Shearer Takes Control At Newcastle

ThaiPauly

Looks as if Profitable group have been sending in emails to Ashley -

THIS IS A MICKEY MOUSE COMPANY THAT SELLS RIP OFF LAND TO UNSUSPECTING ASIANS WHO ARENT AWARE OF UK PLANNING LAWS.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/feb/21/capital-letters

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...72703-23824385/

NEWCASTLE United owner Mike Ashley is in talks with the Singapore-based company The Profitable Group over a possible sale.

The Chronicle can reveal that the far east strategic global investment group are currently preparing a package to bid for £100million-rated Newcastle with Toon tycoon Ashley officially putting the club up for sale yesterday.

The Profitable Group are understood to have a strong Geordie connection and have ex-Liverpool and England midfield battler Steve McMahon on board as Group Commercial Director.

And it is understood that the group have an ambitious plan to involve the fans at St James’s Park more than ever.

Indeed, the company’s initial blueprint, which was disclosed to the Chronicle today from the far east, claims a successful bid would see them:

Plan to turn United into a trust which will give Toon fans a major say in club politics and draw similarities with the Barcelona model in La Liga

To appoint Alan Shearer as boss and back the Geordie legend with transfer funds to help the Magpies fight their way out of the Premier League

Ensure that a footballing figure will be appointed at boardroom level to ensure the series of high profile errors of Mike Ashley era aren’t repeated

To increase the capacity of St James’s Park to 60,000

A Profitable Group source told the Chronicle today from Singapore said: "Yes we are interested in buying Newcastle United - and we’re putting together a plan.

"We have spoken with Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias and we are hoping that we can reveal a lot more in the next few days.

"We have people within the company who have strong Geordie roots that stretch more than 40 years.

"And there are people here who have a love for the club - we think that is vital for Newcastle at the moment.

Edited by sanmiguellight

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found one... :)

Dear Mr Ashley,

I noticed on Sky Sports last night that they were advertising your email address as inviting offers to purchase your somewhat beleaguered and quite frankly atrociously run football club. I understand that you will be receiving many offers for the club, ranging from the unacceptable, but laughable, a Curly Wurly bar, to the more realistic cash offers of anything over £12.40. As I result I have thought about my offer extremely carefully and thoroughly as I wish it to be considered as a serious offer.

For the outright purchase and complete control of Newcastle United FC I would like to offer you £1. Now before you disregard this offer as absurd, please let me explain.

Included within this offer I accept to fully take over all debts that the club and the business as a whole, both financially and the debt to your fans. Newcastle United fans claim to be the best fans in the world, something we all know is not true. It is merely because there is only one football team in one city, much unlike, say, London, where there are 20+ league teams and who are just as well, if not better supported. Even so, you are still indebted to your fans who pay good money in these tough times to come and see an absolutely shocking standard of football, every other week. The other debts that you owe are to the embarrassing amount of managers that you have employed in the past year and a half. By employing them you have given each of them hope that they are any standard of football manager, when they clearly are not.

Take for example, the current “messiah” on Tyneside, Mr A. Shearer. Yes, he is one of the greatest strikers to score goals for Newcastle and more importantly England, but does that automatically make him a good manager, evidently not. The same can be said for a past “messiah” Kevin Keegan, an excellent player no doubt, but a very poor manager in the grand scheme of things. It would seem that a successful manager was normally a below average player i.e. Arsene Wenger and Rafa Benitez, with the one exception possibly being Sir Alex Ferguson who was a good player. It has been said before in jest, but it may be a good idea. Who will be the next Messiah, Ant or Dec? They have more passion for the club and would have more fight to bring the club back up than most current managers.

In a nutshell, by me taking over your club I would want to change the staff from top to bottom, as it is evident that they were all only there for the over-inflated pay cheques and nothing else. Your current playing staff are a prime example of this. I know that a few of the players have come out in the press to say that they will stay, but quite frankly who wants them to? Michael Owen should retire and focus more on his main pastime of horse racing, whilst Mark Viduka should fly home to join up with his Australian and same sized friend Mr Lucas Neil and his new franchise that he keeps promising to enter into the Australian A-League. Stephan Taylor, whilst wanting to play for his beloved club, should realise that his career is too short to be hanging around in the championship or lower, which under the current regime is exactly where they will be staying. Sebastian Bassong has had a half decent season, but lets be honest, is average at best and if I am successful in purchasing the club, I will be taking any half decent offers for him very seriously. The list can go on and on but I feel that I have made my point here.

I would also request that if possible you can advise the fans at St James Park that A. you are not from London and B. that you being a T*ttenham Hotspur supporter certainly does not make you cockney mafia, or cockney in any way and I’m positive most cockneys would be truly insulted by this.

On that note, I’m sure that it would be in your best interest to reinvest your time and money into T*ttenham Hotspur. Hopefully then you could do the same job that you have done here, in turning a mid-table wannabe-big football club, into a mid table championship team. If you can manage for them to then dissolve as a football club and as a business, much like what is happening to most of your businesses, that would be even better for most people.

I look forward to hearing back from you or your staff via return email, or indeed from Keith Harris who I believe to be overseeing the sale of the club, as to how and when we can move forward from here.

Yours sincerely

this was on the Sun yesterday :)

MIKE ASHLEY turned Newcastle into a football joke yesterday.

He put the club up for sale for £100million - and asked would-be buyers to put in offers by e-mail!

It is as if interested parties are bidding for an item on online auction site ebay.

The under-fire Toon board found themselves bombarded by fake mickey-taking offers from fans all over the country, laughing at desperate owner Ashley's efforts to dump the ailing Geordies.

Ashley wanted anyone interested to contact football finance fixer Keith Harris - or give the e-mail option a go on the Newcastle United web page.

And that led to jokers like one Sunderland fan making contact, saying: "I would like to lodge an official bid to buy NUFC.

"The amount I am offering is £10. Should I be successful, I will be appointing myself as team manager, as I am currently in a management role in the Peterlee Sunday League."

Another quipped: "The amount I am offering is 2 x upper concourse seats for the Oasis concert at the Stadium of Light and a Curly Wurly."

Newcastle supporters were not laughing, though, and reacted in horror to this latest humiliation.

One disgusted Geordie said: "If ever any proof was needed of Ashley's total lack of class and crass stupidity, this e-mail fiasco provides it.

"He is a blundering buffoon who needs to be driven out of this great football club."

Looks as if Profitable group have been sending in emails to Ashley -

THIS IS A MICKEY MOUSE COMPANY THAT SELLS RIP OFF LAND TO UNSUSPECTING ASIANS WHO ARENT AWARE OF UK PLANNING LAWS.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/feb/21/capital-letters

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...72703-23824385/

NEWCASTLE United owner Mike Ashley is in talks with the Singapore-based company The Profitable Group over a possible sale.

The Chronicle can reveal that the far east strategic global investment group are currently preparing a package to bid for £100million-rated Newcastle with Toon tycoon Ashley officially putting the club up for sale yesterday.

The Profitable Group are understood to have a strong Geordie connection and have ex-Liverpool and England midfield battler Steve McMahon on board as Group Commercial Director.

And it is understood that the group have an ambitious plan to involve the fans at St James's Park more than ever.

Indeed, the company's initial blueprint, which was disclosed to the Chronicle today from the far east, claims a successful bid would see them:

Plan to turn United into a trust which will give Toon fans a major say in club politics and draw similarities with the Barcelona model in La Liga

To appoint Alan Shearer as boss and back the Geordie legend with transfer funds to help the Magpies fight their way out of the Premier League

Ensure that a footballing figure will be appointed at boardroom level to ensure the series of high profile errors of Mike Ashley era aren't repeated

To increase the capacity of St James's Park to 60,000

A Profitable Group source told the Chronicle today from Singapore said: "Yes we are interested in buying Newcastle United - and we're putting together a plan.

"We have spoken with Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias and we are hoping that we can reveal a lot more in the next few days.

"We have people within the company who have strong Geordie roots that stretch more than 40 years.

"And there are people here who have a love for the club - we think that is vital for Newcastle at the moment.

i'd have said that it was more important at the moment for newcastle to have people running it who don't love the club. it's not about emotion and passion for them now, it's about making really hard choices and bouncing back and the way to do that is to be ruthless, not emotional.

incidentally i know very little about profitable group apart from the fact that their TV ads make me want to vomit.

i'd have said that it was more important at the moment for newcastle to have people running it who don't love the club. it's not about emotion and passion for them now, it's about making really hard choices and bouncing back and the way to do that is to be ruthless, not emotional.

incidentally i know very little about profitable group apart from the fact that their TV ads make me want to vomit.

So i take it you didnt make 200% profit with a quick call to Macca!

Yes Newcastle fans have never wanted anything else, we've been the worst run club bar Leeds for 10 years now. Most people who watch arent in the manager should be born in Tyneside camp either they want whoever is best, but IMO Shearer is the only man for the job now as he'll know exactly whats gone on inside the club for the last few years .... kind of like poacher come gamekeeper kind of thing.

So i take it you didnt make 200% profit with a quick call to Macca!

Yes Newcastle fans have never wanted anything else, we've been the worst run club bar Leeds for 10 years now. Most people who watch arent in the manager should be born in Tyneside camp either they want whoever is best, but IMO Shearer is the only man for the job now as he'll know exactly whats gone on inside the club for the last few years .... kind of like poacher come gamekeeper kind of thing.

hah. mcmahon's a terrible gobshite these days.

don't agree about shearer. at least unless he has a senior bloke above him who has been around the block a few times and knows what it takes to get out of that division. and i don't mean joke in 'ere.

He was going to be doing that with his mate Dalglish allegedly being Director of Football, thats the only thing that worries me in that its going to be more of the old boys network under him as opposed to who is best at doing the job.

Edited by sanmiguellight

kenny's been given a job at our place anyway. is dennis wise still there? or has he got the boot yet?

The Blue Peter garden vandal left when Shearer came in, with a few million quid pay off, for buying Collocini, Guiterrez, Nolan, Ryan Taylor and Xisco, then selling Given at a rock bottom price to the worlds richest club. Good work if you can get it!

Some of the clowns who front the dreadful "Football focus" tv programme here in Asia are connected with this company called 'Profitable Plots' and about time someone did an expose of the background to the company as a simple google search about them is an eye opener.

There is an issue as to TV presenters being in the pocket of sponsors but apart from that going from one 'iffy' owner to another is surely not what Newcastle need.

I agree with comments above re Shearer; the only way he will succeed is having someone like Venables or similar as his guide in the job.

One reason Newcastle failed to save relegation(quite apart from the pratt ref Webb) was that the inexperienced Shearer listened to the idiots Houghton and Dowie who are both totally clueless and proven failures.

Edited by Zodiac

According to Llambias (Director) Profitable Group arent interested and are just chancers.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastl...634-23831344/2/

And while United managing director Derek Llambias confirmed the club are in talks with “three or four” credible parties yesterday, claims that a group based in Singapore have shown formal interest were vehemently denied by Newcastle.

Senior figures in the Profitable group had claimed they wanted to take control of United, putting Shearer in charge and providing funds for a concerted promotion charge.

But Llambias played down talk of contact between the group and the club. While confirming “three or four” consortia are engaged in discussions to take over on Tyneside, Llambias said Profitable were not one of them.

“We know who this Profitable group are because we had some dealings with them last summer regarding some business in the Far East,” he said.

“But we have had absolutely no contact with them since then.

“There hasn't been a bid and there hasn't been an enquiry. They have claimed they have met Mike and myself to discuss things and they haven't. It's total rubbish

I can just see it now. Profitable Plots purchase NUFC and Steve McMahon appoints himself as Newcastle's manager with Shebby Singh as his assistant and Paul Masefield as his fitness coach.

I'm not joking!!! Anything could happen at St James Park.

Looking at Masefield and Shebby play at the Lotus mAsters at the weekend, I think they may even be able to get a game. :)

Is Keith Harris and Orville still sorting out the sale of the club?

Its Keith and Ebay now.

Good job you can still laugh, it's disgusting how the club is being made a mockery by the idiots that run it at the moment.

The club is a shambles like most of us have said,but who takes the blame for these pathetic performances.Its got to be the players,with a big slice of misfit Ian Dowie.Most people have not mentioned Dowie as he seemed to be the man making decisions on the pitch.Shearer was ,and always will be,a mouthpiece who came purely to calm the fans after kING kevin ran away again.

On behalf of all the Stokies,thank you so much Newcastle for selling the only player with a huge pair of balls and truck loads of pride.

The one and only AB FAYE.

The best buy since the premiership started.

Its Keith and Ebay now.

Good job you can still laugh, it's disgusting how the club is being made a mockery by the idiots that run it at the moment.

Yes its very bizarre, ive never known anything quite like it, will take years for them to recover from what he has done. Maybe now people will see that Keegan was right to <deleted> off in the way he did.

Its Keith and Ebay now.

Yes its very bizarre, ive never known anything quite like it, will take years for them to recover from what he has done. Maybe now people will see that Keegan was right to <deleted> off in the way he did.

I think that the appointment of Keegan was the begining of the farce. I have never known a club make so many crazy decisions in such a short space of time. What comes next in this ever growing story?

The club is a shambles like most of us have said,but who takes the blame for these pathetic performances.Its got to be the players,with a big slice of misfit Ian Dowie.Most people have not mentioned Dowie as he seemed to be the man making decisions on the pitch.Shearer was ,and always will be,a mouthpiece who came purely to calm the fans after kING kevin ran away again.

On behalf of all the Stokies,thank you so much Newcastle for selling the only player with a huge pair of balls and truck loads of pride.

The one and only AB FAYE.

The best buy since the premiership started.

My mate Patklang always onhand to offer insight.

The problems started a long long time before Ian Dowie came to Newcastle and surely even you must admit after seeing the they way Ashley runs the club that Keegan was 100% correct to leave the club as Dennis Wise was buying and selling players behind his back, and it was being run in the most amateurish way imaginable.

I think that the appointment of Keegan was the begining of the farce. I have never known a club make so many crazy decisions in such a short space of time. What comes next in this ever growing story?

Id say it was the sacking of Bobby Robson and the appointment of Graham Souness a few games into the season, then giving him 50 million to blow whilst getting rid of Bellamy on the cheap.

But under Ashleys regime it was Dennis Wise getting appointed signing Collocini, Guiterrez, Xisco some othe South American etc... then selling Milner against the then managers wishes and not buying a left back.

But it is intersting to see what'll happen next, it cant get any worse thats for sure... or could it.

Id say it was the sacking of Bobby Robson and the appointment of Graham Souness a few games into the season, then giving him 50 million to blow whilst getting rid of Bellamy on the cheap.

But under Ashleys regime it was Dennis Wise getting appointed signing Collocini, Guiterrez, Xisco some othe South American etc... then selling Milner against the then managers wishes and not buying a left back.

But it is intersting to see what'll happen next, it cant get any worse thats for sure... or could it.

think it can if you can't shift all of those 15 players who are supposedly on fifty grand a week or more.

Leeds..

Leeds..

Aldershot is what he seems to be aiming for.

3 have already gone Owen, Viduka and Cacapa, the first 2 were the clubs highest paid.

Where to?

assume he means released out of contract rather than signed for anyone else. owen apparently has an offer from villa though.