How Do I Re Tax My Car?

daveb1

Its easy, I go myself every Year. You need to take the Book, go to the main Banglamung office (not sure how to give directions - maybe someone else could help) its about a 10 - 15 minute drive from Central Pattaya. When i get there I stop at the stalls outside the Offices and let the reps sort it all out for me for a charge of about 50bt. You will be told to take your car for a test (they never even looked at mine one year, its ok..) Then when you get back the lady goes for your Tax and Insurance for you.

How old is your car?

If less then 7 years, you can do it at your local post office.

If older they'll need to test the car (big joke!) so you need to go either to the department of transport (behind the school of the regents on the 36 highway, just before you can choose to go to Bkk or to Rayong).

Alternatively, there's several licensed shops on Sukhumvit which can do the test and they'll also do the tax. The shops are recognizable by a sign looking like a big yellow sprocket.

Only the blue book of your car is needed.

How old is your car?

If older they'll need to test the car (big joke!) so you need to go either to the department of transport (behind the school of the regents on the 36 highway, just before you can choose to go to Bkk or to Rayong).

Alternatively, there's several licensed shops on Sukhumvit which can do the test and they'll also do the tax. The shops are recognizable by a sign looking like a big yellow sprocket.

AND your current compulsory insurance document.

How old is your car?

AND your current compulsory insurance document.

I thought the compulsory Insurance was no abolished and included with the tax.

Chris

It has to be the most easy thing in Pattaya to do.

Take the blue log book and your insurance certificate for the vehicle to the office on the highway near Regents school. Take a number and when it comes up go to the window and pay your money. How hard is that?

If the vehicle is over seven years get the test certificate from across the road. They test, brakes, lights and horn. Maybe check the VIN but I never saw that.

Total time for both events 15 minutes.

Last year the (then) Government stated they would cancel the CTPL this year for holders of 1st Class insurance. Unfortunately there was a change of Government so we are back to square one where the CTPL is required to tax your vehicle

For members who live in Pattaya, they can renew their tax (and pay for their insurance) at the office โ€“ please email for a map : [email protected]