Central Festival Flooded

rocky123

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guess they could just put a floating market down there.

Why Not , the new one in Pattaya is a bust , they could just move it in

:o

The new floating market in pattaya is packed out every day of the week, are you perhaps referring to the decorative floating market within the Village mall?

You Got it ,could we wait for the full storms & float it in ??

:D

:o What a joke. The place is brand spanking new and with the first rains it is flooded... Sad really.

TheWalkingMan

Seriously though, have you ever come across a new building anywhere in the world without some teething problems? It could have been something as simple as a blocked drain.

It seems to be when anything goes wrong with anything in Thailand people on here are fast to critisize Thais and their abilities.

What?? I criticize everyone, not just the Thai folks.

I would have thought that knowing the high levels of rain in the area, the notorious flooding and the crappy drainage system that these bigwigs would have made doubly sure that this high profile shop would have been immune to flooding. Of course that is just my opinion.

Sorry, it was a general comment about criticism aimed at Thais.

I'm sure the developers of Central were well aware of the drainage requirements as the building has been in construction for 3 years. Saying that the developers didn't allow for drainage is almost an insult.

I'm confident you'll find upon closer analysis that there was a simple fix to a simple problem.

I imagine that the Boots girls are on a big push to get any sales if the foot traffic is low in a high-rent location. Pity about that since Boot's anywhere else in the Kingdom is usually a nice, harassment-free, air-conditioned shopping stop.

Taking into consideration that Meg is young, blonde and beautiful she probably commanded a little extra attention. I never get bothered by sales staff in Boots.

I imagine that the Boots girls are on a big push to get any sales if the foot traffic is low in a high-rent location. Pity about that since Boot's anywhere else in the Kingdom is usually a nice, harassment-free, air-conditioned shopping stop.

Taking into consideration that Meg is young, blonde and beautiful she probably commanded a little extra attention. I never get bothered by sales staff in Boots.

I am bothered there every time!

Edited by Jingthing

:D Thats the best post I've ever seen you post Tropo... Well done!

:D:o

I am bothered there every time!

If they do I usually say something like: "I'm just looking around. I'll call you over if I need help". Problem solved.

Yes, so few customers - a sales associate usually follows you around while you shop.

They know me at Boots. I am a BIG SPENDAH. There is no such thing as being too rich, too thin, or using too much MOISTURIZER.

Edited by Jingthing

Well I don't know much about this subject, but Royal Garden and Mike's Shopping Mall have underground car parks, and they never get flooded.

Oh I forgot - those two establishments are nearing their "sell By Date" and are being replaced by the spanky new Avenue and Central\Festival, with Bangkok qualified construction engineers who know what they are doing.

A few weeks ago I made my one and only venture into the Pattaya Central. What a waste of space! Full of upmarket very expensive merchandise that no one was buying, and very few customers. I went into Boots to buy some sweeteners, and my wife was "pressure sold" into buying some bullshit vitamins for over 2,000 Baht. I was not at all pleased.

I noticed that for the first few weekends the roads were jammed with out of town visitors to Central. Seems to me that the rush has died down, and no-one is coming back.

I'm not against Central per se. I like the Chidlom and Bang Na branches and have spent many hours there. But the one in Pattaya is just a dispassionate, up-market characterless joint, with none of the teaming customers - students and the like - and the cheaper entrepreneurial stalls on the walkways which help to provide some of the atmosphere.

A few days ago I went in Mikes, and Royal and found both places full of tourists, desperately spending their hard earned foreign currency. They clearly have given the new Central the "thumbs down".

I think someone has got this all wrong - but that's just my opinion.

Mr depressing or what!!!! and what utter rubish Central is great and whenever i have been there is no shorttage of customers Pattaya needs more shopping centers like Central its a growing city and a great place to be. stop being so negative, I sometimes wonder why some posters on this forum bothered to move to Thailand at all!!

Mr depressing or what!!!! and what utter rubish Central is great and whenever i have been there is no shorttage of customers Pattaya needs more shopping centers like Central its a growing city and a great place to be. stop being so negative, I sometimes wonder why some posters on this forum bothered to move to Thailand at all!!

I call it as I see it.

You may do the same.

But don't tell what to do please - or maybe you aspire to be a moderator? :o

I'm not negative, nor depressed, and I warrrant I have spent more time in Thailand than you probably have on this Earth.

I have seen Pattaya grow from a sleepy, pretty little fishing village to the monster - yes monster - that it is today. That doesn't mean there aren't good parts of pattaya, and I do enjoy those parts and am happy living here, but Pattaya is a far, far call from the pleasant Thai village that it used to be.

Of course everything has to progress, and time cannot stand still, but it certainly unfortunate that some of the developments of the past 25 years have turned this resort into one of the most infamous sex cities in the world.

In my opinion you are dreaming if you really believe this place will go up market. This city was built on sex, and if it is to survive it will continue to survive largely on sex tourists. If the powers to be really try to take it up market and close down all the red light areas, Pattaya will die a painfiull death.

Places like Central are not suited to Pattaya, and I reiterate my personal observation that it is an awful , uninspiring failure and that on the day I went, it had very few visitors, and even less people actually buying anything. As opposed to Mikes, and Royal, which were teaming with happy shoppers. Doesn't that tell you something??

If you love places like Central so much, why don't you move to Bangkok, or better still, go back to your home country where I am sure you have an abundance of up market Malls and Department stores, to satisfy your addiction :D

And why are yoiu so upset? Surely you don't think that even the all powerful Mobi can singlehandedly persuade Central to close it's doors? Don't worry, I'm sure it will be open for many years to come,and will just be a red "blimp" in Central's balance sheet. :D

regarding the pushy sales staff, at these kind of shops in Central, are the staff paid on commission? i would actually guess not at Boots. Could be they are bored and lonely and get overly excited when a customer comes in? I agree it puts me off as well, but I'm just trying to figure out motive.

I call it as I see it.

You may do the same.

But don't tell what to do please - or maybe you aspire to be a moderator? :o

I'm not negative, nor depressed, and I warrrant I have spent more time in Thailand than you probably have on this Earth.

I have seen Pattaya grow from a sleepy, pretty little fishing village to the monster - yes monster - that it is today. That doesn't mean there aren't good parts of pattaya, and I do enjoy those parts and am happy living here, but Pattaya is a far, far call from the pleasant Thai village that it used to be.

Of course everything has to progress, and time cannot stand still, but it certainly unfortunate that some of the developments of the past 25 years have turned this resort into one of the most infamous sex cities in the world.

In my opinion you are dreaming if you really believe this place will go up market. This city was built on sex, and if it is to survive it will continue to survive largely on sex tourists. If the powers to be really try to take it up market and close down all the red light areas, Pattaya will die a painfiull death.

Places like Central are not suited to Pattaya, and I reiterate my personal observation that it is an awful , uninspiring failure and that on the day I went, it had very few visitors, and even less people actually buying anything. As opposed to Mikes, and Royal, which were teaming with happy shoppers. Doesn't that tell you something??

If you love places like Central so much, why don't you move to Bangkok, or better still, go back to your home country where I am sure you have an abundance of up market Malls and Department stores, to satisfy your addiction :D

And why are yoiu so upset? Surely you don't think that even the all powerful Mobi can singlehandedly persuade Central to close it's doors? Don't worry, I'm sure it will be open for many years to come,and will just be a red "blimp" in Central's balance sheet. :D

The only reason Pattaya won’t move forward is because of people with views like yours. I still think you are talking utter tosh many people come to Pattaya for holidays and may never get involved in the sex side its like judging London on soho you clearly do no much about what makes a modern tourist destination.

The only reason Pattaya won't move forward is because of people with views like yours. I still think you are talking utter tosh many people come to Pattaya for holidays and may never get involved in the sex side its like judging London on soho you clearly do no much about what makes a modern tourist destination.

So you DO believe little Mobi is powerful enough to influence the planning of the City fathers? I am flattered. Since when did anyone in LOS give a hoot about what farangs think?

This subject has been done to death on Thai VVisa but I doubt you have been around for previous debates, and I am not going to resurrect them now for a bright, sadly enthusistic, but naive new member.

What planet are you from? - trying to compare The Soho distriuct of London with the sex area of Pattaya. MY friend - the area from Beach Road, bordered by Jomtien in the South and Nakula in the North and stretching right out to Sukhumvit in the East is virtiually one gigantic sex area employing litterally tens of thousands of prostitutes in thousands of bars, massgae parlours, kaeoke bars/clubs and whore houses.

Soho - I think not. Sex city of Asia where a MAJORITY of the tourists only come for sex? I think so.

And if the get rid of the girls they get rid of Pattaya.

You are living in cloud cuckoo land my friend.

having been around Pattaya for 19 years now off and on ,i can remember a friend of mine who owned a beer garden and a bar telling me all those years ago how Pattaya as a sex capitol was coming to an end and was going up market ,well nothing has changed ,we have the central mall now ,very nice too ,but we still 'SHOP" at mikes and pop into central to look around and perhaps eat .

ime sorry but i say it the way i have seen it over the years, before it was a bit rough and ready ,now as my grandma used to say about someone trying to be posh ,"all fur coat and no nickers" pattaya to a tee.

still love it though.

The only reason Pattaya won’t move forward is because of people with views like yours. I still think you are talking utter tosh many people come to Pattaya for holidays and may never get involved in the sex side its like judging London on soho you clearly do no much about what makes a modern tourist destination.

Have you ever been to Pattaya?

Quite apart from the obvious reasons, politics, corruption, and the Police controlled Pattaya Mafia will hamper any real attempts to change Pattaya from what it is today.

If you are in any doubt, read these excerpts today's Bangkok Post:

No backing for Thaksin's Dasta

A plan to declare Pattaya a special tourism zone under the Designated Area for Sustainable Tourism Administration (Dasta), a public organisation, was put forward for cabinet consideration last Tuesday but failed to win support in the first stage.The cabinet decided to put off the plan, jointly initiated by the Pattaya municipality and Dasta, until it receives recommendations from a government committee on power decentralisation……

…..Deputy Government spokesman Suphachai Jaismut admitted the cabinet had put off its consideration of the plan but did not know the real reason behind its decision.

….However, a source close to last Tuesday's cabinet meeting said it was because the sustainable tourism policy was initiated by convicted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra……

For the full story, read HERE

Edited by Mobi

The heart of Pattaya is for those who are whores or seeking such and I agree anyone who believes otherwise is deluding themselves.

Whether or not the new Mall is suited to this town, well we shall see if the place lasts or how long it lasts in its' present form.

What gets me is trying to pretend Pattaya is for "families".

It is for single males seeking sex.

Right?!