Retirement Visa, 90 Day Reporting Question

MMM

if that was the case and i was up north or east or west and i have my mutli re-entry permit, it would be cheaper to pop over a border.

Pretty stupid regulation

but as with most things in thailand .. they dont really think things thru.

To be honest , in my case it would be cheaper to forget it and just pay the 2,000 Baht fine every year.

unless they also charge ya a 200 baht/day!!!

Section 76 : Any alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

I recently had my car in Cambodia and was told that a thai registered car can only be out of Thailand at the most 1 month or they would charge ya 100 baht /day when u brought it back.

I kept mine for 8 months in Camboda and when i brought it back all he said was, "" u stay long time out of thailand, next time only 1 month OK"

So basically the way i see it is like in Pirates of the Caribean and the pirate codes , they are only guidelines and it always up to the descretion of the officier.

Hi All,

Nothing necessarily constructive to add by any means but this was a great help considering it was the exact question on my mind. I arrive/depart frequently and will apply for the O-Visa 365 day extension next time I arrive; however, I was concerned about the reporting requirements every 90 days. I'm glad to see the clock starts/stops (as it should) upon return/departure.

ThaiVisa and its members continue to be the Guru keeping me sane! Thank you everyone.