Bargainhunting

chico

me and the wife have got a routine...if I see something I want to buy I give her the high sign and she goes in and does the haggling.

I've tried haggling myself but in a number of occasions the shop owner will produce his lovely 18 year old daughter to negotiate the price and then all is lost...

Been in this situation myself.All I can say is something like..."can I pay double please" :o

since many of the recent posts to "access fees" have been strolling of in this direction, why not talk straight about it?

do you look to get a better deal, or do you just always pay the asking price?

is it fair, to get better deals, who probably will have to be (inknowingly) paid for by others?

or is this discrimination and taking advantage of those who do not want or cannot get better deals? :o

I am no stranger to bargining,as I owned a Thai Store in UK and of course bought from Thailand. After many experiences I can now say that when I approach a street vendor,he says his price and I say mine,we both know what the end result is going to be. Just remember all you bargin hunters,don't think that because you give the seller a ridiculous price he will be offended. He will probably be more offended if you don't try it on with him. Be sure he will try it on with you.