Thai Wife And Child

I'm presently living in the UK with my wife and have lost touch with the latest visa info. Is there any advantage to be gained in having a Thai partner (and dependent) when applying for a long term visa for Thailand? I have heard friends speak of a 'marriage visa' but think they are mis-informed.

Thanks.

I'm presently living in the UK with my wife and have lost touch with the latest visa info. Is there any advantage to be gained in having a Thai partner (and dependent) when applying for a long term visa for Thailand? I have heard friends speak of a 'marriage visa' but think they are mis-informed.

Thanks.

Being in the UK and being able to apply for a Non O Imm Visa Multi Entry from Hull is pretty easy anyway, but generally it will help anyone wanting the above Visa.

Being married to a Thai will enable you to apply for 12 month extensions of stay from Thai Immigration.

The Extension requirements.

2.18 In the case of a family

member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child

of his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Thanks.

Being in the UK and being able to apply for a Non O Imm Visa Multi Entry from Hull is pretty easy anyway, but generally it will help anyone wanting the above Visa.

Being married to a Thai will enable you to apply for 12 month extensions of stay from Thai Immigration.

member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child

of his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

But an extension by marriage visa is not a walk in the park, search the board for the apparently ridiculous 'extra' requirements various Thai immigration demand on a whim, bit like getting a Visa for a Thai person at UK Embassy.

Thanks.

of his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

But an extension by marriage visa is not a walk in the park, search the board for the apparently ridiculous 'extra' requirements various Thai immigration demand on a whim, bit like getting a Visa for a Thai person at UK Embassy.

An honest common sense approach SB

Just clicked your monicker instead of the post in case your wondering why i visited your site, wonder how many others do this from time to time ?

Thank you

Edited by sheff_mick