Holiday Away From Pattaya

rocky123

Before you start flaming me, I know how good Pattaya is I just want a break after 4 years living here. Any sensible sugestions guys for a weeks R&R. Done AC already. Want to leave Mon, Many Thanks.

What about Australia or Dubai

Anyone been to Bali. Whats it like, weather, food night life, girls.

I went to Bali about 5 years ago and was really disappointed with it. Couldn't work out what the attraction is - unless you are staying at one of the 5 star resorts that take care of all your needs (I'm too tight to do that).

Kuta was like an Aussie version of Benidorm. How many surf shops can you get in one resort ?!

Maybe its just me - but i won't be going back.

Bali is predominantly MUSLIM... meaning not many local girls available.. but to be fair the night life is not bad in Kuta, plenty to drink, food not bad, but all in all, not really worth it unless you are taking a girl friend with you.

Bali is predominantly MUSLIM... meaning not many local girls available.. but to be fair the night life is not bad in Kuta, plenty to drink, food not bad, but all in all, not really worth it unless you are taking a girl friend with you.

Bali is predominantly HINDU

Stay away from Kuta and the rest of the island is beautiful.

If the OP is looking for somewhere like Pattaya or Angeles City, then somewhere else in the PI may suffice.

Hanoi is OK but the red-light areas that serve that city are mostly all down on the coast, out of sight, out of mind.

Vung Tau is getting 'wilder' and that's only a couple of hours from Saigon on the hydrofoil. There's also some quite scandalous places in Saigon too but can be a bit of a rip-off if you don't take your time.

If the OP is looking for somewhere like Pattaya or Angeles City, then somewhere else in the PI may suffice.

Hanoi is OK but the red-light areas that serve that city are mostly all down on the coast, out of sight, out of mind.

Vung Tau is getting 'wilder' and that's only a couple of hours from Saigon on the hydrofoil. There's also some quite scandalous places in Saigon too but can be a bit of a rip-off if you don't take your time.

You need to get to know your way around Ha Noi a lot better.

You need to get to know your way around Ha Noi a lot better.

Maybe I don't but perhaps you can enlighten the OP.

I am booking Honoi and the other places around there sound great, thanks for you help.

Make sure you go to Ha Long Bay.

What's there?

^ No Starbucks, no Indian tailors, no freelancers... not much better than Pattaya at all. Plus it made a lousy typhoon shelter a few years back.

Anyway OP, don't spin your wheels in Hanoi, head down past Haiphong to Do So'n. You'll thank me for it.

Edited by NanLaew

Sounds like you never really did get to know Ha Noi properly.

There's more girls in 1 street in Doi Gan than in all of Do Son and it's only a 10 minute taxi ride from Huan Kiem Lake. Not to mention another half dozen areas, or just getting a haircut!

It's like saying there's no bars in Bangkok and you must go to Pattaya, and believe it or not there are some people who don't know where Patpong, Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy are. But yes, if you don't know Ha Noi then Do Son is pretty good.

Edited by PattayaParent

Stay away from Kuta and the rest of the island is beautiful.

Bingo. Don't waste a single night in Kuta.

Sanur, Lovina, Ubod and every other little place you can find OUTSIDE of Kuta is where to be. Bali is BEAUTIFUL, you just have to drive around to see it. We usually rent bikes and drive around the entire island, stopping as we see fit.

If you are looking for girls, as it sounds like you may be, try Shengen, China or Cebu, Philippines. Jakarta, Indonesia as well as Hong Kong, <snip> Phenom Phen, Cambodia or even KL... it's everywhere mate, you just have to track it down.

Edited by soundman
Removed comments on prostitution.