome to TV Phuket! (Well, I guess welcome in any case, even if you're a different Tina!)

Yes, it is me, who's that? I can't tell from your pic.

I am a long time resident of Phuket and have eaten at La boucherie on countless occasions. I have always found the food to be very good as well as reasonably priced. I sounds like you had a bad experience there but you may want to give the restaurant another try.

I am a long time resident of Phuket and have eaten at La boucherie on countless occasions. I have always found the food to be very good as well as reasonably priced. I sounds like you had a bad experience there but you may want to give the restaurant another try.

1st post defending a business, hmmmmm...