Best Broadband Internet In Chiangmai

bangkok blue

Before you reroute your traffic to Amsterdam think first.

I also get aroud 45 msec for a ping tp networking4all but let's do a simple calculation:

Distance Chaing Mai - Amsterdam about 10k km, speed-of-light around 200k km per sec

and ping is a round trip delay meter so the distance travelled is 20k km.

The time the light needs is 100 milisec, without any router computer etc delay :jap:

If you think ping of 45 is real, there must be some bridges for sale somewhere :whistling:

It totally depends on the area where you stay. If lots of ppl use one provider in your area, the speeds will be terrible. If you are the only one on another network, you might get great speeds. So what might work well in Doi Saket, is perhaps horrible near Huai Kaew rd. Best is to ask around or check what other ppl in the area have, and what is fast. (don't ask Thai ppl as they still think 512Kb is HI SPEED). Either take one that is fast, or one that nobody has :)

I stay out on the road to Hang Dong, I use the old 3Mb cable internet from True Cable, often download with 340-350 Kb/s happy with that. But all networks slow down from 4pm - 11 pm.

Sorry, I can't be of any help, but I DO want to laugh..

Reliable, High speed internet in Chiang Mai you ask... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is one of the ongoing complaints by everyone in Chiang Mai. There is at least one complaint every week about someone changing from one provider to another.

amazingly, i have been sitting here in San Kamphaeng, getting 3+mb out of my 3mb line from TOT, for about a month straight now.

Prior to that, i would get 3mb, but the line was cutting out and coming back (usually back within <60 sec) in a random and erratic manner.

Now, for some reason, it has been rock solid... i keep it pulling 24 hours a day and uploads are within acceptable range too.

been here with this service for 10 months now and this is the best it has ever been... go figure.

Ok let me add my bit. I had TOT in Pai. Was fine, though not great, and down quite a bit. Tried CAT and CAT premium, both total crap.

Now in Chiang Mai, I have 3BB 10Mbit, works great so far. Some oddities now and then make me think there's some lag problems but it could be because my line is hooked up to a microwave tower. Not sure. For most speed tests, and most downloads, i get the full 10mbits international. Because I have a Mac, I download huge files from Apple's servers - software updates and so on - and those always max out my line with a nice beefy 1.2MB/s (megabytes per second). Never had this sort of speed before in Thailand.

Other times downloads come in at 150kb/s or so, still OK. But at this point I am not sure this is due to the server, or my connection, it's getting a bit hard to tell.

Oh and they have apparently completely turned off access to thepiratebay. Once I downloaded a torrent and run it though, it downloads again at full line speed.

Living in Thailand has taught me one thing: There is no real professional ISP in Thailand. So whether or not a particular ISP is good at a particular point in time is mostly random. It changes regularly. CAT used to be the bees knees if you look at old forum posts. Now it's the worst...

Edited by nikster

dam_n donnyboy... what kind of bandwidth you paying for and what price?

3MB @1160 baht per month :)

but im using a cheat engine to help the DL speeds its not true speed, but it DLs quicker than usual, well to me anyway

google "cheat engine 5.5 for bittorrent" also see the videos on youtube

Edited by Donnyboy

Well, I did some tracert's and speedtest.net was wrong, don't know why.

To the abovementioned site it's about 425ms so same same.

As for my connection with TT&T premier it's been good all a long (about a year now).

As for there not being some serious provider here, I agree totally.