Band From Driving In Uk

pattayaluvgod

i have 4 months left on a driving ban in the uk but am moving to thailand soon and do not want to wait until my ban is up.

can anyone tell me is it easy to get a thai license and do i have to disclose that i have a ban in the uk.

any help is appreciated.

cheers

You'll need to take the Thai driving test as though you've never held a UK licence. I'm not aware that you need to disclose any driving offences committed in the UK.

can anyone tell me is it easy to get a thai license

cheers

Yes easy.

You give the tester 500 baht and he gives you a license.

Not kidding.

I think you will find that easy way out has changed,in Pattaya anyway.Now you have to watch a long film,and actually do some driving.I know somebody who went recently.

I've just got my driving licence from the pattaya office a couple of days ago, and i did not have to do any test whatsoever for my car licence as i already hold a current uk car licence, you just have to fill in a form (which is in thai by the way so make sure you take a thai person with you) and show a photocopy of your current licence. They did not ask to see the paper counterpart which shows your points or whatever so you should get away with it fine.

However i did have to sit both a paper test and a practicle test for my motorcycle licence because it doesnt state on my uk licence that iam entitled to ride a bike.

He obviously didnt pay the 500 baht :o

My GF gt her licence by wearing a short skirt.. Poor thing could hardly pull away 50% of the time and anything like a hill start was flat out impossible.. There seems no standard required to pass..

If you still hold your UK licence (physically not really) you can get an international licence issued from RAC booths.. They do no checking at all.. With an international you can then get a Thai licence just by taking an eyesight test.

He obviously didnt pay the 500 baht :)

My GF gt her licence by wearing a short skirt.. Poor thing could hardly pull away 50% of the time and anything like a hill start was flat out impossible.. There seems no standard required to pass..

If you still hold your UK licence (physically not really) you can get an international licence issued from RAC booths.. They do no checking at all.. With an international you can then get a Thai licence just by taking an eyesight test.

No need for International license. Just show your British license. That will do.

thanks for all the advice.

i am moving to thailand soon and do not want to wait to get my license back.

it looks like i will need 500 bht. :D

thanks for all the advice.

now all i need to do is grow eyes in the back of my head for all the crazy drivers out there.

...Yep...and watch out for all the banned ones that are driving around :o

The standards of English in the UK have declined considerably over the last 30 years.

Astral.......... I do not mean to be pedantic about your statement, but I would have written..... The standard of English in the Uk has declined considerably over the last 30 years..........but there again it was a long time ago sice I attended school.. :D:o

The standards of English in the UK have declined considerably over the last 30 years.

Astral.......... I do not mean to be pedantic about your statement, but I would have written..... The standard of English in the Uk has declined considerably over the last 30 years..........but there again it was a long time ago sice I attended school.. :D:o

How long sice ? :D

How long sice ? :D

Ouch.

Yes I guess there should only be ONE standard..........

but then again we had one standard under the Tories, then another lower one under Labour and so on.

As far as I can gather everyone gets a pass mark in the exams these days.

So any standard we once had, has gone out the window.

Some Stats on Driving test pass rates in UK

The pass rates for every individual Driving Test centre in the U.K from 1996-7 until March 2001 and from 2003 until March 2004

The figures give only the overall rate for each test centre.

Please Note:-Examiners do not have a quota for test passes or fails. If you demonstrate the standard required you will pass your test.

Overall National Pass Rate for April 2003 to March 2004 is 42.8 (source DSA)

http://www.2pass.co.uk/passrates.htm

but then again we had one standard under the Tories, then another lower one under Labour and so on.

As far as I can gather everyone gets a pass mark in the exams these days.

So any standard we once had, has gone out the window.

I was not referring to the driving test, but having a dig at the whole education system

in the UK...................................

From you statistics it sounds as though the driving test is still quite tough,

and so it should be.

The Advanced Driving Test is even more so, and a higher standard is required.

I was not referring to the driving test, but having a dig at the whole education system

Ermm. I'm not a eeuukk lover, but I remember around 15 years ago when myself and a collegue ended up in a motel in Passadena (the Texas one, unfortunately). The attendent (bout 65, I'd guess) was very apologetic and said that if we wanted two rooms, we would have to pay double. "No problem", I said and she proceeded to find a calculator to multiply US$ 24.00 x 2.

Ermm. I'm not a eeuukk lover, but I remember around 15 years ago when myself and a collegue ended up in a motel in Passadena (the Texas one, unfortunately). The attendent (bout 65, I'd guess) was very apologetic and said that if we wanted two rooms, we would have to pay double. "No problem", I said and she proceeded to find a calculator to multiply US$ 24.00 x 2.

Did she get it right Jaye ? :o

Did she get it right Jaye ? :o

There wasn't a socket for him to plug in his computer - so he gave her a fifty and got couple of cokes as change.

(And failed to activate his spell-checker - so couldn't get a pass mark for Pass ' adena)

Edited by Humphrey Bear

My australian licence also has an endorsement for a motor bike. so, as the thai licencing people have no way of knowing what the endorsement letters mean, for me it was better to get an international licence which clearly shows any additional vehicles you can drive.

Only in the thai licence office for 50 minutes and walked out with both car and bike licences.