Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She got it wow she got it. Its finally all over she is on her way. Thanks for everyones support I wish everyone all the very best and hope all your visa's come soon

Cheers

Mark

Congratulations Mark!

Very best wishes for future!!

Congratulations on all those that have got thiers through. Still waiting and nailbiting. Glad to see they have started on May applications now. So hopefully not long to know our fate. Hoping for best, dreading worse, do we have anyfeedback on refusals, what grounds, If they want more info do we at least get a chance to remedy problem or is just chucked out.? :)

Great News TrueBlue, MARKY1600 and good luck on the result Suprich and Alanr

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks) MONDAY

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days) MONDAY

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks) TUESDAY

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days) FRIDAY

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days) WEDNESDAY

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case) THURSDAY

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day) TUESDAY

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks) TUESDAY

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days) MONDAY

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days) MONDAY

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) THURSDAY

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days) WEDNESDAY

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) FRIDAY

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks) TUESDAY

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day) FRIDAY

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day ) FRIDAY Decision overturned 15/07 WEDNESDAY

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Jaja 20/3 granted 9/7 - (15 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Pudsey 23/3 granted 10/7 - (15 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Domm44 27/3 Granted 22/7- (16 Weeks 5 days)WEDNESDAY

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks) WEDNESDAY

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day) MONDAY

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks) THURSDAY

Mikeyp 03/4 granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Feasantplukka 03/4 Granted 14/7 - (14 week 4 days) TUESDAY

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Lerningcurve 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Kate46 (son) 08/4 Granted 22/7 - (15 WEEKS) WEDNESDAY

AndyJoy 08/4 Granted 21/7 (14 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica) granted 7/7 (12 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

ExoticMatter 09/4 Granted 23/7 (15 weeks) THURSDAY

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4 granted 24/07 (13weeks)

Jes5133 24/4 ??????? 24/7 (13 Weeks) FRIDAY

Lee888 28/4 Granted 22/7 (12 week 1 Day) WEDNESDAY

CinnamonRoll 29/4 Granted 22/7 - (12 week) WEDNESDAY

Gena 29/4 Granted 22/7 (12 week) WEDNESDAY

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case) WEDNESDAY

Castor83 29/4

TDM 30/4 Granted 24/7 (12 Weeks 1 Day) FRIDAY

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5 Granted 23/7 (11 Weeks 4 Days) THURSDAY

Marky1600 05/05 Ganted 28/7 (12 Weeks)

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5 ??????? 28/7 (11 Weeks 5 Days)

Suprich 07/5 ??????? 28/7 (11 Weeks 5 Days)

Buzby 11/5

dean999 12/5

Dont panic 13/05

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5 Granted 27/7 10 weeks 5 days

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Johnokk 25/5

moodysufc 26/5

Ade2007 29/5

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Hawkinsschris 19/6

Thongkorn 23/6

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/7

Edited by borodave

Well we are also ready to pick up mrs is on the way to get there for 3pm will let you know how it goes.

Has anyone failed after 12weeks or do you tend to be refused earlier on?

No you dont have to get a refusal before 12 weeks... we got refused bang on 12 weeks, and then went thru an interesting journey of almost 6 more weeks of calls emails, and faxes to eventually get the ECM to over turn the decision to an approval. took i think 1 day under 18 weeks in total...

Wow another influx of granted visas congrats everyone, whats happened to chewy????????

All I know via my MPs office via inquires to the UK border agency is that the British embassy Bangkok is awaiting a report from the UK. On who or what about I do not know? They are trying to establish what it is and I am awaiting the phone call that never arrives. Same from the embassy never answer e-mails or even fax from my MP. I have now called the UK border agency Chief executive today and again awaiting a return call. I have the extension number for the ECM Bangkok but he never picks up the phone.

Start week 20 tomorrow

Congrates to all you lucky winners this week. Even suprised at the 10 weeks 5 day visa. Wow. Makes me wonder why they jumped about a week. Unless one person gets a mass of app's and that person dare i say it works really fast.

Feeling really positive today. I haven't even been drinking. lol.

Hopefully we will get more winners this week.

:):D Goodluck everyone :D:D

Wow another influx of granted visas congrats everyone, whats happened to chewy????????

All I know via my MPs office via inquires to the UK border agency is that the British embassy Bangkok is awaiting a report from the UK. On who or what about I do not know? They are trying to establish what it is and I am awaiting the phone call that never arrives. Same from the embassy never answer e-mails or even fax from my MP. I have now called the UK border agency Chief executive today and again awaiting a return call. I have the extension number for the ECM Bangkok but he never picks up the phone.

Start week 20 tomorrow

Sorry. I pressed add reply before i finished.

Chewy Hope all your dreams will come true and your visa is issued very soon.

Goodluck. Most of the time i feel fed up with the whole thing and i'm not even at 12 weeks. I can only imagine what you and your wife are going through.

Congrates to all you lucky winners this week. Even suprised at the 10 weeks 5 day visa. Wow. Makes me wonder why they jumped about a week. Unless one person gets a mass of app's and that person dare i say it works really fast.

:):D Goodluck everyone :D:D

yes quite suprised why i jumped the gun,looking at the returned file id sent, there did not seem as though much had been disturbed,just lucky i guess.

:D:D Goodluck everyone :D:D

yes quite suprised why i jumped the gun,looking at the returned file id sent, there did not seem as though much had been disturbed,just lucky i guess.

I thought i would check the visa tracker. I know why my wife hasn't got hers. She has to go for an interview. So that probably another 12 week wait. Then they could still refuse. I was happy about an hour ago, what with everyones good news. Then boom, sunk back down. :)

My wife hasn't even recieved a message saying she needs to contact the VFS to arrange an interview. She keeps saying " i need to wait for a message."

Does anyone know how long the wait is for an interview???????

Dean999 I don’t know how long you will have to wait but from now on put all your efforts into preparing your wife for the interview. Make sure she knows everything about you and your background and family. They can be very stressful and no doubt will make her feel like a criminal. I have listened to other peoples interview stories.

:D:D Goodluck everyone :D:D

I thought i would check the visa tracker. I know why my wife hasn't got hers. She has to go for an interview. So that probably another 12 week wait. Then they could still refuse. I was happy about an hour ago, what with everyones good news. Then boom, sunk back down. :)

My wife hasn't even recieved a message saying she needs to contact the VFS to arrange an interview. She keeps saying " i need to wait for a message."

Does anyone know how long the wait is for an interview???????r

Dean999 not had anyone post about having an interview for a settelment visa, dont Know if any members wifes have had to have one

Edited by feasantplukka

Bingo!!!!

Wife picked up her passport today (Monday). Visa Granted :D

11 weeks exactly.

What a relief. I think the hours between SMS and wife collecting passport were filled with more anxiety than the previous 11 weeks :D

Good luck to all those waiting and EXTRA GOOD LUCK to Chewy. We are all rooting for you and your wife :)

Congrads to everyone who had their visas looks like it going down to 12 wks for some people. :)

Incidently Regent house told the wife that it was ok to travel with an out of date TB document. For gods sake don't listen to them I spoke with border control at airport and they said they'd send her back!!

They actually did new TB document (still 2600 baht again) on same day.

Dean999 I don't know how long you will have to wait but from now on put all your efforts into preparing your wife for the interview. Make sure she knows everything about you and your background and family. They can be very stressful and no doubt will make her feel like a criminal. I have listened to other peoples interview stories.

thank you for the advice chewy.

I should find out tomorrow how long till the interview. The misses is going to ring.

I have been racking my brains, trying to think what they don't believe. I have a secure job (royal navy). A house that i got from the navy. A garanted income, which the navy wrote a letter confirming how much i earn. Pic's from are wedding we had down her village. ect ect. I'm so angry and confussed. Why do i put my life on the line for a country that helps people that don't deserve it.

I should of flown my wife to Bahrain where i can talk to the embassy staff, even the ambassador. When i was working out there we could go right in to where he lived. not a chance in Bangkok.

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P

CHEWY, i can not believe you have not received your visa yet, unbelievable, same happened to me they said waiting on more info and got a week later so i am praying for you :)

wife now settled and taken over the kitchen, oh my god!!

we are now applying for her daughter's visa, just need to know does my wife need to take daughter to embassy in Bkk for finger prints and photos or can her brother do this, wife was living in grand cayman and her grand mother and brother where looking after her daughter, wife as sole responsibility for daughter witnessed by grand mother and her brother , father as nothing to do with daughter, if somebody could guide me on this i would be very grateful

Dean999 I don't know how long you will have to wait but from now on put all your efforts into preparing your wife for the interview. Make sure she knows everything about you and your background and family. They can be very stressful and no doubt will make her feel like a criminal. I have listened to other peoples interview stories.

I should find out tomorrow how long till the interview. The misses is going to ring.

I have been racking my brains, trying to think what they don't believe. I have a secure job (royal navy). A house that i got from the navy. A garanted income, which the navy wrote a letter confirming how much i earn. Pic's from are wedding we had down her village. ect ect. I'm so angry and confussed. Why do i put my life on the line for a country that helps people that don't deserve it.

I should of flown my wife to Bahrain where i can talk to the embassy staff, even the ambassador. When i was working out there we could go right in to where he lived. not a chance in Bangkok.

Dean, bit of a stab in the dark here but it might be that you are a member of the forces and have access to sensitive information. Just guessing, but thay may want to do a drains up on your Mrs' history.

Incidently Regent house told the wife that it was ok to travel with an out of date TB document. For gods sake don't listen to them I spoke with border control at airport and they said they'd send her back!!

The following e-mail from UK Visas says differently:-

RE: VCS309980: General information

Thank you for your enquiry.

The fact that the TB certificate was valid when lodged with the visa application will be sufficient for purpose.

Sent by:

Public Enquiries [G], Visa Services, International Group,

UK Border Agency, London SW1A 2AH

Web-site: www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Even if the immigration officer did not accept an out of date TB cert, they would not send anyone back! The worst that would happen is that they would send her to the port's medical centre for an examonation and/or X-ray.

Hi Dean999

At least with an interview there is opportunity for discussion, they probably just want to understand something more clearly - stay positive, you seem to tick the required boxes!

I wish you both the best of luck for the future. :P

TJ

Hi Dean

Not sure if you've heard all this before but as I understand the interview will be with just your wife although you can asked to be interviewed as well. Normally they are looking for inconsistencies in your stories'. When I was first looking into applying for a settlement visa i talked to a UK immigration lawyer about what to expect. He said they will ask you about how you met, what you have done together, has your wife met your family and vice versa, have you all spoken about moving to the UK, where will you live together etc etc. I actually found a pdf on this and I think the link to get it was on this site? Anyway my point is the interview is normally to prove that you really know each other and that its not a sham marriage. I hope this helps a bit mate. Lastly if you have any problems can your CO not wade in with a letter saying that your RN and therefore a porper chap and all that jazz?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Dean

Not sure if you've heard all this before but as I understand the interview will be with just your wife although you can asked to be interviewed as well. Normally they are looking for inconsistencies in your stories'. When I was first looking into applying for a settlement visa i talked to a UK immigration lawyer about what to expect. He said they will ask you about how you met, what you have done together, has your wife met your family and vice versa, have you all spoken about moving to the UK, where will you live together etc etc. I actually found a pdf on this and I think the link to get it was on this site? Anyway my point is the interview is normally to prove that you really know each other and that its not a sham marriage. I hope this helps a bit mate. Lastly if you have any problems can your CO not wade in with a letter saying that your RN and therefore a porper chap and all that jazz?

Cheers

Mark

In addition to the above, don't forget it is the Mrs who is applying for the Visa, so get the balanace right. I am not suggesting you do this but using a bona fida Agency might be worth considering. No doubt others can add to this, but I've heard that they perform 'mock' interviews in preparation. Just a thought.

Thank you all for your advice and support. I have calmed down today, thanks to your advice and a good nights sleep.

I have been speaking to someone on my ship who has brought his thai wife over. Small world.

He was telling me his wife was interviewed in January and like the questions marky1600 said the lad on my ship said the same. So once again thank you for putting my mind at rest.

I was speaking to the wife and all the questions i could think of about my family, plans, visits ect ect, she could answer. Mind calm again. :)

One positive way of looking at it is, they are actually processing my application.

Once again thank you all.

hi GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!! today my fiancee get her visa :) suprich also get visa :D just trying to get flights now good luck for everybody still waiting

if you find any good bargins,(flights to manchester) can you let us no cheers,best ive found so far is 500quid one way.