How Badly Don't You Want To Move Back To Your Home Country?

Jingthing

How badly don't you want to move back to your home country?  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good post...

How badly do I want to move back to Vancouver Island, Canada?....bad enough that I just bought a one-way ticket to Vancouver for May 4th, after living here for about 8 years.

Yes, there are some things that I loved about Thailand....riding my harley without papers, running red lights, speeding and driving drunk, paying bribes for whatever I wanted and not having to wait in line for anything, getting the Royal Treatment at any hospital, as long as I flashed enough money.

I also love the tight family life here and having decent neighbors, who are poor, but have a heart of Gold.

Why am I moving back?

I'm tired of living with air pollution in the North and swimming with plastic bags in the South....

I'm tired of mechanics trying to charge my new battery at full blast, in 10 minutes

I'm tired of racist ex-politician criminals getting to adress audiences, while on the lam...

I'm tired of everyone expecting a handout, because I am a foreigner...

I'm tired of a bunch of burned out, old, drunk perverts explaining to me, how they are doing a public service by sleeping with 18 year old school girls. (I guess it has never occured to them, that you can help somebody financially, without sexually exploiting them)

I'm tired of bankers telling my friends that they need to buy insurance from them or make large deposits, before they can enjoy the privillege of paying 600 Baht a year for a safety deposit box

I'm tired of Grammar teachers at NES English school, who proudly display their Masters Degree earned in the US, filling my Thai daugher with Bulls@#t and inaccuracies.

I'm tired of the Thai education system (or lack of it)

I'm tired of people worshipping money, waiing and bowing to rich A$$H&%$$ (poor hardworking farmers almost crawling on the floor in front of these rich, ruthless bastards)

I'm tired of rude foreigners using this country as their playground, with no respect for local customs.

I'm tired of village idiots waking me up over the village speakers in the morning

I'm tired of Wat announcements

I'm tired of election and advertising being blarred at me from trucks

I'm tired of eating rice and rice noodles

I'm tired of knowing about the 20% per month money lenders

I'm tired of the horrible medical care in this country, if you are poor

I'm tired of anti-biotics

and...

I miss the clean air on Vancouver Island

I miss the clean water

I miss drinking clean water from any tap

I miss having electricity all the time and highspeed ADSL that gives me high speed all the time

I miss having intelligent people to talk to

I miss having real friends, people I don't have to think about weather or not they want something from me

I miss good Western Food at a decent price

I miss my hottub

I miss skiing in the winter and hanging out at the ski lodge

I miss good beer (Molson Canadian ;-)

I miss being politically involved in my country without having to worry about getting deported

I miss poker games without cheaters

I miss my old motorhome

I miss going canoeing for three days, without meeting anybody on the water

I miss climbing the local mountains without having to pay 200 Baht to do it

I miss seeing wildlife (and I don't mean in the local frying pan), such as Deer, Elk, Moose, Beaver, Grizzlies and Black Bears....

I miss parking my motorhome for 8 months, turning the key and it starting right away

I miss good quality SAE (Standard Tools), to wrench my bike

I miss my double-double coffee from Tim Hortons

I miss being able to buy a car for $500 and drive it for 3 years without hazzle

I miss hiking in clean air

I miss Wild Salmon

I miss the local pub

I miss real music

I miss Western appliances at decent prices...a good coffee machine, washing machines and dryers, a comfortable bed, good tools

Well, that was my, I miss Canada Rant lol

Since my wife and daughter are Thai, we might very well move back here one day, but not for a while, I think.

It will take me at least 4 months, to get sick and tired of Canada ;-)

Cheers

You make a good case. I would rather be in Canada too by the sounds of it.

Many of us whinge about life in Thailand, but things are not so good all over, and I think most of us would rather stay here rather than move back to our home countries. How about it?

Some poll details:

-- non-expats not covered

-- people with unusual life histories, never lived in home country, having no nationality, having ten passports, extraterestial beings, etc. all not covered

-- I thought of adding the option "I am a wanted criminal in my home country" but thought the better of it because such people will tend to be paranoid, and with good reason

A good poll

Would be another ssue if you added

If you could afford to move back

Many of us can but not sbai sabai in the sunshine plus increasing stereotypes racism against Thai partners

I got used to ripple of falng and double pricing visa dicrimination paying tax with no vote but would not expose my gentle wife to the xenophobia in Europe or Oz in my experience US is better on the surface but as we cannot live there its irrelevant in the green card lottry the only 2 nations excluded were Ireland and UK which covered US in ever war bar the Nam folly seems muslim militants and mexican wetbacks are whats in demand

my point about " if you could afford to go back" was rubbished by the op, which makes the poll meaningless but he won't accept that as he won't lose face.

The survey seems unfairly weighted

Many may not want to go back but may have to for financial reasons

I considered your point and I find it total BS with a cherry on top, you whinger.

If you HAVE to go back because you're skint, you would vote one of the DON'T WANT TO GO BACK choices. Even if you ARE going to back, you can still not want to go back.

whats your problem with caf .he just said he might have to return home because of financial situation..wheres the harm in saying that..he might not want to go back but if his money runs dry in thailand he might have to go back to work...there might be many in that situation

The problem was his comment on the poll was not based on logic. There are plenty of voting options for him and people like him. The focus of the poll is about FEELINGS about moving back, not about REASONS for moving back. You can't do ANY poll without attracting terminally negative whingers like this. No poll is perfect but it is annoying when the nit pickers are picking at nits that don't exist. I have also noticed that people like him never start their own polls to focus on the issues that interest them, that wouldn't be nearly as much fun as tearing down other efforts.

I do wish people wouldn't post when they are so under the influence of drink that the brain doesn't work. drunk. unless there arev other reasons.

whingeing, nit-picking, and all the other abuses.... and why, because you'ce lostb the argument and face and can only do the thaivisa thing of flaming ratherv than sensibly discussing

If you read posts on other threads you will see he is very arrogant and bigoted. Hence his response to a very reasonable comment. But he never likes to be wrong.

Who but a spineless masochist likes to be wrong? However, anyone who knows my posting history knows I am quite willing and cheerful to admit when I am indeed wrong, when indeed I am wrong, but that particular dig at the poll was completely without merit.

" without merit" ?? really, so why a subsequent post supporting it

what you should have said about your own reply was " with abuse"

Good post...

How badly do I want to move back to Vancouver Island, Canada?....bad enough that I just bought a one-way ticket to Vancouver for May 4th, after living here for about 8 years.

Yes, there are some things that I loved about Thailand....riding my harley without papers, running red lights, speeding and driving drunk, paying bribes for whatever I wanted and not having to wait in line for anything, getting the Royal Treatment at any hospital, as long as I flashed enough money.

I also love the tight family life here and having decent neighbors, who are poor, but have a heart of Gold.

Why am I moving back?

I'm tired of living with air pollution in the North and swimming with plastic bags in the South....

I'm tired of mechanics trying to charge my new battery at full blast, in 10 minutes

I'm tired of racist ex-politician criminals getting to adress audiences, while on the lam...

I'm tired of a bunch of burned out, old, drunk perverts explaining to me, how they are doing a public service by sleeping with 18 year old school girls. (I guess it has never occured to them, that you can help somebody financially, without sexually exploiting them)

I'm tired of bankers telling my friends that they need to buy insurance from them or make large deposits, before they can enjoy the privillege of paying 600 Baht a year for a safety deposit box

I'm tired of Grammar teachers at NES English school, who proudly display their Masters Degree earned in the US, filling my Thai daugher with Bulls@#t and inaccuracies.

I'm tired of people worshipping money, waiing and bowing to rich A$H&%$ (poor hardworking farmers almost crawling on the floor in front of these rich, ruthless bastards)

I'm tired of rude foreigners using this country as their playground, with no respect for local customs.

I'm tired of village idiots waking me up over the village speakers in the morning

and...

I miss the clean water

I miss having electricity all the time and highspeed ADSL that gives me high speed all the time

I miss having real friends, people I don't have to think about weather or not they want something from me

I miss my hottub

I miss being politically involved in my country without having to worry about getting deported

I miss my old motorhome

I miss seeing wildlife (and I don't mean in the local frying pan), such as Deer, Elk, Moose, Beaver, Grizzlies and Black Bears....

I miss parking my motorhome for 8 months, turning the key and it starting right away

I miss Wild Salmon

I miss the local pub

I miss real music

I miss Western appliances at decent prices...a good coffee machine, washing machines and dryers, a comfortable bed, good tools

Since my wife and daughter are Thai, we might very well move back here one day, but not for a while, I think.

Cheers

You make a good case. I would rather be in Canada too by the sounds of it.

A well reasoned post. Don't entirely agree but forums are for expressing diffeent views. Why can't all posters think clearly before they post instead of resorting to flaming when they don't get their own way.

Good post...

Isn't that the place where it rains 11 months a year? Don't get me wrong, Canada must be beautiful, one of the most favourite countries to live.

Sitting in a hut on Vancouver Island, relaxing, breathing the fresh air and dreaming, sighing and dreaming. Suddenly Thailand is not that bad.

FYI: The last spurt of troll droppings by Senor Caf has inspired me to put him on total ignore, so don't expect any pithy replies. Cheers!

you love abuse, don't you?

constructive posts not your forte?

oh of course, we have to agree with you, my mistake

let me remind everyone now to not make this a personal crusade against each other ok? :o

either of you can choose to ignore the other anytime

but no personal abuse of any sort..either publicly or through PM.

cheers

I am from Oz, and I miss it too. I miss everything, and I mean everything, clean water, fresh air, beautiful scenery.... just driving along can be heaven.... in a car you can buy for 20000b and it just keeps on going.

.... except the attitudes... particularly 'tall poppy syndrome' and the general abusiveness.... kind of like some posts on this thread!

Good post...

Why am I moving back?

I'm tired of people worshipping money, waiing and bowing to rich A$H&%$ (poor hardworking farmers almost crawling on the floor in front of these rich, ruthless bastards)

and...

I miss the clean water

I miss my hottub

I miss my old motorhome

I miss Wild Salmon

I miss the local pub

I miss real music

Cheers

I agree with it all (except the leaving part) but you will have to adjust some of your Canadian prices up a notch, times are changin.

And wait till you see the environmental charge they tack on to anything inorganic. What a scam

Edited by canuckamuck

Good post...

Why am I moving back?

and...

I miss the clean water

I miss my hottub

I miss my old motorhome

I miss Wild Salmon

I miss the local pub

I miss real music

Cheers

one of your points applies to many schools here with western "english" teachers

"'m tired of Grammar teachers at NES English school, who proudly display their Masters Degree earned in the US, filling my Thai daugher with Bulls@#t and inaccuracies."

not only nes, not only us teachers, not only masters graduates

as i have, you have no doubt had to correct howlers such as " The Thai's enjoy eating food when its not to hot and they like it's flavour"

History - The USA doesn't have any, unless you count exterminating the Indians,

You are one to talk. The Scottish have a long, illustrious history of being subjugated by the English to boast about - they still don't rule their own country. :o

<deleted>. The Scots were bought off to unite with England after the country became bankrupt. Most of the battles they lost in their fights with the English were due to their stupidity and incompetence and backing the wrong people (eg. Culloden), and they lost far more people from fighting with each other than with the English. If they don't rule their own country then what is their parliament doing? Time and time again they've rejected total independence - they know they are subsidised enormously by the English tax payer and the MPs have voting powers in the English parliament but not the reverse. So you could say the English are being subjugated, especially considering the disproportionate power wielded by the Scots in the English parliament. Don't mouth such inanities.

Many of us whinge about life in Thailand, but things are not so good all over, and I think most of us would rather stay here rather than move back to our home countries. How about it?

Some poll details:

-- people with unusual life histories, never lived in home country, having no nationality, having ten passports, extraterestial beings, etc. all not covered

-- I thought of adding the option "I am a wanted criminal in my home country" but thought the better of it because such people will tend to be paranoid, and with good reason

i extremely do not want to move back

I'm in Thailand , havin a break , stop twisting my words ..... i said more accessible . not easily

I'm in Thailand , havin a break , stop twisting my words ..... i implied its more accessible . not easily

Okay, I'm sure you need to come to Thailand to get away from that hel_l hole country of yours, I'll try not to twist your words, I don't understand how you said it is "more accessible" and implied it is more accessible.

Enjoy your break, hel_l can wait :D

its simple .........the UK is smaller than Oz

if you lived in the middle of England you are still only 1 hour away from the sea ( coast )

if you lived in the the middle of Oz you proberley 12 hours away from the sea ( coast )

lets not forget , the uk has good roads, that take you all over the country very easily hence its more accessible

i think you've had one Chang to many !!!

why do you keep going on about the coast line .......oh i know ..... its because thats Australia main (only ) attraction , that and a big rock !!! :D

Aussies get homesick in the Uk - they miss all the prisons! :o

I feel very lucky to be an Australian citizen.

I was living in Dubai recently and late last year the financial slowdown really started to kick into the expat population. The Brits where absolutely terrified of the thought of having to go back to pommy land. I was really suprised at how scared they were!

When I am living in another country and it's time to go home I think about what the worst can happen. Like...

Live back on the Gold Coast

Go surfing and fishing everyday

Go on the dole for a while untill I got a job (with a wife and kid it's more than enough to live a comfortable life) :D

Perfect weather, wide open spaces....

The Brits on the other hand. :o

I would bet a pound to a penny that everyone of them that voted "extremely would'nt go back" or "I'd rather die than go back" are English.

Poor buggers, they even feel a shack in the back of Issan is better than where they come from. :D

Yep...it's good to be Aussie. :D

Your right there, Australia is such a wonderful country with according to you all the best social benefits it's therefore very surprising that so many of you choose to live in England and even more surprising that they live here in Thailand.

At least the English have a history of travelling and then returning home, I wonder why we didn't stay in Oz???????

Some poll details:

unfair! :o

Well I guess I have more of an aversion to moving to a western country than I do my 'home' country. Being originally from the UK but I also have a fully migrant visa for Oz also and I have no desire to move to either!

If I move from Laos the most likely place will be Singapore both myself and wife like it and it has high standards of pretty much everything. More than anything the reason I would move is for my son and his schooling - sure it means I'd have to do some real work again but that ain't the end of the world! :o