Which Office For Wp?

I am applying a WP. Companies HQ located on Phuket, but opening a branch (already registered) in Chonburi province. Besides this the HQ is somehow registered in BKK.

Logical approach to me was to apply for a WP in Chonburi. means my working and living area. But my logic was wrong. After spending hours and hours to collect all documents, they finally said, that Chonburi is not the place to apply, but BKK! And they said, our business is too small (only 3 persons for the time being), and we would have to pay social security in Chonburi, not in Phuket and bla bla bla.

Guess they want to get some extra tip or what?

So, does anybody really knows which labor office is responsible for the WP? I assume Chonburi office is a little bit sick of all the strange applicants showing up there, but in my case, I pay the bill, having a decent fully legal occupation, but they send me around like a ping pong ball.

Amazing Thailand indeed.

Technically it should be Chonburi, but ask your company and see. Don't they handle this stuff for you, your company?

I tell you, there were idling for weeks with this, as they have no idea what to do!

That's why I took it in my hands now.

As I know you must apply in the province where the head office of the company is registered. At least it was in my case like this. I wanted to work in the Rayong branch but the head office is in Samutprakarn. The advantage is that I can work now in both branches without changing the WP!

That in my opinion also will solve the 2nd problem because if a company wants to employ a Farang they must have at least 4 Thai employees.