Uk Settlement

Congrats to all you guys, and just a quick note for all you long timers like myself, the wife had the baby tonight, little girl we are over the moon now our new life is complete :D:D

Congrats mr n mrs Roly on new baby girl. What name have you choosen? My Mrs is now 30 weeks with a girl too.

Rihanna mate she was 3 weeks early you havent got long now :)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Havn't been on for a while, congratulations to everybody who received their visas...any news on Chewy?

Rolypie am so pleased for you and your wife, enjoy your daughter I am certainly enjoying having my grandaughter here :):D

Congrats to all you guys, and just a quick note for all you long timers like myself, the wife had the baby tonight, little girl we are over the moon now our new life is complete :D:D

Congrats mr n mrs Roly on new baby girl. What name have you choosen? My Mrs is now 30 weeks with a girl too.

Congrats Rolypie - the best is yet to come mate!

I haven't seen my baby son (now 23 months) for over 4 months while waiting for this visa to be issued. It was the toughest time of my life. It's a big chunk out of his life too, so loads of making up time to be done.

I fly out to collect him in a few days - can't wait.... The thought of seeing him and my wife soon makes me feel like I've won the lottery.

Good luck to everybody, and especially to chewy.

I haven't seen my baby son (now 23 months) for over 4 months while waiting for this visa to be issued. It was the toughest time of my life. It's a big chunk out of his life too, so loads of making up time to be done.

I fly out to collect him in a few days - can't wait.... The thought of seeing him and my wife soon makes me feel like I've won the lottery.

Good grief the things we take for granted i mean just fancy you being allowed to be with your loved ones!!!!

Enjoy mate you deserve it :D:D

spot on spot,happy for you and missus,jai yen yen now.

Hi all just to let you know my wife had phone call from embassy this morning to say visa was ready for collection

today. Thats 10weeks 2 days. ! Now have to get flight booked , We are both so excited now, but we were beginning to think that there was a problem and the wait was starting to get us down. This waiting game is so stressful I just wish the VFS site was more informative even if it just gave a number in queue, it would be better that "sent to embassy"

I was worried because embassy requirement was original documents, and I am self employed and because I did application while I was in thailand and only had downloads of bank statements, utility bills etc No copy accounts and photocopies of other papers. I was beggining to think they would reject application, but is gone through ok. YESSS!!!!!!

All you guys out there still playing the waiting game good luck and dont despair, it will happen!!

Regards to all, great site, Its like having big family to talk to and you know you are not on your own.

Thanks

Hi all.

The wife went to the VAC yesterday. She said there was loads of people getting refused for visas. I think the government is making it harder to pass for a visa. I think its going to get worse as well. I was watching the news last night (News in UK) and they were saying the government is making it harder to get citizenship. If they are making that harder then i think visas are going to get harder too.

Congrates to everyone who has won this week. good luck to you all.

Two days to the wifes interview. :) I have everything crossed.

Hi all.

The wife went to the VAC yesterday. She said there was loads of people getting refused for visas. I think the government is making it harder to pass for a visa. I think its going to get worse as well. I was watching the news last night (News in UK) and they were saying the government is making it harder to get citizenship. If they are making that harder then i think visas are going to get harder too.

Good luck to the Mrs dean. Be good if you could post what questions they ask.

Girlfriend got a phone call this morning from VFS or embassy but she couldn't take the call and asked them to call her back still waiting for the return call. These last few hours have been more nerve racking than the past 10 weeks exactly.

Hi all.

Two days to the wifes interview. :D I have everything crossed.

Good luck to the Mrs dean. Be good if you could post what questions they ask.

Thank you for the good luck wishes.

I will post the questions they ask. I should know by about 9:00am uk time. 3pm thai time. As soon as i know i'll let everyone on here know. :)

The Wife just phoned me and has said she has a interview next week on the 11th, Though she has to goto VFS tommrow to pick up some paper apparently ? any idears what this could be ? or how the interview process works ?

Uaelaelil, when the wife has told me about the interview process on thursday i will try to post as much info as i can. :)

Hi there.

Sorry guys just found this thread, We submitted our application on the 27th May, visa was issued this morning.. I think thats a pretty quick time compared to some others waiting, The misses said lots of people there when she collected the visa, Many had been refused..

It may be some help to others to know i am self employed, had only 3 months bank statments, a letter from my parents to say we can live there. I had been living in Thailand for 7 years before that and married for 5 years, only came home in March and started working for myself, a bit of building work..

So it goes to show that every case is looked apon as different, and there is hope for everyone.

Keep your chin up and all should be fine... Looks like they are speeding up the process now... Good luck everyone.

Edited by wellhappy

The misses said lots of people there when she collected the visa, Many had been refused..

Before you start a mass panic with people jumping in front of BTS trains, I think you need to clarify that statement a bit.

There are always people being refused visas the majority being for visit and student visas, I understand student visas are being refused in greater numbers since the new procedures have been implemented with some colleges failing to provide the evidence in the required format.

A properly prepared and evidenced settlement visa application will always have a good chance of approval, even if it does take a ridiculously long time, and I doubt very much that is who your good lady witnessed receiving refusals.

The misses said lots of people there when she collected the visa, Many had been refused..

Before you start a mass panic with people jumping in front of BTS trains, I think you need to clarify that statement a bit.

There are always people being refused visas the majority being for visit and student visas, I understand student visas are being refused in greater numbers since the new procedures have been implemented with some colleges failing to provide the evidence in the required format.

A properly prepared and evidenced settlement visa application will always have a good chance of approval, even if it does take a ridiculously long time, and I doubt very much that is who your good lady witnessed receiving refusals.

Hi there.

Sorry yes i did not mean for it to sound like the way it did, I asked her just now and she said it was all different types of visa being refused mainly visit and student as the new process for student visas has been introduced... but also many passed for settlement..

The Wife just phoned me and has said she has a interview next week on the 11th, Though she has to goto VFS tommrow to pick up some paper apparently ? any idears what this could be ? or how the interview process works ?

Uaelaelil, when the wife has told me about the interview process on thursday i will try to post as much info as i can. :)

Good luck with the interview this week dean999. She went to the VFS and picked up her appointment paper today. Think im more nervous then the wife atm. Her APET number is not coming up on the visa tracking now though ? is it down or is this due to there being a interview at the embassy ?

But its great to see the times coming down. Good Luck to all other waiting and double that for Chewy.

Good luck with the interview this week dean999. She went to the VFS and picked up her appointment paper today. Think im more nervous then the wife atm. Her APET number is not coming up on the visa tracking now though ? is it down or is this due to there being a interview at the embassy ?

But its great to see the times coming down. Good Luck to all other waiting and double that for Chewy.

My wifes APET number does the same. It says invalid search or something close to that. At first it was saying she need to book an appointment through VAC for an interview with the embassy. As soon as she rang the VAC and made the appointment, her number didn't work. So dont panic.

Thank you for the good luck wishes. Good luck to you two. I know what you mean about being more nervous. My wife isn't, she just says, "it will be ok".

Hi all.

One thing that was in the news recently (I'm back in UK) was that the government has decided to allow 450,000 illegal immigrants receive free medical care. made me seethe considering my wife had a miscarriage last December whilst we were on holiday over here and were charged 650 pounds in medical charges.

So, illegal immigrants get free cover but my wife has to pay... just great !

We're over here for good and will stick it out but boy, things have changed.... Polish everywhere, service in shops totally rubbish, TV worse than UBC ( yee gads !! )...getting a BT phone line took 3 weeks and everytime I call a company, I get diverted to India... this happend on three straight calls..one to BT, one to AOL and one to Belkin...

So, if you've been in Thailand for a while, you're gonna love coming home...

Hi all.

One thing that was in the news recently (I'm back in UK) was that the government has decided to allow 450,000 illegal immigrants receive free medical care. made me seethe considering my wife had a miscarriage last December whilst we were on holiday over here and were charged 650 pounds in medical charges.

We're over here for good and will stick it out but boy, things have changed.... Polish everywhere, service in shops totally rubbish, TV worse than UBC ( yee gads !! )...getting a BT phone line took 3 weeks and everytime I call a company, I get diverted to India... this happend on three straight calls..one to BT, one to AOL and one to Belkin...

yer i no what you mean tango been back ourselfs approx 1.5 months and its definitly grim mate.

keep getting these feelings that i want to be back in thailand but the mrs wont have none of it.

maybe we will go back and live there in a couple of years ,cant wait lol :D

choc de cap.

Hi all.

going through my mind at the moment about that,everyone in the family think im in for a shock,are well mai bin rai,good old uk,lol

The UK Government is currently paying out more in welfare benefit than it receives in income tax so has now become desperate to reduce the number of people who claim benefits. This has probably resulted in the current clampdown on bogus colleges and student visas but I suspect has also shifted the emphasis on settlement visas to proving you can support yourself and partner without claiming from public funds. Thailand is not a hotspot for bogus marriage scams or arranged marriages so I think the authorities are less interested in this than the financial side.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/565...ax-revenue.html

yer i no what you mean tango been back ourselfs approx 1.5 months and its definitly grim mate.

keep getting these feelings that i want to be back in thailand but the mrs wont have none of it.

maybe we will go back and live there in a couple of years ,cant wait lol :D

Based on current government thinking for the future then +ve points for Mrs Chanthas "Britishness" and -ve points for Chantas :) Be careful in future they might revoke your British Passport. :D

Hi there.

Sorry guys just found this thread, We submitted our application on the 27th May, visa was issued this morning.. I think thats a pretty quick time compared to some others waiting, The misses said lots of people there when she collected the visa, Many had been refused..

It may be some help to others to know i am self employed, had only 3 months bank statments, a letter from my parents to say we can live there. I had been living in Thailand for 7 years before that and married for 5 years, only came home in March and started working for myself, a bit of building work..

So it goes to show that every case is looked apon as different, and there is hope for everyone.

Keep your chin up and all should be fine... Looks like they are speeding up the process now... Good luck everyone.

Wellhappy? You should be, congratulations to you both.

Did you use an agent or did you put your info in yourself?

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks) MONDAY

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days) MONDAY

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks) TUESDAY

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days) FRIDAY

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days) WEDNESDAY

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case) THURSDAY

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day) TUESDAY

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks) TUESDAY

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days) MONDAY

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days) MONDAY

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) THURSDAY

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days) WEDNESDAY

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) FRIDAY

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks) TUESDAY

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day) FRIDAY

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day ) FRIDAY Decision overturned 15/07 WEDNESDAY

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Jaja 20/3 granted 9/7 - (15 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Pudsey 23/3 granted 10/7 - (15 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Domm44 27/3 Granted 22/7- (16 Weeks 5 days)WEDNESDAY

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks) WEDNESDAY

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day) MONDAY

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY