4.4 Million Thai Citizens To Be Impacted By Water Pollution

Bangkok, THAILAND — Greenpeace released a shocking report which reveals that 92.68 percent of the total area in Thailand is at risk from water pollution. Within these risk areas, 6.87 percent is classified as ‘high risk’ and could impact approximately 4,440,049 Thai citizens if corrective action is not taken immediately. The “Water pollution risk areas of Thailand” report commissioned by Greenpeace Southeast Asia, integrates environmental investigations and GIS technology to project what areas and water sources in Thailand are at risk of water pollution [1]. The report ranked 5 provinces of Bangkok, Samutprakarn, Samutsakorn, Chonburi and Rayong respectively as high risk water pollution areas.

http://www.greenpeace.org/seasia/en/news/4...i-citizens-to-b

post-79878-1238386361_thumb.jpg

Tell me about it.

My wife and I went for a drive out by Sriracha resevoir on the weekend - Looking across towards the waterline we spotted dozens of vehicles, cars, pick-ups and trucks being washed with all that lovely free water.

The water in Bangkok is disgusting. Even the water that comes out of most Reverse Osmosis UV filtration machines outside of apartment buildings are a total bacterial and feces infested joke. It's hard to feel clean showering in it. I got two very serious throat infections that required cauterization at BNH hospital to fix from drinking water here.

What I do now is drinking water, even from bottles is boiled. This does make it taste a little weird but I have not had a throat infection since doing this. I bought one of those boiling pitchers at Tesco and it's not too hard to do.

More than anything else, the state of the water and air in Thailand is what makes me think it is still firmly a third world nation.

Edited by wasabi

Yes, I have been wondering about the drinking water from these filtration machines outside apartment buildings. Is that water safe and as good as the water bought in the supermarket? Anybody knows?

Edited by Hawkup2000

Yes, I have been wondering about the drinking water from these filtration machines outside apartment buildings. Is that water safe and as good as the water bought in the supermarket? Anybody knows?

When the machine is first purchased it probably is close to as good as the bottled water you can buy in supermarkets, but it's unlikely these machines are properly maintained, tuned and has filters replaced on schedule. Thus they become about as useful as getting water out of the tap. Like I said as an extra precaution I have taken to boiling all water from these machines and have not had a problem. My throat was so severely infected from the water the doctor thought I had AIDS. It took a few weeks to figure out that was the source.

If you worry about the water filtration machine then where do yo think the bottle water come from :D . From a bigger filtration machine in the factory: rolleyes: :o

My wife and I went for a drive out by Sriracha resevoir on the weekend - Looking across towards the waterline we spotted dozens of vehicles, cars, pick-ups and trucks being washed with all that lovely free water.

That's OK. Most people here, if they use the reservoir to wash their vehicles, use the area that's next to the intake pipes that pipeline the water down to the Pattaya reservoir for use by the residents there. :o

If you worry about the water filtration machine then where do yo think the bottle water come from :D . From a bigger filtration machine in the factory: rolleyes: :o

Yes, but maybe they have different standards of the filtration. How much service do these machines require? Are they just as effective after a few years of usage?

When the machine is first purchased it probably is close to as good as the bottled water you can buy in supermarkets, but it's unlikely these machines are properly maintained, tuned and has filters replaced on schedule. Thus they become about as useful as getting water out of the tap. Like I said as an extra precaution I have taken to boiling all water from these machines and have not had a problem. My throat was so severely infected from the water the doctor thought I had AIDS. It took a few weeks to figure out that was the source.

I am surprised that you people even choose to rent accommodation that do not have their own proper water filters.

It is impossible to know what quality the water is, be it tap water (from the klong) or bottled water (most likely from the klong). To avoid the uncertainity I use WaterMicron AWG (air water generator) which means that water is produced from the moisture in the air. The air is filtered, condensed and cleaned again with a multiple stage procedure. No more bottles to carry home and you know what you drink.

It is impossible to know what quality the water is, be it tap water (from the klong) or bottled water (most likely from the klong). To avoid the uncertainity I use WaterMicron AWG (air water generator) which means that water is produced from the moisture in the air. The air is filtered, condensed and cleaned again with a multiple stage procedure. No more bottles to carry home and you know what you drink.

I know what you are drinking - battery water, probably with loads of mineral supplements... :o

• 2 months later...

I know what you are drinking - battery water, probably with loads of mineral supplements... :)

There is a difference between destilled water and condensed water... there are minerals in the water of AWGs without having to add supplements.