Double Entry Tourist Visa In Vientiane Free

ok i have tourist visa tr with 2 entries expire date is 05-09-2009 and tr stamp till 12-05-2009.

so if good understand have to do visa run from bkk to cambodja say at 11-05 for getting new 60 day's stay

and afther that again visarun for other 60 day's stay.

what do i do afther that get new tourist visa with 2 entry in laos or maleisia

to stay other 6 months.

hope you can help me

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand what you have as you say a two entry tourist visa but seem to be planning on two exits for two stays - how did you enter Thailand without already using the first entry?

1. Was your two entry tourist visa issued with a 6 month or 3 month validity (use before date)?

2. What date was visa issued?

3. What date did you enter Thailand (if in Thailand). When will you first enter if not?

4. Tourist visa entry for most nationalities is 60 days but you can extend for 30 days - as you mention six months you appear to know that but do not mention it in your planning.

Don't understand what you have as you say a two entry tourist visa but seem to be planning on two exits for two stays - how did you enter Thailand without already using the first entry?

1. Was your two entry tourist visa issued with a 6 month or 3 month validity (use before date)?

2. What date was visa issued?

3. What date did you enter Thailand (if in Thailand). When will you first enter if not?

4. Tourist visa entry for most nationalities is 60 days but you can extend for 30 days - as you mention six months you appear to know that but do not mention it in your planning.

visa issued 06-03-2009

validated till05-09-2009

enter thai 14-03

want to extend as long as posible

because waiting for sell my house in holland to obtain retirment visa

OK. So you want to visit Immigration the first week of May and fill out a TM.7 for a 30 day extension of stay. Will need 4x6cm photo and 1,900 baht. The 30 days will start from your current permitted to stay until date (you lose nothing doing it early). In June you cross border, enter other country and return to use your second entry and do the same. Will cover six months. Currently Vientiane is one of few places in local area that will issue a 2 entry visa but it will only be valid for 90 days from date of issue so will be a little tighter (you may have to leave a day or two early to make second entry on time). You should check back before you need the new visa as things can change.

my son just got a double entry tourist visa in Vientiane free

Me too! Just returned from there last week with a double entry tourist visa which is good til end of Sep (although I know I'll need a couple of extensions and a border hop in between). That left me with a couple of extra grand for beerlao and pu sao lao.

Let me get it right...I checked in my passport again,and the last time I was in Vientien got only a single entry visa,valid for 60 days only.Have they changed their visa policy since then?What is the double entry means -is it 90 days for each entry (180 days all together?).Thanks.

You probably got a single entry because that is all you asked for.

A double entry means 2 entries of 60 days each. Each entry can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days. Giving a total of almost 6 months.

Litebeer, I prefer your definition of a double entry tourist visa to lopburi3's (above your reply).

Let me get it right...I checked in my passport again,and the last time I was in Vientien got only a single entry visa,valid for 60 days only.Have they changed their visa policy since then?What is the double entry means -is it 90 days for each entry (180 days all together?).Thanks.

You probably got a single entry because that is all you asked for.

A double entry means 2 entries of 60 days each. Each entry can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days. Giving a total of almost 6 months.

Litebeer, I prefer your definition of a double entry tourist visa to lopburi3's (above your reply).

Same Same. But mine was a bit more simplistic. :o

so, what do you do when your first 60(90) days runs out, how or where do you you activate the second entry, plus would the second entry have its own validity period?

i have done the single entry run to vientiane a couple of times and its quite easy but i have never applied for a double entry, maybe i'll try it now,.....

Edited by hamishgillan

You cross a border and return for second entry - you must do this before the visa expires (90 days from day of issue if from Vientiane). Second entry will be the same as the first and can be extended 30 days the same as the first.

No, no need to show air tickets. They seem to decide on the issuance of the visa in the application process anyway and never, in the many times I have stuck in that interminable line have I seen anybody been asked for tickets/funds. I worried, take one with you.

No, no need to show air tickets. They seem to decide on the issuance of the visa in the application process anyway and never, in the many times I have stuck in that interminable line have I seen anybody been asked for tickets/funds. I worried, take one with you.
Sorry for grammar mistakes - busy!!

hi,

I write this bleary eyed as I have just arrived back in Lampang on the overnight bus from Udon as I have just got a double entry tourist visa from Vientiane.

Going to the Thai Embassy in Vientiene was pretty busy on that MOnday morning, but you at least get a ticket and queue. Some people like to get there an hour before the embassy opens at 8.30am so they can be first in line....but they seem to neglect the obvious point that you still have to be there at 7.30am waiting around outside whilst the rest of us are still sleeping off hangovers... OK, so once inside you wait maybe an extra half an hour, but you then have the rest of the day in Vientiene anyway!!! Each to their own.

When you collect you passport the next day, you also get a ticket and have to wait.... this can be a a bit of a pain should you wish to leave the city that day and head back into Thailand... but again, the wait was no more than an hour.

All very straightforward - you get a 30 day Laos visa at the friendship bridge, pay 20 bhat for the bridge crossing, then a about 200-300 bhat to get to Vientiene.... all very easy.

Your 60 days start the moment you come back into thailand, and depending on your circumstances, you can extend another 30 days at thai immigration office, or leave the country (overland or plane) within the 60 days and have your next 60 day start upon your second arrival (which could be minutes or days after leaving...)

It's all very easy and there are lots of people in the same boat you can ask about stuff. Go there, take you time, enjoy the Lao beer and enjoy the experience...

• 1 month later...

Does anyone knows what's the deal in Phnom Pen? What is the max I can get there?(one or double entry,and if only one- for how long?)

BTW- is Phnom Pen worth the travel as another destination yet to be explored?.......

PP gives single entry, Vientianne gives double entry.

Vientiane were happy to give 3 entries and more too for 1000 baht per entry on a 90 day tourist visa.

Has anyone tried to score 3 or more entries for free?

• 2 weeks later...

Suvannakhet has never given 2 entry visas. And if you go back for another one you may not get it.

Suvannakhet is not a reccomended consulate for any visa unless you live near the bridge.

There are only 2 consulates in Laos so you don't have any other choice.

• 2 years later...

any one has any current experience with HCMC Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City giving double entry visas to thailand

For a fee or free doesn't matter

I have been on a tourist double entry from elsewhere already 5 months in thailand

Anyone has good or some experience with the consulte in HCMC and what they give there recently ?