Insomnia Busted

Asianrider

42 people arrested following raid on Insomnia Club on Walking Street.

Insomnia Club located on Walking Street is a popular late night venue but in the early hours of Saturday Morning they received some unwelcomed visitors, namely a team of Police Officers from Chonburi Provincial Police led by Police Colonel Tirapong, the Deputy Commander of Chonburi Provincial Police. A group of Pattaya Police Officers were also in attendance to assist in the operation. The raid took place at 5.30am and there were approximately 500 patrons inside at the time. All were checked for the presence of narcotics in their systems via urine checks and 40 patrons, 34 women and 6 men failed the test and were subsequently arrested and charged with consuming class 1 drugs. Two men accused of supplying class 1 drugs were also arrested at the scene. The manager of the venue was also arrested and a report will now be sent to the Banglamung District Licensing Officer who must also consider the fact that the club was open well after its permitted time.

source: http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/march/..._14_03_52.shtml

Not surprised by this ! I tend to be in bed asleep by the time this club gets busy, suspect they will be coughing up extra tea-money for a while

Saturday 14th March 2009

42 people arrested following raid on Insomnia Club on Walking Street.

Insomnia Club located on Walking Street is a popular late night venue but in the early hours of Saturday Morning they received some unwelcomed visitors, namely a team of Police Officers from Chonburi Provincial Police led by Police Colonel Tirapong, the Deputy Commander of Chonburi Provincial Police. A group of Pattaya Police Officers were also in attendance to assist in the operation. The raid took place at 5.30am and there were approximately 500 patrons inside at the time. All were checked for the presence of narcotics in their systems via urine checks and 40 patrons, 34 women and 6 men failed the test and were subsequently arrested and charged with consuming class 1 drugs. Two men accused of supplying class 1 drugs were also arrested at the scene. The manager of the venue was also arrested and a report will now be sent to the Banglamung District Licensing Officer who must also consider the fact that the club was open well after its permitted time.

14_03_1.jpg

14_03_1_2.jpg

14_03_1_3.jpg

14_03_1_4.jpg

14_03_1_5.jpg

14_03_1_6.jpg

That Insomnia got hit was expected.

We were a large group of farangs and Thais who wanted to go one night and the Thais were denied access to the club with the message "No Thai men allowed in this club". (The 7 Thai guys who were with us were all well dressed rich business types) One of the Thai guys in our group got upset and said this is Thailand, if you don’t want Thais in your club you should open a club in your own country. His uncle is a powerful guy in Chonburi, so... who knows if he told him.

I actually think its pretty bad taste by Insomnia to make this rule. If this was Denmark and they made a club with no access for Danish people, I would trash the club.

We were a large group of farangs and Thais who wanted to go one night and the Thais were denied access to the club with the message "No Thai men allowed in this club". (The 7 Thai guys who were with us were all well dressed rich business types) One of the Thai guys in our group got upset and said this is Thailand, if you don’t want Thais in your club you should open a club in your own country. His uncle is a powerful guy in Chonburi, so... who knows if he told him.

I actually think its pretty bad taste by Insomnia to make this rule. If this was Denmark and they made a club with no access for Danish people, I would trash the club.

On the other hand there would be much more trouble when allowing thai men there, you can be sure!

Anyway, I agree with you, that this is not correct.

By the way, I preferred the old Insomnia much over the new one.

A similar policy is applied at happy agogo for as many years as I can remember.However they dress it up nice as they have a sign outside that says you will need a membership card to enter the place and they put an extreme high price on it.

On the other hand there would be much more trouble when allowing thai men there, you can be sure!

Anyway, I agree with you, that this is not correct.

By the way, I preferred the old Insomnia much over the new one.

I agree with that - the old Insomnia was more "secret" and more "cozy" some how - I liked the size and mood of it better.

Insomnia is a cracking club, ahead of its time in Pattaya. They must be making a small fortune and in the process taking alot of business away from the likes of Marine Disco. Got to have upset someone along the line.

I hope they do more raids, Ive nothing against drugs but every yaba addict I have meet has stolen from me and would steal from their own mothers, the sooner theres a crack down the better in my opinion.

Edited by rafval

Thats wierd, Because I was in there just last week and I was with a table full of Thai people including about 5-6 Thai guys..

I hope they do more raids, Ive nothing against drugs but every yaba addict I have meet has stolen from me and would steal from their own mothers, the sooner theres a crack down the better in my opinion.

Just be more selective in the company you keep... problem solved.

A moderator says go to a link , but, to view costs $7.99usd.............<deleted>..............connected?? :o

So basically almost 10% of the customers are using Drugs or supplying them , sounds like a classy place to go .....not!

:D

Have friends who work there... the owner is way connected..no chance of it ever closing :o

The owner is a Kiwi no?

Junki3Korean, if the owner is the same as about two years ago, then you are right. He is very connected.

TopDogger, if he's the person I think is the owner, he's not Kiwi, he's Chinese, and owns a lot of other businesses in Thailand.

Edited by oevna

Half of Pattaya would disappear if they got rid of all the yaba addicts.