10,000 Police, Soldiers, Security Officials Deployed To Keep Security At Government House

george

Hmmm...maybe they should change from Red to Brown shirts, since Thaksin seems to want to play his game by Hitler's Playbook?

How does Thaksin have anything to do with Hitler? The closest thing I can imagine is the brown-shirted police, but they were against Thaksin in the last coup if I remember right?

The funny thing is that PAD is now turning against Abhisit, the very chipmunk they brought to power, and have announced that they will form their own political party in May. We may soon have PAD and UDD demonstrating together for Abhisit to go.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm...maybe they should change from Red to Brown shirts, since Thaksin seems to want to play his game by Hitler's Playbook?

Well Thaksin can not be compared with Hitler nor with Lenin.

He is just another corrupt politician if you want to compare with any Austrians than better with Sinowatz.

What a chaos. Thailand deserves 5 yrs military government to calm down things and let people work quietly. The behavior of Thaksin is outrageous.

Whatever option exists, all options are bad for Thailand's image and economy....

Reality check: We're now in the midst of a global economic crisis and more pressing issues confront Thailand than Reds/Yellows/Blues or hues (leaving most in the majority completely fed up)

Personally, I wish all protests would end and Thailand is 'permitted' to get back on her feet. THEN general elections can be called. Now is not the time for dissolving the Govt and in effect wasting 3 critical months (in the midst of an economic crisis) simply to satisfy Mr Thaksin's/Red's demands.

However, Mr Thaksin WILL NOT STOP. Global crisis or not, HIS needs are apparently FAR more important and pressing than Thailand's (as always some might say)

In fact, it's to his complete advantage to create further chaos, therefore driving Thailand further in the muck, thus (he hopes) closer to his frozen 76 billion, freedom and a three-peat as PM (probably to be extended via a Chavez-esque constitution change, si?)

Until Dr Thaksin says so (or goes broke, or 'wins'- by destroying Thailand from within or without), it isn't going be over. A further push to try and stir up all out civil war is probably not out of the question for Dr T's purposes (a jaded ploy with a very remote possibility of 'success' thankfully).

Regardless, now is NOT the time to call elections and essentially have a rudderless Govt for 3 months in the middle of the largest global crisis since 1929. Meanwhile, Mr Thaksin aka 'THE victim' may have to wait for his form of 'justice' (or return and seek it).

Bottom line, as long as Dr Thaksin is out of pocket 76 billion baht and lusts for a return to power (along with complete exoneration) it appears Thailand's needs will just have to wait. :o

Excellent, Khun baht&sold!! You have said it brilliantly.

If the Abhisit government seized 76 billion Baht from Thaksin, what are they doing borrowing money from the International Monetary Fund? Why not use this money, or Thailand's own reserves to get the economy on its feet again? By borrowing they will have to end up paying it back from the reserves anyways, not to mention the interest.

If the Abhisit government seized 76 billion Baht from Thaksin, what are they doing borrowing money from the International Monetary Fund? Why not use this money, or Thailand's own reserves to get the economy on its feet again? By borrowing they will have to end up paying it back from the reserves anyways, not to mention the interest.

If someone seize the money, it is for themselves, not for the country. The country have to borrow anyway.

What Fascists "look like"? Don't judge the content of a package by its appearance. Just because PAD has long hair compared to the stereotype of the shaven skinhead does not mean that they are any less fascist (and that stereotype isn not even true in Europe - many skinheads are actually leftists, and the Neonazi black block looks exactly the same as the radical left - long hair, black dress, etc.)

I would like to ask you kindly stop to write nonsense, you are making a fool of yourself.

Checked by police on the way to Bangkok to protest with the reds

P1020902.jpg

I don't understand what you like to prove. Traffic control checkpoints like this are very common all over Thailand for many years.

If you drive from Chiang Rai to Uttaradit or Lampang almost every 20K. Nothing to do with controlling red shirts.

I think you start to suffer from paranoia.

Edited by henryalleman

A container in a klong and a bulldozer. Fascinating. Are you going for the Turner prize here, Koo?

Thank you very much, Insight.

I gained "something" from reading this thread and that was learning about the Turner Prize after you mentioned it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turner_Prize

Good to the see the entire thread is not a waste of time. :o

How does Thaksin have anything to do with Hitler? The closest thing I can imagine is the brown-shirted police, but they were against Thaksin in the last coup if I remember right?

The funny thing is that PAD is now turning against Abhisit, the very chipmunk they brought to power, and have announced that they will form their own political party in May. We may soon have PAD and UDD demonstrating together for Abhisit to go.

Actually Thaksin bears quite a bit of resemblance to Hitler in several ways: i.e. the way he formed an ultra-nationalist party (TRT); the way he formed a cult around his own personality; the way he controlled the media; the way he destroyed dissenting voices; the way he persecuted minorities and "othered" people (such as the Yawi people of Southern Thailand); the way he formed alliances with despotic regimes such as the Burmese military junta; the way he used an oratory style akin to Hitler; and a dozen other Hitlerite tendencies I could mention.

Yes, he was a mini-Hitler in his own way, but luckily was not allowed to promulgate the "final solution" in the end, thanks to a military coup and some active watchdogging by PAD and civil society. I'd hate to think what Thailand might have turned out like, had Thaksin been allowed to have his way with the country he bought. :o

post-2120-1238455060_thumb.jpg

For those that are out of the loop with news, the money has not been seized, only frozen, and thus un-spendable.

Edited by sriracha john

What Fascists "look like"? Don't judge the content of a package by its appearance. Just because PAD has long hair compared to the stereotype of the shaven skinhead does not mean that they are any less fascist (and that stereotype isn not even true in Europe - many skinheads are actually leftists, and the Neonazi black block looks exactly the same as the radical left - long hair, black dress, etc.)

I would like to ask you kindly stop to write nonsense, you are making a fool of yourself.

:o

actually, between Insight and Henry, this thread is getting better all the time.

Edited by sriracha john

For those that are out of the loop with news, the money has not been seized, only frozen, and thus un-spendable.

I wish Abhisit would spend it on compensation for the innocent victims of Thaksin's War Against Drugs campaign and social security payment to the poorest people in the country who never saw a satang of the Toxsin populist vote-buying gimmicks such as million baht per village and 30 baht health care project disasters. Then Frank could feel satisfied that he was finally helping some of Thailand's poorest, rather than cynically rogering them ragged for every vote/baht he can screw out of 'em. :o

The reds brought in 2 yellow cranes to lift containers.

Why didn't they use police trucks and containers to block yellows? Why did they allow yellows to occupy Government House for 3 months and 2 airports for a week?

Is it clear now who and who is in the same gang trying to knock PM coming from election?

P1020953.jpg

P1020958.jpg

You should ask the cronies from Thaksin who where the government that moment. Maybe they could not contact them because the hide themselves like chickens in Chiang Mai.

No, no not Herr Adolf. Its was Mussolini who did like that with his march to Rome in 1922.

Napoleon did it also when he escaped from Elba, he was defeated at Waterloo, and was send to St; Helena, so Thaksin look this example very carefully.

I heard from a regular tv channel (I think it was TNN. I was in the kitchen) that tomorrow morning Abhisit will go to GH. The reds said they will hear news around 3am to 8am and will wake up and run immediately to stop Abhisit.

Khun Thaksin has just finished the video link. He said if Army uses violence to the reds when the reds do not break law and have no weapons, he will be in Thailand and will lead the reds in provinces to enter Bangkok right away.

He said Kasit will take back his passport.

Koo, if this information is correct, than Thaksin is committing an act of High treason. proclaiming an civil-war from a foreign country could lead to capital punishment. I wonder how his host country think of that.

This is the end of thaksin, he must be realy desperate to proclaim such idioty.

Actually Thaksin bears quite a bit of resemblance to Hitler in several ways: i.e. the way he formed an ultra-nationalist party (TRT); the way he formed a cult around his own personality; the way he controlled the media; the way he destroyed dissenting voices; the way he persecuted minorities and "othered" people (such as the Yawi people of Southern Thailand); the way he formed alliances with despotic regimes such as the Burmese military junta; the way he used an oratory style akin to Hitler; and a dozen other Hitlerite tendencies I could mention.

Yes, he was a mini-Hitler in his own way, but luckily was not allowed to promulgate the "final solution" in the end, thanks to a military coup and some active watchdogging by PAD and civil society. I'd hate to think what Thailand might have turned out like, had Thaksin been allowed to have his way with the country he bought. :o

IMHO he is more like Musolini, he have the same big mouth.

Thing came back to normal around 13:30. The alert this morning was the preparation for Suthep to go into GH.

Khun Chad Kunladilok, Former Supreme Commander, Central Inquiry Dept, was on the red stage just now. He said police and soldiers should know that the reds are not enemy. They are here with no weapon to call for democracy. This is not a fighting place.

P1040032.jpg

You don't know much, do you Koo?

This retired policeman was one of Thaksin's trusted minions when Thaksin was in power. Being vindictive, whenever Thaksin was criticised by someone, he would instruct those under him to try to find any dirt possible on his critic, so when Jurin Laksawisit criticised Thaksin a few years ago Chad tried to link Jurin to a export rubber scandal from the mid 90s, in spite of Jurin having already been cleared by an investigation committee.

Chad ploughed ahead, announcing to the media he was investigating Jurin, and of course nothing was found so Chad now faces a counter suit for defamation. No doubt he's hoping Thaksin will pay the damages asked for.

The police should serve the people, not unpleasant meglomaniacs like Thaksin.

I heard from a regular tv channel (I think it was TNN. I was in the kitchen) that tomorrow morning Abhisit will go to GH. The reds said they will hear news around 3am to 8am and will wake up and run immediately to stop Abhisit.

Khun Thaksin has just finished the video link. He said if Army uses violence to the reds when the reds do not break law and have no weapons, he will be in Thailand and will lead the reds in provinces to enter Bangkok right away.

He said Kasit will take back his passport.

Koo, if this information is correct, than Thaksin is committing an act of High treason. proclaiming an civil-war from a foreign country could lead to capital punishment. I wonder how his host country think of that.

This is the end of thaksin, he must be realy desperate to proclaim such idioty.

I would agree.

Whatever one thinks of Thaksin, the sight of a former-PM calling for a coup or civil-war on the streets of his homeland is a sign of extreme desperation or mental-illness, and I would have thought it unlikely to help his repeated-demands for a pardon. :o

He has attacked Prem and the Privy Council before, look where that led, now he repeats the failed strategy. He simply fails to learn from experience. Not the sort of person who should be running the country, or indeed anything else, in the midst of a global economic crisis, when the country has more important things to worry about. :D

There's little the Government can do proactively vis a vis the Global credit crisis, the Thai banks are in fair shape and the country is not at the centre of the storm as it was in 1997/98.

So having an election is not going to be much of an impediment - in fact it could get some money flowing around the economy.

Of course, it would mean that Abhisit has to temporarily stop flitting around the world in his role as polished frontman at international political gatherings - and face up to the internal divisions in his country, instead of shrugging them off.

Having elections means suspending govt policies for about six months and then starting some other "emergency" solutions.

Besides, it's silly to believe reds calls for elections when they have repeatedly obstructed rival parties campaigning, dispersing Democrat rallies and attacking Democrat politicians.

They have no idea how to participate in democratic elections whatsoever and shouldn't be indulged until they change their ways, or it would simply reenforce the idea that shutting down opposing voices by force is part of democracy.

<Bursts into Song>

Who do you think you are kidding Mr. Thaksin?

If you think we're on the run,

We are the boys who will stop your little game.

We are the boys who will make you think again.

'Cus who do you think you are kidding Mr. Thaksin?

If you think old Thailand's done?

Mr. Somchai goes off to town

On the 8:21.

But he comes home each evening

And he's ready with his gun.

So watch out Mr. Thaksin

You have met your match in us.

If you think you can push us

We're afraid you've missed the bus.

so who do you think you are kidding Mr. Thaksin?

If you think old Thailand's done.

<Loud applause>

Sorry, slow morning :o

:D

actually, between Insight and Henry, this thread is getting better all the time.

No wonder such comments of "Insight" and "Henry" appeal to you - the intellectual level of this debate has now successfully been brought down to a beer hall slugfest. :o

Having elections means suspending govt policies for about six months and then starting some other "emergency" solutions.

Besides, it's silly to believe reds calls for elections when they have repeatedly obstructed rival parties campaigning, dispersing Democrat rallies and attacking Democrat politicians.

They have no idea how to participate in democratic elections whatsoever and shouldn't be indulged until they change their ways, or it would simply reenforce the idea that shutting down opposing voices by force is part of democracy.

Yes, right, we should get rid of these stupid elections, they just disturb the business of running the country.

<Bursts into Song>

So watch out Mr. Thaksin

<Loud applause>

Very good, but the first line of the second verse doesn't scan.

The theme for Dad's Army was originally written by Jim Morrison.

<Bursts into Song>

So watch out Mr. Thaksin

<Loud applause>

Nice touch.

On a slightly more serious note, are the numbers of people protesting in Bangkok growing?

No wonder such comments of "Insight" and "Henry" appeal to you - the intellectual level of this debate has now successfully been brought down to a beer hall slugfest. :o

I don't think the charm of Thai Visa is its intellectual content (more or less non existent), more its liveliness and high spirits and occasional illuminating observation.Clearly there are more than a few that drone on endlessly with their particular obsessions, some appearing to do little else with their lives.My rule of thumb is that the more frequent a poster the less real light he sheds on the discussion, not necessarily because what is said is wrongheaded but because we have heard it all before -sometimes to a mindnumbing degree.

Turning to the thread in hand, one amusing irony is that the arguments being put forward against the red terror are beginning to sound curiously similar to the arguments put forward a few months ago against their yellow equivalents.

Excuse my hung-over memory, but believe the one of the first punches was thrown at the mention of a "cold civil war"...?