Ready To Tear The Country Apart

sabaijai

CNN reported 20,000 on thurs March 26 the crowd size seems to have maintained at least that amount.

or 10% of that anyway, according to AFP today...

BANGKOK: Thailand's government said Wednesday it was ready to hold talks with former premier Thaksin Shinawatra in a bid to end a week-long blockade of the current prime minister's office.

The offer came as around 2,000 red-clad Thaksin loyalists who have camped outside Government House in Bangkok for the past seven days vowed to hold a further mass rally in Bangkok next week.

If you're going to post news, could you please follow Thaivisa's policy and do so properly as we are all expected to do or just don't bother at all.

Thank you.

:o

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Assistant District Chief attacked by protesters for wearing yellow

An Assistant District Chief from Phang Nga was nearly lynched by angry protesters when he waded through them to the Government House in a yellow shirt.

Chinnaworn Thanawut, 49, who carried an ID card as the Assistant Chief of Phang Nga's Muang district, was rescued in time by guards of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship when he tried to walk past protesters into the Government House.

Several angry protesters ran towards him to attack him, but the guards dragged him out.

He struggled and fell while being dragged away from the crowd.

He was punched once on his face during the tussle.

Chinnaworn claimed that he was heading the Government House to lodge a complaint to the prime minister for failing to solve the economic crisis.

He said he always wore yellow shirt without taking side in political conflicts and he claimed that he did not know there was a rally outside the Government House.

The guards handed him over to police after he refused to change to a red shirt for his safety.

- The Nation / 2009-04-02

An Assistant District Chief from Phang Nga was nearly lynched by angry protesters when he waded through them to the Government House in a yellow shirt.

Typical and often-repeated Red Shirt behavior.

Sounds like the (redshirt) guards acted well on his behalf, was he trying to fight them off? Interesting wording -- several ANGRY protesters ran to him to ATTACK him and he was nearly LYNCHED.

And of course he had no idea there was any demonstration taking place and just happened to also wear a yellow shirt.

This whole stunt as well as the Nations reporting of it is not surprising but certainly amusing to me.

The article seems well suited for the website notthenation more then for an actual printed paper.

Edited by kenai

Yellow shirts have done the same on many occasions. Both groups are as violent as the other.

What though is astonishing that a government official is not aware that there are protests going on in front of Government House.

Patent nonsense 'tosser. Both groups are not as violent as the other, unless one wants to deny empirical reality. How many lynchings per side? shootings? or grenade throwing incidents? and ultimately deaths and injuries suffered by each? a quick calculation would immediately show the Reds are the more violent group, by a long chalk. Get back to talking simple politics and not fantasy dreams of a red/yellow equality of means to an end. :o

Chinnaworn Thanawut, 49, who carried an ID card as the Assistant Chief of Phang Nga's Muang district, was rescued in time by guards of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship when he tried to walk past protesters into the Government House.

Several angry protesters ran towards him to attack him, but the guards dragged him out.

Chinnaworn claimed that he was heading the Government House to lodge a complaint to the prime minister for failing to solve the economic crisis.

He said he always wore yellow shirt without taking side in political conflicts and he claimed that he did not know there was a rally outside the Government House.

The guards handed him over to police after he refused to change to a red shirt for his safety.

- The Nation / 2009-04-02

Hmmm...this could be a new tactic, if paying protesters doesn't bring enough lunatics to Bangkok anymore...just beat up people and tell them you will stop, if they put on a red shirt lol

Edited by kurtgruen

Opponents of both sides have been killed and beaten etc by both sides. There really isnt much point getting into some moral relativety. Beatings and killings are wrong and should always be condemned whoever they are by.

Both sides also have their bad guys although I dont doubt both sides also include mostly non-violent people. However, even reasonable and non-violent people can get carried away when stirred up by rousing speeches, given a hate figure (Thaksin on one side and now Prem on the other) and pushed into volatile positions where the more violent start something off and trigger the involvement of those who wouldnt normally act in that way or who are even just forced to protect themsleves as things go off. This is how large scale street violence works whether in terms of football hooliganism or violent politcal protests.

Yeah, PAD guards beat up a guy once who was carrying an air rifle hidden in his bag while making a "shortcut" through the rally site.

PAD also lived through period of nightly bombings. It's when you sneak up on a group of sleeping people and throw a grenade in their midst. Our reddest of the reds, Koo, threw her full support behind those methods.

And now some people are trying to make a case that yellows are as violent?

Yeah, PAD guards beat up a guy once who was carrying an air rifle hidden in his bag while making a "shortcut" through the rally site.

PAD also lived through period of nightly bombings. It's when you sneak up on a group of sleeping people and throw a grenade in their midst. Our reddest of the reds, Koo, threw her full support behind those methods.

I don't think the yellows can take any moral high ground in the violence department.

one need only look at the first few seconds of this video.

Funny thing happened recently, i was wearing yellow (not the official king's t shirt just a generic t shirt) and the red shirts were having a march towards me......nothing happen and the sea of red just marched past me none gave me a 2nd look.

I don't think the yellows can take any moral high ground in the violence department.

How many times do you want us to look at that video? It was an ambush and a fight, and I don't know any PAD supporter who condones shooting at people.

Now, over at the red camp, we have Sae Daeng and Koo cheering him on, and I don't think Koo is exceptional, she probably picked up the argument that bombing sleeping people is ok off Dtv or red preachers on the stage.

Why is this casual addmission that reds are going to kill people when they get in their way doesn't deserve any attention from our "peacelovers"?

find the explanation in the old postings.....again and again and again the same piece does not bring us forward.

From the Nation

"Former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat told red-clad protesters on Wednesday night that the ongoing rally was a fight for "true democracy," and not directly for ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra."

http://nationmultimedia.com/2009/04/02/pol...cs_30099468.php

Who else is lined up to spread the news? Thaksin's sisters? Have they got anyone LESS credible?

Perhaps they should invite regional chiefs of their political wing, the PTP. Oh, hold on, they are all Shinawatras, too! Thaksin personally appointed them barely a month ago, "for democracy", of course.

Yellow shirts have done the same on many occasions. Both groups are as violent as the other.

But only the Red Shirts continue with it.

And the yellow shirts only stopped because they got what they wanted. Both groups have violent members that act out... Yet you only point out when the reds do it....

Both groups have members that should be locked away for a while for the crimes they have commited.

find the explanation in the old postings.....again and again and again the same piece does not bring us forward.

We may find many excuses and blatant poison propaganda by you PAD supporters in the old postings.

The video is self explanatory - PAD guards are on a shooting spree - a proof of the point that both sides are equally violent, and all you do to defend the side you support are just lame excuses and intellectual bankruptcy.

Edited by justanothercybertosser

We may find many excuses and blatant poison propaganda by you PAD supporters in the old postings.

The video is self explanatory - PAD guards are on a shooting spree - a proof of the point that both sides are equally violent, and all you do to defend the side you support are just lame excuses and intellectual bankruptcy.

:o:D

I keep seeing (lately more and more) references to grenade/bomb attacks on the PAD protesters during their time at GH (and also remember reports of M79 [?] grenades launched at ASTV satellite equipment) - but have yet to see any report (as opposed to assumption/supposition) that demonstrates that any UDD/DAAD or UDD/DAAD-linked elements were responsible. As others have commented - say anything often enough and it's likely to become part of the accepted scenery. But - could somone please point to a credible source of hard facts that can be reasonably taken as verifying this assumption/supposition? It seems to me that this question is becoming more relevant now that reports are emerging of split loyalties/sympathies within the police and military - who would have ready access to military grade devices. To put it plainly, while there has been much talk of PAD's high-placed friends, it strikes me that there is also no shortage of PAD enemies not to mention those who would see an interest in stoking the fires of unrest.

But only the Red Shirts continue with it.

And the yellow shirts only stopped because they got what they wanted. Both groups have violent members that act out... Yet you only point out when the reds do it....

Both groups have members that should be locked away for a while for the crimes they have commited.

There's already plenty of people that point out when Yellows have done wrong, heck there seems to be swarm of them even when they don't.

and as mentioned repeatedly, now and in the past, proportionally, the Reds have exceeded the Yellows in terms of violence.

and as things stand today, Reds are the only ones continuing it.

the Reds have exceeded the Yellows in terms of violence.

Did you write that with a straight face :o

since you seem so keen on pulling every poster who posts something without proof, I eagerly await your irrefutable proof that your above statement is factual.

put up or shut up

since you seem so keen on pulling every poster who posts something without proof, I eagerly await your irrefutable proof that your above statement is factual.

put up or shut up

exactly....

put up or shut up

This is already done 100 times....it gets boring to count the deads again and again, starting with the Chiang Mai case were the red beat one guy to dead.......

put up or shut up

This is already done 100 times....it gets boring to count the deads again and again, starting with the Chiang Mai case were the red beat one guy to dead.......

If it has been done 100 times it won't take you long to come up with the figures to prove this opinion. I have all day, feel free to come back with your figures.

for your Chiang Mai case I will see you with the guy murdered by PAD near Government House (shot in the head) and raise you with the guy beaten at swampy for wanting to go home.

so do you want to play this game or just admit that this is your opinion and you have no facts to back up the opinion that the reds are more violent than the yellows.

And we can counter with the Bangkok incident where one Red Shirt was beaten to death, and end up in the same inane circle of listing one incident after the other.

Both are groups are violent, and have the potential for a lot more violence, depending where the situation will lead us. Only chance had it that there were more yellow dead than red dead, so far. The incident at Vibhavadi Soi 3 only saw injured, but if these bullets might have had a slightly different trajectory - we could have had several dead instead of injured. Therefore listing the amount of dead as proof is just infantile. What is important here is that both sides have on numerous occasions used lethal and potentially lethal violence.

critically important but nontheless omitted word from quote reinstated... *proportionally*, the Reds have exceeded the Yellows in terms of violence.

put up or shut up

review this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thailand-New...ppings-f18.html

put up or shut up

exactly....

see above