Uk Settlement

I know how you feel kennkate, the current stamp in my passport has got about four weeks to run but my non O visa runs out on Monday so if I don't hear tomorrow I'll have to do a visa run over the weekend because I can't garantee it will be sorted in the next month. Add to that I should have been back in the UK last month for a medical with my company, it's been no problem delaying it as they don't realize I'm now fit for work (I've been on a long term 'medical pension' and they didn't expect me to be able to work again). They aren't going to be happy when they find out I've delayed going back when fit.

I can't help much with the UK visa but I can help with this one.

If you don't want to do the border run and need extra time later (hope you don't) you can go to immigration and get a 60 day extension to visit your wife. You just need your marriage certificate, wifes house book and ID. Plus copies of your passport photo, visa, and entry/permit to stay stamps pages. Copy of TM6 departure card. One photo. The fee is 1900 baht.

It's easy to get and would save you the border run.

Hope this helps and that you don't need the extension because your wife got her visa.

Thanks Ubonjoe I was thinking of that one PROBLEM marraige Certificate Is at the Embassy So how do we get around that one ?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno about yourselves but when i married, we both got a Marriage certificate. Wifey is using hers for the application and i still have mine.

Going by the above post i am assuming this was not the case for yourselves?

I dunno about yourselves but when i married, we both got a Marriage certificate. Wifey is using hers for the application and i still have mine.

Going by the above post i am assuming this was not the case for yourselves?

We got married in the UK Dec 2007 We got 2 I left one in the UK. my wife used hers for the visa application

Do you think we could get around that if I need to? It would be a better option

Time to move the list again!

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3 (RTD -10/4)

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

Merangue 25/3 ????? 03/6 10 weeks

fluidfusion 27/3 (RTD 8/4)

TickTock 30/3 (RTD 23/5)

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4 (RTD 14/6)

AndyJoy 08/4 (RTD 1/5)

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 Applied in Jamaica (RTD 30/5)

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4 (RTD 24/5)

Rolypies 29/4 (RTD 14/5)

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5 (RTD 01/7)

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

I know how you feel kennkate, the current stamp in my passport has got about four weeks to run but my non O visa runs out on Monday so if I don't hear tomorrow I'll have to do a visa run over the weekend because I can't garantee it will be sorted in the next month. Add to that I should have been back in the UK last month for a medical with my company, it's been no problem delaying it as they don't realize I'm now fit for work (I've been on a long term 'medical pension' and they didn't expect me to be able to work again). They aren't going to be happy when they find out I've delayed going back when fit.

If you don't want to do the border run and need extra time later (hope you don't) you can go to immigration and get a 60 day extension to visit your wife. You just need your marriage certificate, wifes house book and ID. Plus copies of your passport photo, visa, and entry/permit to stay stamps pages. Copy of TM6 departure card. One photo. The fee is 1900 baht.

Hope this helps and that you don't need the extension because your wife got her visa.

Thanks Ubonjoe I was thinking of that one PROBLEM marraige Certificate Is at the Embassy So how do we get around that one ?

If you got married in Thailand you can go back to the Amper's Office that you were married and your wife can request a copy of your marriage certificate. You won't get the fancy one that you first got, just a formal certificate with all the stamps and details, she will just need her ID card with a copy, the copy of the marriage certificate cost all of 10 baht. We did the same, one cerificate is with our UK visa application, the others in the UK. Hope this helps.

Well i am soory to say that there has been an unexpected delay in our finding out the Decision on our Visa.

My wife was going to arrive in Bangkok Friday and then open the envelope but her grandson has been taken into hospital with a high fever. As would be expected she has not travelled today to bangkok.

Assuming the baby being ok, she will now arrive in Bangkok on Monday.

So now not only do we have to wait for the decision but we also have the Worry that the little fella is ill enough to need overnight hospitalisation.

Life sucks.

Since you got married in the UK that is a problem. It sounds like also you have not registered your marriage here either. That is something you will need to do in the future if you ever want to get a long term extension of stay.

The only thing I can think of would be to cantact the embassy and see if you can get the orignal back. They might do it if you explained your problem.

Thanks for the info ubonjoe, I didn't know that was an option. I'd be loosing a month doing the visa run anyway so I'd end up with the same length of time, the cost is about the same and with any luck I may not need it. Cheers :)

A lot of people are not aware it is an option. It can even be done with a 30 day entry or tourist visa.

A trip to immigration is a lot better than one to the border and you will end up with about the same amount of time in your case.

With a bit of luck you won't need to do it. I hope that bit of luck comes your way.

Also sorry to hear this Merangue, this is all your family needs at the moment, hope the little un is ok.

Of course your wife can send a messenger to collect, though I suspect she has other things on her mind at the moment.

Well i am soory to say that there has been an unexpected delay in our finding out the Decision on our Visa.

My wife was going to arrive in Bangkok Friday and then open the envelope but her grandson has been taken into hospital with a high fever. As would be expected she has not travelled today to bangkok.

Assuming the baby being ok, she will now arrive in Bangkok on Monday.

So now not only do we have to wait for the decision but we also have the Worry that the little fella is ill enough to need overnight hospitalisation.

Life sucks.

Let us know when he gets better....

Also sorry to hear this Merangue, this is all your family needs at the moment, hope the little un is ok.

Of course your wife can send a messenger to collect, though I suspect she has other things on her mind at the moment.

sorry to hear about the little one, hope he recovers soon.

peace and light

why is there a big slow down on people getting there s/v ? is this due to the Easter period ?

Well as with all fevers, it is normally a short term thing to get it down with fluids and antibiotics or it is very bad and a symptom of something more serious so the expectation/hope is he will be out of hospital this weekend at some time.

She will get to bangkok on the Sunday overnight bus and arrive Monday morning so will be just as quick as sending a courier anyway.

She is very distraught about the Visa now, convinced it is going to be rejected but the baby is more important at the moment if we have to wait we have to wait. There is no way i would ask her to leave before she felt he was out of the woods.

You could say the timing sucks but better she is there to support her daughter than on a bus or in Bangkok trying to get back to her family and not knowing what is happening.

Also the delay from friday to monday is unlikely to effect the flight time as she would still be able to book her ticket for Saturday morning next week as planned.

The worst part is knowing that there is an answer waiting but we don't know it.

They say bad luck comes in threes. Well i sprained my ankle two weeks ago, She walked into a branch and blacked her eye last Wednesday and now the baby is in hospital so hopefully that will mean good luck on the Visa........... Eventually.

sorry to hear about the little one, hope he recovers soon.

peace and light

why is there a big slow down on people getting there s/v ? is this due to the Easter period ?

Who knows? I think you take your pick from: Easter/lots of holidays, more applications from expats/UK based people, the poor economy, Bangkok processing Vietnam apps, more Visit visa/student applications, under resourced at the Embassy, 'busy' time to apply, some people have also suggested that more rigourous checking procedures in place and policy to send out the signal that sv process is a 3 month one to discourage spurious applications.

Checked online today, nothing doing. Very quiet.

Merangue you are due Good luck. I wish the Little One a speedy recovery.

And your wife's visa approved.

To the rest on here. No News for me I am crossing everyting for Monday. Only ONE since the 25th

'

We must be due more next week.

I Know the moment I book to go back Sods Law will kick in and my wife won't be able to get on the Flight with me

Having said that I must go back Soon. Will give it untill Tue. That will be 12 weeks from submission

Looks like today as gone out of the window. Monday Monday Monday Please Please.

No news from me as well.... 11 weeks today. :)

My daughter will be happy cos I won't miss her birthday next week. She knows I am on notice to fly out to Thailand and had been getting grumpy about me missing her birthday.....

Kids eh!!!! I wouldn't mind but she's 19 next week!!!!

Nothing here either.

Thats just one person from our little group thats had a reply since gypsymoth heard almost two weeks ago

but in the two weeks after gypsymoth applied seven of us also applied. There not even close to keeping pace

with the applications are they.

Worry no more things WILL move on next week.

It as been decided, We have to visit the Statue of the Lady in Lamphun.

Aparantly If you speek to her and ask her to help, Offer her flower garlands Ect.

If it is possible and you don't ask for a lottery win. You WILL recive you wishes.

We shall see Nothing ventured Nothing Gained. :)

Worry no more things WILL move on next week.

It as been decided, We have to visit the Statue of the Lady in Lamphun.

Aparantly If you speek to her and ask her to help, Offer her flower garlands Ect.

If it is possible and you don't ask for a lottery win. You WILL recive you wishes.

We shall see Nothing ventured Nothing Gained. :)

You could see a major rush to the Statue of the Lady.... all TV folf awaiting their visas.

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3 (RTD 10/4)

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

TickTock 30/3 (RTD 23/5)

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 (RTD 02/5)

AndyJoy 08/4 (RTD 1/5)

scotland 22/4

Rolypies 29/4 (RTD 14/5)

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

Hey guys, we had a phone call friday lunch time asking for an updated letter from the doctor confirming my wife was still pregnant and that she is still fit to fly.We went and got said letter and faxed it to the embassy with a new reference number they gave us and was told we could have a decision by tuesday!

Im not convinced we will get the answer soon but at least they have browsed through our application.Maybe pigs will fly past our house first!! :)

New page already

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3 (RTD 10/4)

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

TickTock 30/3 (RTD 23/5)

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 (RTD 02/5)

AndyJoy 08/4 (RTD 1/5)

scotland 22/4

Rolypies 29/4 (RTD 14/5)

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

my missus been to the fortune teller in chom thomg about 4 times,

I bet she got Her Crystal ball from Mr Burb. It's a Knock off.

It did nothing for him and no mention of it for a while.

its a he,you no one of them,suppose to be a medium,scary but they belive,tit

Hey guys, we had a phone call friday lunch time asking for an updated letter from the doctor confirming my wife was still pregnant and that she is still fit to fly.We went and got said letter and faxed it to the embassy with a new reference number they gave us and was told we could have a decision by tuesday!

Im not convinced we will get the answer soon but at least they have browsed through our application.Maybe pigs will fly past our house first!! :)

How many weeks gone is Mrs.Rolypie, Rolypie? We were asked to fax through a dr certificate which they got last Saturday, heard jack all since. Awesome if you get a decision by Tuesday, good luck fella, feels like you are on the home straight.

Fingers crossed for you mate.