One Million Baht Prize Money To Get Thaksin

george

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

baht 1 mil you have got to be kidding me. That would not even cover personal expenses involved in such a task. Then I turn up at BKK airport with thaskin in tow he is handed over to authorities who take all the glory. I receive my 1m baht then get arrested by the same thai authorities because I didn't have a work permit. Out of pocket for legal fees and not to mention medical costs after being thrown into a cell with a mob of red shirts. Sorry not a task for this farang....

The issuing a 1m bht reward for Thaksin is a publicity stunt, to also wrap around the anti-monarchy in the same statement speaks volumes. I don't believe Thaksin has ever been against the Monarchy, in fact like many Thais he has a deep affection and regard for them.

To distance Thaksin from the ordinary Thais by insisting he has an anti-monarchy stance, is indeed, escalating the situation......... :o

That's it? 1 000 000 THB? And this comes after the 5 000 000 USD (176 000 000 THB) reward that the US is offering for Massoud.....but getting Thaskin is probably safer.

Massoud.

Massoud is dead in september 2001.

Probably killed by a mutant comunist who betrayed his king

The issuing a 1m bht reward for Thaksin is a publicity stunt, to also wrap around the anti-monarchy in the same statement speaks volumes. I don't believe Thaksin has ever been against the Monarchy, in fact like many Thais he has a deep affection and regard for them.

To distance Thaksin from the ordinary Thais by insisting he has an anti-monarchy stance, is indeed, escalating the situation......... :o

Have to agree there snuggzzz, never heard him say anything derogeraty about the monachy either, bet there are some on here who will have though until you ask when and at what function then it.s likely to be well errm umm cant remember but IT was in the papers so must be the TRUTH, yea right.

THINK THE SUM IS ACTUALLY INSULTING FOR A MULTI-BILLIONAIRE

My thoughts exacly... maybe now, he will issue an incredible amount for the head of those offering for his... :o

Do you think he would come with you peacefully if you offer him half that money? :D

I'm sure Tacky is shaking in his boots .... NOT

THINK THE SUM IS ACTUALLY INSULTING FOR A MULTI-BILLIONAIRE

:o:D:D:D

Agree!!!

It is just another way of offending Thaksin.

1M Baht? It is just USD 28,400. Microsoft is offering USD 250,000 to catch the maker of Conficker virus.

i agree to yogi.

the one million baht is nothing compared to Taskin money. He can give the hunter 5 million to not get him.

my friend said she want to add 5,000 baht if it can end this situation.

I'm not supporting both red or yellow T-shirts.

but if he think he are not wrong, why doesn't he come back to face the court.

Do you think that the court will do it fairly?

Why didn't they arrest him when he returned to Thailand last time?

baht 1 mil you have got to be kidding me. That would not even cover personal expenses involved in such a task. Then I turn up at BKK airport with thaskin in tow he is handed over to authorities who take all the glory. I receive my 1m baht then get arrested by the same thai authorities because I didn't have a work permit. Out of pocket for legal fees and not to mention medical costs after being thrown into a cell with a mob of red shirts. Sorry not a task for this farang....

I am almost choked to read the post.

Very funny indeed.

It shows the reality with mixture of sarcastic and fun.

If they were serious they'd be offering serious money (still) i.e. a million US dollars.

Food for thought: the real cost would seem to be how much it costs to make MRT lick up his own spit - as the saying goes.

In fact, MRT already did this at least once B4 when he squirmed like a worm on national TV while trying to explain how getting slightly LESS total votes (in the election boycotted by all opposition parties) was "the same thing" as (maintaining his 'popularity' by) the actual result , in which the percentage of the vote for MRT/TRT increased slightly, DESPITE GIVING HIS WORD THAT HE WOULD RESIGN AS PM IF TRT RECEIVED LESS VOTES THAN THE LAST ELECTION)

Result A: TRT received LESS votes.

Result B: MRT did NOT resign.

Edited by RandyWhite

Notice the STRONG PROPAGANDA element here? The protagonists have changed the focus in this article, from anti-GOVERNMENT - non elected government that is, to anti-MONARCHY! This is rather a leap of faith, don't you think? And clandestinely inciting civil war too! That's amazing stuff. There's clearly some very important & powerful people at work here, that may just be starting to get a little worried?

Yellowshirts behind this for sure. It's iressponsible and reactionary - but please remember thaksin IS wanted criminal who from outside the country is gently trying to incite his red shirts into acts of political violence through his mini nuremberg style rallies- which is working as yesterday someone shot at the PM's car, wounding his driver - the PM wasnt in it. im sure thaksin will not denounce this and many other acts of political violence in his name while HIS propaganda (countless lies and baseless accusations) go unmentioned and unchallenged. thaksin is a criminal. he OWNS A GOLD MINE IN AFRICA he just happens to be an educated criminal who got a lot of the country to support him though false promises of democracy and reform, lies, control of the media (TTV and NBT), bribery and politcal violence from his red shirted supprters and the corrupt police.

im not a yellowshirt and i hate them too - but thaksin is crook. everyone knows it but some choose to ignore it or deny it because they think they stand to benefit from his criminal corruption or they're just in love with him.

Hold on... what's the name of this new, visionary grouping of intellectuals with the Sunday Market pricing?

United Siam... bit of an oxymoron that no? Can't ever be a united Thailand can there? That would mean these loyalist/royalists actually acknowledging that Thailand exists beyond the Bangkok city limits and that the voice and will of the great unwashed is equal-to or greater-than their own. That's just not possible is it now Prem?

Why dont they pay for someone who can bring the international terrorists who closed the airport, dont they think this is much more important ? :D

Because Thailand would no longer have a PM or cabinet if they arrested those responsible for the airport seizure. The PAD and the current regime are "two in the same" They will be brought to justice ONLY if the current bozos are thrown out. Not a moment before.

They, the PAD instigated a meeting, a happening at suvannabhum!

NO "seizure", NO closure!

that was done by the AOT - Airport Authority of Thailand!

To "justice" by whom - by the fugitive and his cronies?

"a happening!!" WHAT they all went there coz a UFO landed!!

I think stopping him coming back to the Country he says he loves is a sentence in its self.

Thailand needs to pick itself up not dwell in the past with hate.

So he messed up so what lets move on. :o

Assuming this "United Siam" is a private organisation, the issued statement and reward are also a slap in the face of the government en the juristic institutions. It clearly says this government is useless and we should do something ourselves. The risk of dodgy "entrepreneurship" is real. No matter what happens to Thaksin and whether he should be brought to trial or not, the government should quickly condemn initiatives like these and start acting responsibly and swiftly.

I agree wholeheartedly, and am more than a little disturbed at the way people seem to be missing the point that:

what this amounts to is a call to the public to kidnap a man from another country for a monetary reward offered and sanctioned by not the state of Thailand itself, but by a group of people at the highest levels of its government, military and business community acting on their own behalf, without the authority or the jurisdiction to do so.

If this strategy succeeds, it will have been wrong in every way and will only succeed in showing up the government for what it really is: a puppet for a long-established cabal of Thailand's elite.

jc

Why don't they just revoke his passport? He is a wanted fugitive after all.

Mr. T can get passports from several other gov'ts.

More importantly, T is fading away despite his frantic last-ditch efforts to matter. Even the Red Shirts are easing away from him - or at least trying to slip away from his shadow. Mr. T has played most of his cards and is sounding more like an ex-tinpothat self pitying blatherer with each successive phone-in.

If he were to come back to Thailand, whether by choice or by force, his self-pitying image would be re-vitalized.

Best to let him drown in his own froth of brown bubbles.

The 1 million reward is pure publicity stunt - and an insipid one, at that.

An off-topic post and the replies to it have been deleted. The news article in the OP is about a certain person being brought back to Thailand alive for prosecution.

--

Maestro

No, this is really just an illegal bounty being set up by people close to the current government. The topic violates TV rules. If any member posts about a bounty or hiring a hitman they would be banned immediately with the topic closed. There is no comment to be made other than to note the embarrassment it presents to the Thai people and the Kingdom. But let's not allow a little illegal government sponsored justice get in the way of the good life.

Edited by Johpa

Assuming this "United Siam" is a private organisation, the issued statement and reward are also a slap in the face of the government en the juristic institutions. It clearly says this government is useless and we should do something ourselves. The risk of dodgy "entrepreneurship" is real. No matter what happens to Thaksin and whether he should be brought to trial or not, the government should quickly condemn initiatives like these and start acting responsibly and swiftly.

I agree wholeheartedly, and am more than a little disturbed at the way people seem to be missing the point that:

what this amounts to is a call to the public to kidnap a man from another country for a monetary reward offered and sanctioned by not the state of Thailand itself, but by a group of people at the highest levels of its government, military and business community acting on their own behalf, without the authority or the jurisdiction to do so.

If this strategy succeeds, it will have been wrong in every way and will only succeed in showing up the government for what it really is: a puppet for a long-established cabal of Thailand's elite.

jc

Spot on fellas.

What ultimately is at stake in this country is the process of democracy.

What democracy? :o That ended in Thailand September 2006 when the last coup occurred.

Sorry but did i miss something along the way, isn't the current government self elected?

Aren't the Red Shirts demanding for democracy because of the way the Yellow,s got the current non elected government in to power?

The only way to solve this mess is to reinstate democracy to the people and have general elections and whatever colour wins stays in power once and for all.

It's the only way.

What ultimately is at stake in this country is the process of democracy.

What democracy? :o That ended in Thailand September 2006 when the last coup occurred.

Sorry but did i miss something along the way, isn't the current government self elected?

Aren't the Red Shirts demanding for democracy because of the way the Yellow,s got the current non elected government in to power?

The only way to solve this mess is to reinstate democracy to the people and have general elections and whatever colour wins stays in power once and for all.

It's the only way.

It's so nice to see that more and more people do grasp the key point that it is not about one man, it is about democracy and an election as the current has no mandate to rule whatsoever and makes it up as it goes along...