No Work Permit...need Help

Dear All,

i am new to this forum,and i am glad that i could get alot of information here,

On behalf of a friend we would like to ask a Question which we are very much needed on this,

My friend have formed up a co, Ltd company in Thailand dealing in Software thru a Thai Lawyer which was introduce by a friend...Well its been 6 month already that he have not been permited a Work Permit. accoeding to him 49% of the share goes to him and the other 51% to his Thai shareholder...

The problem is that the lawyer keep on asking him to show them 2million baht in cash or in the bank account and also to employ 4 working staff so that he could be granted a work permit if not it will not be done....The company formation have been set up but no work pernit is done...so this really annoys my friend..

he have not spoken to anyone but only me....HE is also worried about his investment that is being handled by that Thai lawyers..And also according to him during the process of the company registration and all he did not even go to the lawyer office but the lawyer itself goes meet him somewhere...

Can this Thai Law firm be Trusted???

Can my friend change lawyer to do the JOB???

another info he already got his Tax ID and all but no work permit..and also the lawyer told him if he wanted to get a NON B VISA he should show 2 million baht...

I told him this is Bullshit,some of my friend who set up a company did not even have 2million baht they only have 60% of the capital and still they get a work permit and a VISA...And its all up to the lawyers to deal with the Immigration officer to get u a WP...

SO please help us..I also have suggested to him to go oevr to Indo siam or Sulbelt Asia for help...

bythe way he is a Malaysian and have no bad records in Thailand..Well we can say he is a NEW KID ON THE BLOCK

The lawyer is wrong. As long as the company has 2,000,000 baht REGISTERED capital, your friend can get a work permit - no Thai employees needed.

But - the work permit will only be valid for as long as your friend's entry permit is valid. Your friend will have to make a vsia run every 90 days, and then revalidate his worek permit for another 90 days.

The requirement to PAY IN 2,000,000 baht, and to have four Thai employees - these are both Immigration requirements for an entry permit extension based on qualifying employment for a qualifying employer. These requirements have nothing to do with getting a work permit.

If your friend is located in Bangkok, my company would be happy to help him get a work permit - it should take less than two weeks, if all his documents are in order. Yoiu also might want to suggest to him that he dump his clueless lawyer.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Dear Steve,

Indo Siam

Thank You for you fast respond..

how can i contact you directly do u have a cell phone???I would like my friend to contact you directly...anyway my name is JOE....

My friend ask me if he could chage the name of the Thai Sharholder in his company as he do not feels secure about this...I think his Local thai firm is very clueless about all this...maybe they do not have the experience handling in foreighner assets...Well yeah my friend is now in Bangkok,He's Visa is over and now he's been up and nownfrom KL to bangkok everymonth due to no VIsa and work permit..please email me your number at [email protected] for privacy

its urgent