Can A Farang Woman Find Romance/love In Bkk?

selftaopath

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess most straight men in Thailand would be open to meeting and engaging in relationships with Western Women, but several factors inhibit this from happening.

A) A lot of Western Women in Thailand are not attractive to the men here. I don't know the specific reasons why, but it is something that most men will agree with; most of the time a man sees a western women in thailand that does not currently have a family/husband, or is not a eastern euro model, she is not attractive to him. And vice versa.

B ) The Unapproachability issue. Many men in Bangkok won't initiate a conversation with a WW because of several reason and the WW won't because of some as well. 1) He often assumes an "obviously" straight western woman has a family/husband here 2) if she isn't "obviously" straight, his lesbian paranoia kicks in and he reasons that she may be lesbian. 3) His guilt about being a male in Bangkok (even if it is for good intentions) transforms the WW in his head as a motherly scolding figure which is not attractive 4) She may not initiate because she feels unattractive, or too chubby compared to the Thai girls 5) She assumes he has a girlfriend/wife already 6) he is too unattractive 7) she thinks he's a sexpat bastard

C) Paranoia about cheating. She may wonder if he really goes to Health Land like he says. He may wonder if her tennis coach is really gay like she swears he is.

D) "So..how long you plan on being in Thailand?" Tough having a relationship with a time-frame.

E) baggage. There are some crazy bastards here (male and female) with backgrounds that would make you question your safety

funny you should mention baggage, i became convinced you yourself were pretty heavily laden by the time i got through B.

Got me!

Can a farang/ Western woman find a loving, reciprocating relationship in Bangkok? Recently someone was suggesting that BKK/Thailand is "all about men." Women from "the West" are undoubtdely not even noticed and their changes of finding a romantic heterosexual relationship in BKK is slim to none. Unfortunately I had to agree. I'm hoping that your experience/suggestions might help women from the West.

I dont think the chances are slimmer than in anywhere else in the world but only possible without preconceptions.

I also want to comment on BKK/Thailand being 'all about men' and I dont think anybody can deny this , but not only thailand... Most of the places in the world are 'all about men' ( does not have to be necessarily 'all' but 'about men' at the end ).. Some of the members were talking about 'ladies in thailand' forum and I could not see any 'Men in thailand' forum which makes it simpler, as actually all forums are for men as well as for ladies but there is an extra forum for ladies which makes me think as above if you know what I mean...