Looking For A Knife Sharpener

jm49er1

...normally a guy on a bicycle in our area.

If you have a 'stone' crushing pot used for making Som Tum etc. turn it over and use the flat bottom surface, we find it works well on cheaper knives - however I would not trust either a guy on a bike or a non-perfect stone on my proper sabatier knives.

I've also taken out small nicks using a marble table surface.

...normally a guy on a bicycle in our area.

If you have a 'stone' crushing pot used for making Som Tum etc. turn it over and use the flat bottom surface, we find it works well on cheaper knives - however I would not trust either a guy on a bike or a non-perfect stone on my proper sabatier knives.

I've also taken out small nicks using a marble table surface.

the wife makes som-tum in a clay pot so that won't work for me but thanks - still looking for a shop that can sharpen for me

These type of services are usually are usually provided by vendors on some kind of cart. When you live in those large condo blocks you are "protected" from these services. Readily

available in most Thai areas. Never did see a shop offering this service. The guys I see doing this seem to do a great job. Usually use a waterstone around here.

My misses found a shop that sharpened my garden hedging shears, a set of grass shears and my lawn mowers cutting blade and they did a superb job after having them ruined by a drive by bicycle knife sharpener.

Cheap as chalk, charging around 50-80 baht an item.

Expect to be without your things for a few days.

The shop is in Naglua.

Go past the market keeping it to your left, go over the estuary bridge and the shop can be found on the right hand side in the second block of shop houses.

post-36162-1238768504_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1238768548_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1238768578_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1238768593_thumb.jpg

post-36162-1238768606_thumb.jpg

looking for someone to sharpen a couple of kitchen knives - anybody know of a shop that does this kind of work

I've a silicon-carbide sharpening stone...they are available at many hardware stores.

Easy to use, inexpensive and can create a sharper knife blade than most commercial machines!

There are people that come around the soi's from time to time doing the sharpening, fine job they do too!!

Concur, these walking/bike riding vendors do great job, sometime kinda hard to catch them, this was my problem awhile back, just inform several of the neighbors and two shopkeepers that I needed someone to sharpen my knives and low and behold within hours a vendor was at my front gate tools and 4 or 5 year old daughter in tote, he did an excellent job I might add. :o:D

My misses found a shop that sharpened my garden hedging shears, a set of grass shears and my lawn mowers cutting blade and they did a superb job after having them ruined by a drive by bicycle knife sharpener.

Cheap as chalk, charging around 50-80 baht an item.

Expect to be without your things for a few days.

The shop is in Naglua.

Go past the market keeping it to your left, go over the estuary bridge and the shop can be found on the right hand side in the second block of shop houses.

Thanks - stopped by there today but closed until april 10 - will go back as it looks like this shop will do what i need