Be 1st Card

strawberry

just spent a pretty frustrating time on e-bay trying to become a seller. After spending a couple of hours trying to put down my goods I'm then told my card is not authorised to do a transaction. i went to the bank and they tell me they don't know why this is not working for me. Offerred me a credit card for 5000baht per year. I really do not understand these things :blush:

I don't want a credit card and have up until this time been happy with my Be 1st.

It worked for me on the ATMs' in australia and it works for me when I buy my health suppliments on line.

Can any of you folks give me a run down on how I can overcome this problem.

Regards Joe

just spent a pretty frustrating time on e-bay trying to become a seller. After spending a couple of hours trying to put down my goods I'm then told my card is not authorised to do a transaction. i went to the bank and they tell me they don't know why this is not working for me. Offerred me a credit card for 5000baht per year. I really do not understand these things  :blush: 

I don't want a credit card and have up until this time been happy with my Be 1st.

It worked for me on the ATMs' in australia and it works for me when I buy my health suppliments on line.

Regards Joe

Try buying something first & setting up a paypal account.

I sell daily on eBay and for me, I can register a card or not - if I register a card, I can use the 'Buy it Now' feature, other than that - I was under the impression a card wasn't needed.

PM me if you want - I'm always willing to help another ebayer...

just spent a pretty frustrating time on e-bay trying to become a seller. After spending a couple of hours trying to put down my goods I'm then told my card is not authorised to do a transaction. i went to the bank and they tell me they don't know why this is not working for me. Offerred me a credit card for 5000baht per year. I really do not understand these things  :blush: 

Regards Joe

I sell daily on eBay and for me, I can register a card or not - if I register a card, I can use the 'Buy it Now' feature, other than that - I was under the impression a card wasn't needed.

Do you sell from LOS or somewhere else? Just wondering. What sort of goods do you sell? I've bought on ebay once but never sold. Have thought about it. But dont know if its worth it.

Regards Joe

Do you sell from LOS or somewhere else? Just wondering. What sort of goods do you sell? I've bought on ebay once but never sold. Have thought about it. But dont know if its worth it.

I ship goods back to the UK that I brought in China. I have someone there that posts the goods out for me. As for what I'm selling - electronic goods.

It's well worth doing - make sure you have around a 100% mark-up on the goods - the buyers on eBay are cheap charlies.

eBay have a 3-strike system - they'll suspend your id if you get caught ripping people off or selling pirated stuff on-line. I was selling pirated gameboy games but not any more.

For sourcing products a good place to start is alibaba.com.

You need to really work on your ebay listings - professional looking listings sell much better.

Let me know how you get on. Do you have any products in mind ?

Hi Pedro,

The problem with your idea is that for me to buy goodsI need a card and since they won't accept my Be 1st card then I can't buy. What I have to sell is a one out thing and after its sold I probably won't need to use it again.

I never had problems with my visa debit card from the bank in Australia but when the immigration here insisted I have my money sent directly to a bank account here. This necessited me having to cancel my bank account in Aust. Now I'm left having to spend my money according to thai banking rules. Paying 5000 baht for a credit card which I may only use once does not make sense.

Regards Joe

The Be1st Card, just like every other "debit card" in Thailand, is not actually a debit card like we are used to back home.

If you look at it, it says "for electronic use only" This means that it is only good at POS or point of sale locations where they have to physically run the card through a swipper. This means no internet, over the phone etc.

As far as I know, this is the same for all debit cards in THailand. Visa my ass!

The only reason I need a credit card is to do internet transactions (ebay, renting a car, reserving a hotel, buying a plane ticket etc. THese things are all not possible with Thai debit cards....

Oh give me a home, where the buffalos roam... and the brains are not thinking all day

Regards Joe

just register eBay account based on some your card from your home country.

as I recall, to be a seller, one must have a verified or something PayPal account. and that is still and issue for few countries like Thailand. about half year ago there was a news in this Forum that finally PayPal has decided to let register account from Thailand, but till now there are a lot of limitations, like allowing transfer of not more than 100$

as I know, my few friends and me - all use eBay and PP accounts registered in USA or Europe. Australia would work too.

and if you find some registered sellers on eBay doing it for years, you may notice that their payment methods usually not PP but WU or Money Orders or even cash in envelope.... otherwise - they have registered their account in USA and provided all the required card details of their or their friend/ partner/ whoever there....