Wuttichot, Satit Udomseuksa Or Best

Phil Conners

Which is the best medium-price school  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are A lot of private schools in Pattaya, but very few bilingual schools that teach almost everything in english and thai. I have A son that has been going to Best for two years now, and he loves it. He is now going into first grade, and speaks english good. In reference to the gentleman that states the facilities are poor, they are overcrouded, and are now building a new building, so the facilaties should improve.

• 1 month later...

Some one mentioned school outside Pattaya "Assumption School". I am trying to find contact details. Anyone help me ie provide me with email address telephone number. Exactly where it is in Chonburi. Much talked about but cannot find contact details.

Edited by maprao

There are A lot of private schools in Pattaya, but very few bilingual schools that teach almost everything in english and thai. I have A son that has been going to Best for two years now, and he loves it. He is now going into first grade, and speaks english good. In reference to the gentleman that states the facilities are poor, they are overcrouded, and are now building a new building, so the facilaties should improve.

hope is english is gooder than your's

all thai schools are crap

Some one mentioned school outside Pattaya "Assumption School". I am trying to find contact details. Anyone help me ie provide me with email address telephone number. Exactly where it is in Chonburi. Much talked about but cannot find contact details.

Which Assumption? There's one in Rayong:

http://www.acr.ac.th/acr/index.shtml

and one in Sriricha:

http://www.acs.ac.th/

Which Assumption? There's one in Rayong:

http://www.acr.ac.th/acr/index.shtml

and one in Sriricha:

http://www.acs.ac.th/

Thanks found the websites. They did not have links to English :D so I will have to email and wait until my wife comes so I can understand it :o Once again Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Not Best, never!

I know a teacher couple there. If they can be allowed to teach it's not a place I'd bring my child!

So I guess ignorance is bliss? and as long as you don't know any of the teachers personally then you are happy to send your kids there?

Do you know all of the teachers where your child goes now? and their personal habits?

I have to say my experience with the teachers at Best is very positive. In fact most parents I know who have children in Best have done so solely on the basis of teachers.

As I have said in previous posts the facilities are a little run down but there are big expansion plans.

I looked at Satit also, it is a beautiful school, but Satit does not have a full bi lingual curriculum, they do teach English, however just as a subject, they do not have English Maths, Science and other subjects as the bi lingual program offers.

When I took my children to Satit the teacher was very straight forward and honest she said she could not offer the level of education they hade been receiving at Best.

Sorry for my bad English but I just want you to notice this.

My son visits BEST for 1.5 years . I found out that he has little learned and improved in this time despite he got very good grades in tests and exams carried out by BEST SChOOL ,,, and signed by the BEST teachers. To make sure I let my son do the tests once again at home and he failed every test to 99 %. Where he got the good,best,exellent grades from , I wonder ? I tried the summer school and the extra classes as well. It was always the same, BEST GRADES and WORST in REALITY

International School, to my mind there is no alternative (although I wish there was).

Free enrolment (negotiable), I pay around 65K per term. 3 terms a year.

All native speakers, english curriculum. Fantastic.

I have looked at Thai schools, they are at worst crap, and at best a compromise, preparing the kids for a passive life in agriculture.

My kids education is not something I am prepared to scrimp on, nor should anyone.

INTJ.

Not Best, never!

I know a teacher couple there. If they can be allowed to teach it's not a place I'd bring my child!

My son goes to Best. I know who you are talking about, but I must tell you they do a good job teaching. I don't care what they do with thier personal life. I've only had one issue with a teacher, because i don't agree with the way he teaches. This term is almost over, and a new teacher for the upcoming term two. I;m sure you can find issues with a teacher or two at any school. Probably even the school you went too. In any case Other than the international school which I have to admit I know little about, i Think best is the better of any bilingual school in Pattaya..

Barry

INTJ: I agree with you regarding your child's education - nothing more important. We are moving to Pattaya in September. While in Pattaya in June, my wife went to International School to enquire re our 12 year old (Scottish) daughter enrolling. I was under the impression that an enrolment/registration fee was payable.

• 8 months later...