Tourist Visa (q)

Hi.

I plan to visit Bkk in April for 6 month.

I will try to get a multiple entry Tourist Visa in NYC before I leave.

I will have a quick 4 day excursion to Phnom Penh leaving 7 hours after arriving in Bkk airport.

I will remain in the bkk airport for 7 hours then leave for PP at 7:00am via Bangkok air.

(Q) Will my tourist visa still be valid when I return to Bangkok after my 4 day PP visit?

Thank.

TC2.

Yes, you don't move into Thailand resp. not through immigration but stay in the transit area.

Follow the signs for TRANSIT. You first have to get to a transfer counter to get your boarding pass, although I do not know when they open.

Should you come and go on with TG you might get the boarding pass in NYC, already.

Yes, you don't move into Thailand resp. not through immigration but stay in the transit area.

Follow the signs for TRANSIT. You first have to get to a transfer counter to get your boarding pass, although I do not know when they open.

Should you come and go on with TG you might get the boarding pass in NYC, already.

Thanks Axel for your reply.

My only concern with going straght to transit is my luggage leaving from NY to Bkk on Korean air. I will need to pickup my luggage at the terminal and carry it to the Bangkok Air terminal for my morning flight to PP. To do this I assume I need to go through immigration.

tomx2, now I am not 100% sure, but should be possible to check your luggage through as arrival and dept. is on same day.

KE arrives terminal 1, PG leave from same.

Check with KE, they should have an interline agreement and your luggage checked as

PNH via ICN via BKK, final dest. PNH (PP)

Both in ICN and BKK the luggage handlers than will transfer to the connecting flight.

While getting the onward boarding pass in BKK transfer show your luggage tag(s)

so PG can make sure your bag(s) are on the flight.

this is a tricky one cause when you go thru immi, your visa get activated. I've been in this situation before and transit didnt work as i needed to go thru immi to buy my onward tick

We believe he has a ticket on Bangkok Air and so will be checked through to PP when he boards in NYC. You had to buy ticket but could have done as below.

If airline refuse to check baggage through you should ask immigration to allow 30 day entry rather than use tourist visa explaining you depart in a few hours and only have to get bag and check in for another international flight. They may be able to do this for you. If not you can, after check-in for Bangkok Air flight go upstairs and obtain a re-entry permit. You will need 4x6 cm photos and 1,000 baht fee. This will allow you to depart and return for the rest of your 60 day tourist visa stay stamp.