Staying Up In The Mountains Nearby Cm

robert10

Hi,

I'm looking to spend about 2 nights up in the mountains nearby CM in April. I'm looking for some place with (1) nice view nearby (2) opportunities for easy walks (ie. no need for guide), preferably with nearby lakes, waterfall etc (3) cool & crisp weather (preferably) (3) per night accomodation at most about THB 1,200 - 1,500 per room.

Main purpose is to immerse myself in the beauty and serenity of nature!

It should be fairly accessible from CM, within 1-2 hour drive from old city. (I'll consider further locations if they come highly recommended). As I am driving, I'm looking for a base from which i can explore surrounding areas. Any recommendation on location/route and accomodation will be appreciated.

... snip ... I'm looking to spend about 2 nights up in the mountains nearby CM in April. I'm looking for some place with (1) nice view nearby (2) opportunities for easy walks (ie. no need for guide), preferably with nearby lakes, waterfall etc (3) cool & crisp weather (preferably) (3) per night accomodation at most about THB 1,200 - 1,500 per room. ... snip ... It should be fairly accessible from CM, within 1-2 hour drive from old city. ... snip ...

Hi Khun Robert10,

Well, in general I think "cool and crisp" do not go with "April" in Thailand. However, if you get way up there in altitude, in some place like Doi Angkhang near Fang, or Doi Mae Salong way up in the mountains between Fang and the Chiang Rai valley, you might have a shot. But I think cleaner air is what makes fierce sun and heat bearable, and by April you should find cleaner air in the high mountains.

And check out The Bird's Nest in Chiang Dao about an hour north of Chiang Mai, and see posts here (by moi and others) on the Ban Ai Prakarn resort near the Tub Thao cave near Chaiprakarn. Just do a search on these terms here in TV :

Doi Angkhang ... also check Doi Angklang ... also check Doi Angklung ...

Chiang Dao

The Bird's Nest

Ban Ai Prakarn Resort

Doi Mae Salong

and you'll find lots of information.

~o:37;

It's time to give up one of our little secrets of the area....

Our favourite place is Huai Khum Resort up near Mae Ai. It's about 3 hours away and perfect if you have kids as well. (There's a swimming pool, a large grassy play area and plenty of places to explore and hike).

Agreed. A very nice place. Quiet, peaceful even with kids :o