Renewing Retirement Visa

It's almost that time of year again when I must spend that dreaded day at Bangkok Immigration to renew my retirement visa. Is it possible to use a service company to do this for you? Has anyone ever used such a service? What kind of charges?

Thanks for any information

It's almost that time of year again when I must spend that dreaded day at Bangkok Immigration to renew my retirement visa. Is it possible to use a service company to do this for you? Has anyone ever used such a service? What kind of charges?

If you are still living in Jontiem you must report there.

You do not apply to renew Visa, It is a years extention you apply for. As Lite Beer said if you are living in Jontiem you apply there. It should be quite easy.

I think you can use a service company. I also think they are rather expensive. If you look it up on Google you will find plenty there ready to ake your money.

jb1

Suan Plu not a problem for retirement extension. I did mine by self two weeks ago and all was complete in 2 hours 15 minutes. Two hours of that time was spent waiting for my que number to be called. Cost was 1900 baht.

You do not apply to renew Visa, It is a years extention you apply for. As Lite Beer said if you are living in Jontiem you apply there. It should be quite easy.

I think you can use a service company. I also think they are rather expensive. If you look it up on Google you will find plenty there ready to ake your money.

jb1

You renew your extension. :o:D:D:D

Just out of my interest, what is the legality of using a service company?

For the retirement extention a personal interview is done and photograph taken of the applicant as well as other formalities.

Also dubious to entrust one's passport to 3rd parties etc.

So whilst I can guess the answers(TiT), glad to know how these service companies get around these requirements?

Nothing wrong with using an agent.

All the forms have a section at the end, to fill in when you are not making a personal application.

In 4 years of work I never went to the Immigration office. The company handled it all for me.

The Labour office was a different kettle of fish.

They wanted to see me when I started, and then again when I was leaving.

Believe he means a photo is provided (taken by immigration from applicant).

Pattaya Immigrations also takes a photo of you with their web cam. I was walking behind desk #8 where that is done, and looked at the screen when they took an applicant's photo, and it was backlit with totally dark face, so I wonder why they bother?

The first time I got an extension I had a mini-interview with the senior Immigrations officer who sits behind the fellow at desk #8. It was basically: do you own your home or rent, are you married, do you plan to work, and a few other questions. The last two extension applications, my only interaction with her was to provide my phone number and sign some form which was entirely in Thai.

Nothing wrong with using an agent.

All the forms have a section at the end, to fill in when you are not making a personal application.

In 4 years of work I never went to the Immigration office. The company handled it all for me.

The Labour office was a different kettle of fish.

They wanted to see me when I started, and then again when I was leaving.

It may well be that from the perspective of the Thai Authorities there is no objection to using an agent; but I wonder if any of the passport issuing countries have objection to such a procedure or indeed would say it ought not to occur?

I believe it is risky in some cases entrusting an agent to obtain a visa etc.

Surely a different situation to work permits and so on.

-By the way I had in mind about the photo being taken what occurs in Pattaya as the immigration office takes photos of all applicants for the retirement visa/extensions etc.

Edited by Zodiac

I believe Key Visa services in Pattaya/Jomtien (Darren Mcgarry) can handle this for you

Key Visa

If you are still living in Jontiem you must report there.

OK, what happens if you move about the country?

Is this rule based on residency, or place of issue

IE, i get mine issued/renewed in (say) Nakhon Sawan, but then find myself in (say) Phuket come reporting time, where do i have to go to do this?

Nakhon Sawan or Phuket?

Penkoprod

You need to do where you extended (if still serving your address used for last extension - we are in a transition period) - if you move believe you need to move your file to the new location so that you can report/extend there in the future.