Ubonjoe

As some of you may have noticed, supermod UbonJoe has not been online for some time now. We haven't been able to get in touch with him either by phone or email and are getting a bit worried as he is normally online and in touch. If any of you know UbonJoe personally, I would appreciate you emailing support (at) thaivisa.com with any information. We don't need details, just need to know he's ok. He is located outside the main town of Ubon Ratchathani.

Would it be possible to do any active research?

There must be other posters living in that area, and would it be possible to link an IP address to a telephone number and thus to a home address?

Just thinking out aloud, and maybe what I suggest is impossible, I am not a technical highlight.

we are trying various ways to locate him

but in case someone has any info do feel free to contact one of the MODs via PM, or email to support[at]thaivisa.com

we will ensure privacy is maintained.

As some of you may have noticed, supermod UbonJoe has not been online for some time now. We haven't been able to get in touch with him either by phone or email and are getting a bit worried as he is normally online and in touch. If any of you know UbonJoe personally, I would appreciate you emailing support (at) thaivisa.com with any information. We don't need details, just need to know he's ok. He is located outside the main town of Ubon Ratchathani.

*Bump* Any word? I see it's been over a month since he was online.

I also see that he's no longer a supermod.

Well I hope hes okay, hopefully it is only a crashed computer.

We need to have a 'buddy' system here at Thai Visa where at least one other regular poster knows your real you contact details, so if you go toes up, at least you can have RIP recorded against your nic name, as well as not leave others guessing what happened to you.

Of course, this should only apply, where you are a important poster, like Ubonjoe & myself :o

Well I hope hes okay, hopefully it is only a crashed computer.

We need to have a 'buddy' system here at Thai Visa where at least one other regular poster knows your real you contact details, so if you go toes up, at least you can have RIP recorded against your nic name, as well as not leave others guessing what happened to you.

Of course, this should only apply, where you are a important poster, like Ubonjoe & myself :o

Fine,neverdie,send me the info,I'll be happy to inform Thaivisa of your demise! :D

I'll expect the same from you! :D

we are trying various ways to locate him

but in case someone has any info do feel free to contact one of the MODs via PM, or email to support[at]thaivisa.com

we will ensure privacy is maintained.

Any results yet, and has anything been done really?

Could be a good testcase to find out if an online community can function as a real community, people being concerned about each other.

If I remember correctly, Ubonjoe is/was staying on visa extensions based on being married or being retired, so then Immigration in Ubon Ratchatani should have his home address.

I am sure you guys are doing everything you can do, just keep us posted.

has anyone who looks after thai visa been able to locate any members who live in ubon ratchathani who maybe able to find out where ubonjoe lives?

We are working on that approach.

Anyone in that area who can help please contact a moderator.

I don't believe Embassy (if we even know nationality) would have a record under that pen name. It seems nobody knows him personally so there is really nothing more that can be done without suspicion of foul play (where IP address might be a lead for police). He may just be taking a break, as I have done in the past - or it may be more serious. But there is a fine line between concern and invasion of privacy. Believe we can best extend our concerns and best wishes at this point - as posting in this thread will do - and hope that he or someone will be able to respond at some point.

But there is a fine line between concern and invasion of privacy.

surely thai visa must have an e-mail address or mobile phone number for their moderators , if he isnt responding to e-mails or phone calls then i would think concern outweighs privacy

But there is a fine line between concern and invasion of privacy.

surely thai visa must have an e-mail address or mobile phone number for their moderators , if he isnt responding to e-mails or phone calls then i would think concern outweighs privacy

Some mods and admin are on the case.