Nation Vs Bangkok Post

yumidesign

:o

Seriously, I don't follow - what do you mean "what about foreigners"?

I would have thought that stories about Thai buses being deathtraps and insurgent bombings would have made Thailand look unattractive to foreign eyes.

Please explain.

:o

Seriously, I don't follow - what do you mean "what about foreigners"?

I would have thought that stories about Thai buses being deathtraps and insurgent bombings would have made Thailand look unattractive to foreign eyes.

Please explain.

I sure will.

There doesn't seem to be any shame here if it's a Thai on Thai event, they are more that happy to tell anybody and everybody

But when it comes to events involving foreigners, it is most definitely not the same.

Recalling past events, The head hanging under the bridge, NOTHING was reported, until they came to the conclusion that it was a suicide, then it was all over the post

Then the recent boat capsizing down south, again nothing for a few days.

Even more recently, the English Guy being killed on his yacht, again NOTHING for a few days, until it has be determined that it wasn't Thais involved.

Going back further, there have been many events involving foreigners that were very newsworthy, but at most only a small sidebar if anything at all.

Now i will concede that once an incident becomes "world news" then there is a different take on things

OK, I see what you're saying. You mean that the Bangkok Post hushes up stories in which a farang is the victim and Thai is the wrongdoer. Until such time as it becomes an international incident, at which point they run the story. Right?

Can't say I've ever noticed it, but if you're right, it's an interesting point.

Doesn't sound plausible to me (conspiracy theory) but I'll definitely be watching out for this kind of thing.

OK, I see what you're saying. You mean that the Bangkok Post hushes up stories in which a farang is the victim and Thai is the wrongdoer. Until such time as it becomes an international incident, at which point they run the story. Right?

Can't say I've ever noticed it, but if you're right, it's an interesting point.

Doesn't sound plausible to me (conspiracy theory) but I'll definitely be watching out for this kind of thing.

Keep your eye on them polecat :o