Visa For Japan With Thai Wife

I seem to remember someone recently quoting just how difficult it was even for someone with his own company, loads of cash and many employees just to get a tourist visa for Japan.

Going for a year ? I don't think you have a hope unless you have a job and all the necessary permits etc. in which case your employer should be able to assist you. I was married to a Japanese and even I didn't get more than 90/180 days initially before working there.

I do remember though from some time ago people posting here that it appeared easier for subsequent visits.

I seem to remember someone recently quoting just how difficult it was even for someone with his own company, loads of cash and many employees just to get a tourist visa for Japan.

Going for a year ? I don't think you have a hope unless you have a job and all the necessary permits etc. in which case your employer should be able to assist you. I was married to a Japanese and even I didn't get more than 90/180 days initially before working there.

I do remember though from some time ago people posting here that it appeared easier for subsequent visits.

Thanks torrenova. Useful info.

Well, the job is no problem; just that the wife is Thai..... guess I may need to sort it out with the employer. I'll look into it some more. Yeah, I've heard it's not going to be easy, just wanted to get some more opinions.

Cheers, thanks.

When I was married and went to work abroad, the company sorted out all the necessary paperwork. If like Singapore, then it will be a dependant's visa, piggybacking on your visa meaning no work I think. The kid is not an issue if all else is in order as it will be automatic.

The Japanese do love their paperwork though and better make sure it is 100% accurate as they hate tardiness.

Hi,

Any experience with getting a visa for a Thai wife to Japan? Hypothetical scenario: Intending to go for a year. Also, that would include a young baby as well, about 6 months old.

Anyone know if the process is easy?

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

My hooker ex girlfriend got a visa to Japan, so it cant be that hard.

Hi,

Any experience with getting a visa for a Thai wife to Japan? Hypothetical scenario: Intending to go for a year. Also, that would include a young baby as well, about 6 months old.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

My hooker ex girlfriend got a visa to Japan, so it cant be that hard.

couldnt it just be my x girlfriend got visa why hooker sounds like your proud that she had to go that way in life makes the rest of the thickos in the world think all thai girls are easy like my thai bride mmmm out of a catoulog or off the net people small minds

Hi,

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

I took my Thai wife and our daughter to Japan back in September 2008.

Posted detailed procedure here.

Posts 1, 17 and 18 are most informative. Many others were replies to members who think they know something about Japan and repeatedly show they have no clue.

Have a read first and then you may come up with other questions.

Family is not only here, they don't want to leave.

It was me. The guy was on the same plane with me. He did 4 days/3 nights package, was the owner of a company with 60 employees, perfect English, Chemical Engineer and it still took him 6 weeks to get that visa for his family.

Going for a year without a job - I don't think Japan will even consider it.

Not only that - without a job you can not do anything - no ID, no bank account, nobody would rent you a condo ( would not even talk to you), no health, no phone, nothing.

my thai gf got a visa just a couple months ago to japan very easily- we did the paperwork thoroughly and included many extra documents though just to be safe. they didn't even interview her. so i agree, i think it's easy, the hooker-ex gf poster is rude but correct :o

so i agree, i think it's easy, the hooker-ex gf poster is rude but correct :o

That's called "Entertainment Visa", where an establishment guarantees a job, accommodation and salary. They (a bar, karaoke, whatever) apply for the "Certificate of eligibility" with the Ministry of Immigration and once that document is issued (in Japan and sent to Thailand), the visa is issued in Bangkok, based on that. The document is basically job invitation by a legal entity that pays taxes and is properly licensed.

Japan is full of Russian, Philipinas and whatever girls on that kind of visa. The grey part of it is probably backed by Yakuzas. So, it's not just go and get the visa. There is a backend that the rude poster was unaware of.

Westerners who work at Tokyo Disneyland (donning Mickey Mouse costume and posing for pictures with kids) are also on that kind of visa.

You don't go with wife and baby nowhere near that kind of stay.

Edited by think_too_mut

so i agree, i think it's easy, the hooker-ex gf poster is rude but correct :o

That's called "Entertainment Visa", where an establishment guarantees a job, accommodation and salary. They (a bar, karaoke, whatever) apply for the "Certificate of eligibility" with the Ministry of Immigration and once that document is issued (in Japan and sent to Thailand), the visa is issued in Bangkok, based on that. The document is basically job invitation by a legal entity that pays taxes and is properly licensed.

Japan is full of Russian, Philipinas and whatever girls on that kind of visa. The grey part of it is probably backed by Yakuzas. So, it's not just go and get the visa. There is a backend that the rude poster was unaware of.

Westerners who work at Tokyo Disneyland (donning Mickey Mouse costume and posing for pictures with kids) are also on that kind of visa.

You don't go with wife and baby nowhere near that kind of stay.

No, I was talking about just a regular visitor visa, and I think the rude poster was as well.

No, I was talking about just a regular visitor visa, and I think the rude poster was as well.

You are talking, I did it for my family, I know what it takes.

It's impossible, as it is for UK or US that anyone just turns up and wants to go to Japan.

No need to be contentious :o. I never said we 'just turned up' -we did have to get the paperwork together, etc... but beyond that there weren't excrutiating interviews or anything like that... so that's why I said it was easy. Really, we just turned everything in and put in some additional documents and a few days later she just picked up the visa.