IT visa - one year IT expert visa

Where can I find a new IT visa?

It was reported that the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology wants top IT workers in Phuket and will encourage them by granting them a visa in one day. I am an IT expert. I have worked for the German stock exchange, the Bank of Germany and Commerzbank as an IT project manager.

I am now in Phuket – and free to stay for a long time to help the island become an IT province. Last week I went looking for an application form for the new one-year IT visa and the friendly officer told me that I could only get this form at Immigration in Bangkok. Perhaps if Phuket is to be an IT province, it should also have those forms?

Meanwhile my visa expires on September 14 and I can only extend it for a maximum of 15 days. What can I do?

Uwe Baumann, IT Expert Phuket

(Phuket Gazette)

Answer:

“Phuket Immigration does not have the form for the IT expert visa yet. You will have to get the form from Bangkok Immigration. You should contact the personnel department of the organization you are planning to work for, and ask them to write letters confirming your status.

The Bangkok address is: Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 Thailand. Tel: 02-2873101-10. Office hours: Mon-Fri 9 am-noon, 1 pm -4:30 pm. Saturday 9 am-noon.

There’s also a one-stop service for visas and work permits on Ratchadapisek Road, Bangkok. Tel: 02-6939333-8 ”

Pol Capt Krissarat Nusen,

Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.