Simons For Sale?

Lost in LOS

If Paul is selling Simons it,ll not be the same,,,no one to talk to about Sheffield United in Jomtien.

I,m only there once in a blue moon but usually head there for a few beers and nosh up.

:o

Chris

If Paul is selling Simons it,ll not be the same,,,no one to talk to about Sheffield United in Jomtien.

I,m only there once in a blue moon but usually head there for a few beers and nosh up.

Chris

I think you are assuming its paul at Simple Simon,soi 5.The place up for sales is Simons fish and chip restaraunt.

why do we always call it fish and chips, cant it be chips and fish? :o

Careful with insulting the English national dish or you mightget a BATTERING :D

You must mean curry and chips then - no fish left around the British Isles, the Spanish have fished the area to extinction.

way of the mark there my man as plenty fish as we are having to dump more than we are landing, the spannish are not intrested in the fish we catch around our waters as they only want prime fish ie monks hake , megrims and squid, ive seen them even dump hallibut .you only see them on the west coast . and the grounds they work their gear is no use in the north sea so no problems there.so haddock cod and coley not worth the hassle to them.

Chris

I think you are assuming its paul at Simple Simon,soi 5.The place up for sales is Simons fish and chip restaraunt.

Oh thank god for that.

Thanks

And apologies Paul

Next ones on me.

Will be down there in August.

Cheers :D

Most businesses put up loony prices and if you ask the agents then they say that they just put up anything the owner says. As per the MD of Sunbelt Asia when I asked him how you could have sales of 4m, costs of 3m and make 2m profit ? Clueless.

I actually sent the same type of question to one of the agents. The numbers did not add up as above with Gross revenue - expenses given NOT equaling the annual profit number. You know what the answer was??? No reply. :o

Maybe the agents take a hands off approach as they do not want to be liable(?) for the numbers given. But they should at least give the books a once over to ensure that the numbers given do true up.

TheWalkingMan

Off topic but I went to see one of these agents once about some prospective marketing of a business whic I knew would fly and I thought I'd try and cut a non standard commission deal if he got some top bids in. They didn't want to know, only take 10% plus VAT for doing bugger all. They are all <deleted>.

why do we always call it fish and chips, cant it be chips and fish? :D

neverdie, go and wash your mouth out !

This is a British traditional food that will ALWAYS be FISH & CHIPS.

post-62645-1237417744.jpg

I guess coming from your crappy part of the world you would proudly walk around displaying pictures of such crappy food.... :D

In far North Queensland we prefer our 'barra' cooked this way

barrai.th.jpg

but hey someones gotta eat the crappy fish, shark & other <deleted> out of the ocean.....bon appetite :D

Hi neverdie I could't agree with you more :D:wai::P this is sirious food

yet another Aussie, showing his ignorance, your Dad only knew about prison food, so how would you know ?? and you have the British Government to thank for your Aussie residency, after all they gave your Dad a free journey to the monkey house :o

got this from another site. Add for sale.

This one maybe Simons ?

Located close to Jomtien Beach, in Pattaya, this Traditional British Fish and Chip Shop can seat 34 customers, but benefits from extensive takeaway trade. The shop sits on the ground floor of a four storey building with 130 square metres of floor space, with the top three storeys currently unutilised. Around 1,800,000 baht was spent on assets and leasehold improvements when the shop was opened almost three years ago, and the kitchen is fitted with good quality stainless steel equipment. The owner, who is a member of the National Federation of Fish Friers in the United Kingdom, will provide training, and is prepared to listen to every serious offer. In the last financial year the shop saw receipts of approximately 4,500,000 baht yield net profits of roughly 2,000,000 baht after the deduction of all expenses, and cash flow continues to rise. The major overheads, after food and beverage costs, are monthly rent of 18,900 baht, and monthly salaries totalling 30,000 baht for four full time employees. Asking price: 3,900,000 baht.

This is a great opportunity for Jinthing to take over or at least be able to go again :o

RAOTFLMAO. gawd almighty I wonder if the kids who deep fry the chips at KFC have a National Association of Chip Fryers too? Is there no limit to the madness that pervades the Western World. It aint some secret ancient culinary art form this Fish and Chip caper. It is as difficult as having good clean oil at a temperature just below smoking and then sliding ( not dropping you buffoons) the batter coated ( at least 20% and no more than 30% mill ground cornflour in the mix of course and iced water to mix) fish fillet of indeterminate origin into it until it is cooked. Take it out, let it sit for 2 minutes and then LOOSELY wrap in vapour permeable paper.

The National Federation of Fish Fryers. Do you get a badge and certificate with that? ......5555555555

why do we always call it fish and chips, cant it be chips and fish? :D

neverdie, go and wash your mouth out !

This is a British traditional food that will ALWAYS be FISH & CHIPS.

post-62645-1237417744.jpg

I guess coming from your crappy part of the world you would proudly walk around displaying pictures of such crappy food.... :o

In far North Queensland we prefer our 'barra' cooked this way

barrai.th.jpg

but hey someones gotta eat the crappy fish, shark & other <deleted> out of the ocean.....bon appetite :D

Hi neverdie I could't agree with you more :D:wai::P this is sirious food

Looking at the two pictures I know which one I would prefer to eat and it isn't the barra! :D

Anybody that wants to learn about the only REAL fish and chips, just google "The Ashvale" all else are pale immitations by comparison, mmmmmmmm :o

Ashvale was good 15 years back, but I haven't had a decent meal there in years. You can't beat the Bervie Chipper IMHO. Long way to go from Jomtien for a bag of chips, though!

Anybody that wants to learn about the only REAL fish and chips, just google "The Ashvale" all else are pale immitations by comparison, mmmmmmmm :o

Ashvale was good 15 years back, but I haven't had a decent meal there in years. You can't beat the Bervie Chipper IMHO. Long way to go from Jomtien for a bag of chips, though!

Aye, its been a while for me too, the Ashvale in Inverurie was always the best of them in my opinion, the Bervie chipper gets a thumbs up too!! Aye, long way from Jomtien..... :D

Aye, its been a while for me too, the Ashvale in Inverurie was always the best of them in my opinion, the Bervie chipper gets a thumbs up too!! Aye, long way from Jomtien..... :D

I didn't even know there was an Ashvale in Inverurie - I've only eaten in the one in Aberdeen. After it won the best chippie award several years running back in the 1990's, it almost immediately seemed to go downhill. It's some years since I was in Inverbervie, so I can't say if the Bervie Chipper went the same way after it won the award - when was that, around 2001?

I lived in Danestone, up back of Tesco's for a year. We had a mobile chippie in a van come around three times a week, and he was very good indeed. When I think back to the haddie, freshly plucked from the North Sea and plunged in a wee batter coat into the oil, it fair makes my mouth water.

Excuse my ignorance but is Aberdeen where the lochness monster is?

I would love to see Scotland North one day,when i get tired of going to Thailand.

On another note,how hard is it to cook fish and chips?

Is it easy to learn?

Obvioysly simon is cooking so you can get a work visa then.Maybe fish chef?

I would love to see Scotland North one day,when i get tired of going to Thailand.

Is it easy to learn?

Are you takin the piss?? there is a clue in the name.... Loch Ness ...Inverness????

Is it easy to learn?

Are you takin the piss?? there is a clue in the name.... Loch Ness ...Inverness????

Some of the girls on Union Street of a Saturday night would give Nessie a run for her money... :o ...better to stick to Thailand maybe.