Uk Statutory Declaration

I am trying to sell my house in the UK and have now been informed by solicitors that the buyer requires me to obtain an indemnity policy for access to the garage (through a private estate). To obtain this policy I have to swear a Statutory Declaration.

Can I do this in Thailand, If so is the British embassy the only place it can get done or can other lawyers do it for me???

Has anybody any experience of this?

Thanks

NFI Mate.

I'd start at the British Embassy Consular Department. In my experience they are pretty good at answering emails :o

You may score by getting your UK solicitor to draw up the document so you can print it here and go to one of the Notary Public chaps to witness it.

Edited by Crossy

Thanks for the replies. I have now checked with the Brit embassy here and they can do it for 2600 baht and next day pick-up (why I do not know).

I am still not clear whether a Thai 'notary' can perform this service or not because I was under the impression that Thailand does not have notary system.

Anyway I will support the British Embassy as that's what they're here for right?