Lakorns (thai Mini Soap-operas)

SebD

Having just about exhausted everything (movies and the odd lakorn) from Pirate Bay (and being proper khee nio, by nature) does anyone know where we can either download or watch Lakorns (preferably for free :o ) on the Internet?

I've been to the Channel 3 and Channel 7 websites where I know many lakorns originate from, without joy. :D

My UK entrapped thee rak is driving me nuts for them!!! :D

TIA.

Seb.

SebD,

Try searching on youtube. I just searched using "thai soap operas" and a few things came up. It should not take too much time to see if this is a short term solution or a long term. Good luck!

TheWalkingMan

Edit - here is the holy grail. youtube. com/user/LikitHuajai

Edited by TheWalkingMan

• 2 weeks later...
she wants to watch live thai tv in the uk on the net?

or

download thai movies?

Either, BygonKeaw.

Have pretty much exhausted all the Thai films available as Torrents (why so many Horror films? - but that's another subject).

We have downloaded a few complete Lakorns and these seem to be her favourites that she watches and re-watches ad infinitum.

Live Thai TV would be good (although our time difference and the fact that she works - and ipso-facto needs to sleep, too - might make proper live TV viewing awkward).

Ideally, I'd like to find Lakorns to download (I know that it might take time and upwards of 12 - 15 DVD'S) or maybe TV "on-demand" such as we get in the UK with BBC iPlayer and C4 On-Demand, whereby we are able to view most scheduled programmes at any time of our choosing, within a month of their being aired.

Not really asking for much, I know................

.................Just anything I want at whatever time I want it. :o

Having just about exhausted everything (movies and the odd lakorn) from Pirate Bay (and being proper khee nio, by nature) does anyone know where we can either download or watch Lakorns (preferably for free :o ) on the Internet?

I've been to the Channel 3 and Channel 7 websites where I know many lakorns originate from, without joy. :D

My UK entrapped thee rak is driving me nuts for them!!! :D

TIA.

Seb.

You can be honest here, they are really for you arn't they! :D

the best way is buy a lap top in thailand and ,when you use from your own country go on you tube and type anything on it in thai ...she will get anything she wants to look at

Or being kheeneeaw, a keyboard :o

husband watches utube; when finished with the thai stuff has moved on to korean stuff dubbed in thai... in the beginning we liked them, now sick of them (hubby is currently not working so soap operas and sport fishing tv series are the faves...)

but how to download and tape? is that possible? not sure if that is an illegal question or not, so skip if it is illegal..

bina

israel

All you would need is someone here in Thailand, with a fast internet connection to host it for you.

LSM

Might be a problem... An alternative is to use this company. They capture the Truevision signal in Taiwan, and send it with a Hava box (similar to a slingbox, but more possibilities) over the superior Taiwanese internet to you.

All you would need is someone here in Thailand, with a fast internet connection to host it for you.

LSM

Might be a problem... An alternative is to use this company. They capture the Truevision signal in Taiwan, and send it with a Hava box (similar to a slingbox, but more possibilities) over the superior Taiwanese internet to you.

Going to the URL that was in your last post, it leads to a vanilla satellite povider in Taiwan, just like UBC, here

Not having anyone to host it here is a deal breaker with a Slingbox.

I just assumed that she would have relatives here that could let her plug into their cable. With the 550 Baht, 2MB Internet plans now available it would be cost effective.

There are companies in the US that will let you set up a "managed Slingbox" set up for a fee if you don't have someone to "host" it for you. But I doubt such a service exists in Thailand. So I hope the Taiwan option is viable for you.

I wasn't even sure the Slinbox was available in the UK till I googled it for you.

LSM

LSM

Going to the URL that was in your last post, it leads to a vanilla satellite povider in Taiwan, just like UBC, here

Not having anyone to host it here is a deal breaker with a Slingbox.

I just assumed that she would have relatives here that could let her plug into their cable. With the 550 Baht, 2MB Internet plans now available it would be cost effective.

There are companies in the US that will let you set up a "managed Slingbox" set up for a fee if you don't have someone to "host" it for you. But I doubt such a service exists in Thailand. So I hope the Taiwan option is viable for you.

I wasn't even sure the Slinbox was available in the UK till I googled it for you.

LSM

It's a small firm with a good reputation, owned by a foreigner in Taiwan. They offer foreign satellite packages (including Truevision) to expat costumers. They also have a slingbox/hava hosting service. I'm not sure about the price, but believe they can offer up to 5 Mb upload - something I can only dream about. If the OP is interested, they have a free trial.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this might be of use to the OP. A Thai friend mentioned to me today that he often watches soaps a few days after transmission on this site:

www.me.in.th/Live/

Apparently the site will show today's transmissions on demand, but to watch previous days' content you need to register with a Thai ID card number. I don't read Thai myself so I can't verify any of this, nor do I know whether the site is available outside Thailand.

Hope this helps.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this might be of use to the OP. A Thai friend mentioned to me today that he often watches soaps a few days after transmission on this site:

www.me.in.th/Live/

Apparently the site will show today's transmissions on demand, but to watch previous days' content you need to register with a Thai ID card number. I don't read Thai myself so I can't verify any of this, nor do I know whether the site is available outside Thailand.

Hope this helps.

I can confirm that this site works just fine in Canada ,able to access the archives with my girls id card as well, she is ecstatic being able to catch up with her soaps , sorry , they are movies.

• 2 years later...