Extension Of Stay Marrige Visa

The list can vary by office. In general have proof of money (bank book/bank letter(if using)/Embassy letter(if using)/copies; her home register/copies; her ID card/copies; your Passport/copies (all stamped pages); arrival/departure card/copies; marriage certificate/copies; photos together wedding, at home, with house number showing; map to home; copy of lease if renting might be required; TM.7 with 4x6cm photos (taken within last six months); 1,900 baht for fee and if you want re-entry permit form/fee/photos for that; (most important) wife (if you male).

Bank letter is by bank manager within a day or two with account balance and should match passbook. May cost 1 or 200 baht.

Asuming you are using the bank deposit route 0f 400,000 Baht you will need.

Marriage Certificate. Wife's ID Card and house registration. Letter from the bank certifying the bank balance. Up to date bank book with the same balance. Passport. Photos of you and your Wife together in and around the house in Thailand. A map to the house (sometimes they pay you a visit) 1,900 Baht Fee. This formAttached File tm7.doc ( 55.5K ) Number of downloads: 1

Copies of everything. Take the Wife with you to be interviewed.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp. Go back in a month and get the remainder of the 12 months stamp.

If using the income method ,you need a letter from your Embassy verifying the 40,000 Baht a month income.

If income is within Thailand you need Tax documents and Work Permit.

As Lopburi has already said, different offices require different paperwork. However, if you were to amass all the following (twice outside BKK), you should be OK. This is based on B400K in the bank:

TM7 application form & photo

B1,900 fee

Passport & Arrival Card (TM6)

Signed copy of passport & TM6 (all pages and both sides of TM6)

Marriage certificate

Signed copy of marriage cert (all 4 pages)

Tabien Baan (all pages)

Signed copy of Tabien Baan

ID card

Signed copy of ID card

Signed copy of wife's passport (data page only is probably ok)

Bank letter (dated on day of application or 1 day before)

Savings book (no joint a/c; B400K in it for the past 3 months; balance MUST match letter)

Signed copy of savings book

Signed map of address

Photos of house (you and spouse in and around the house preferably different days; different clothes)

I really can't think of anything else required!!

Edited by jamesjdaly

The list can vary by office. In general have proof of money (bank book/bank letter(if using)/Embassy letter(if using)/copies; her home register/copies; her ID card/copies; your Passport/copies (all stamped pages); arrival/departure card/copies; marriage certificate/copies; photos together wedding, at home, with house number showing; map to home; copy of lease if renting might be required; TM.7 with 4x6cm photos (taken within last six months); 1,900 baht for fee and if you want re-entry permit form/fee/photos for that; (most important) wife (if you male).

Bank letter is by bank manager within a day or two with account balance and should match passbook. May cost 1 or 200 baht.

Hello what about the requrement of 40.000 bhat for three months and the letter from Bank showing 40.000 the last month before applying? Is that rule still the norm or what's up?

The requirement is for the 400,000 to be in the bank for 2 months. However some offices are insisting on 3 months. The bank letter will have to be issued a day or 2 before you apply. Also need an updated bank book showing the same balance.

:D

Hello what about the requrement of 40.000 bhat for three months and the letter from Bank showing 40.000 the last month before applying? Is that rule still the norm or what's up?

:o So khun Lite Beer thanks for being online: my sits is that I will have a new pension letter from my Embassy showing more than 40.000 a month, or yearly more than 400.000. Will I need to show 40.000 bank deposits for 3 months also. I am currently in Europe but will return to Alanyaprathet in two weeks asking for the marriage extension. Aye, I have had at least 6 marriage extension in the past.

:o So khun Lite Beer thanks for being online: my sits is that I will have a new pension letter from my Embassy showing more than 40.000 a month, or yearly more than 400.000. Will I need to show 40.000 bank deposits for 3 months also. I am currently in Europe but will return to Alanyaprathet in two weeks asking for the marriage extension. Aye, I have had at least 6 marriage extension in the past.

If you are going the Income Route there is no requirement for the money to actually be transfered into your account. The Embassy Letter should be enough. You will not need a letter from the bank.

However different offices have different rules. Some like to see your bank book with some money passing through it.

It all depends on where you will be applying.

As Lopburi has already said, different offices require different paperwork. However, if you were to amass all the following (twice outside BKK), you should be OK. This is based on B400K in the bank:

B1,900 fee

Marriage certificate

Tabien Baan (all pages)

ID card

Signed copy of ID card

Savings book (no joint a/c; B400K in it for the past 3 months; balance MUST match letter)

Signed map of address

Photos of house (you and spouse in and around the house preferably different days; different clothes)

Hi 2008bangkok,

This is a pretty comprehensive list, if you have children then birth certificates would be required. If the marriage was registered in Thailand then you would have got two marriage certificates (Kor sor 3), and one "details of marriage form" (Kor sor 2). You will need to take one marriage certificate (Kor sor 3), and it would be advisable to take the "Details form" Kor sor 2 . I was asked for this form last week, the first time in the last 13 applications for an extension. Lastly your wife needs to accompany you for the initial application plus your children if you have any.

Good-luck, Nibor.

Lastly your wife needs to accompany you for the initial application plus your children if you have any.

Wife needs to be with you for all applications for extension of stay based on marriage. Believe you mean wife does not have to be with you for pick up after 30 day under consideration stamp?

Lastly your wife needs to accompany you for the initial application plus your children if you have any.

Wife needs to be with you for all applications for extension of stay based on marriage. Believe you mean wife does not have to be with you for pick up after 30 day under consideration stamp?

Correct, your wife needs to accompany you for the initial application of each annual extension at Soi Suan Plu, if at another office then she would be required for the 2nd interview as well. She would not be required to attend when you go for the final extension decision Granted or denied. Sorry for any confusion caused,

Nibor.

Yes you guys were right it was required..so i am now waiting for it to come(which is taking a long time as its songran)!

Does anybody know if a letter from the local amphur will be ok instead of house paper

The house papers is what is required - that is matched to her ID card. Do not believe they will consider anything else.
No. She will need to show the Tabbien Baan.. Blue House Book. She should keep it accesible all the time as she is helpless without it.

My wife got a paper from Tessaban.

They are open Thursday and Friday.

Does anybody know this for defo a bloke in the office recons they arnt open...i dont wanna go trapsing down their if they are not as its miles away on the other hand if it is open and i dont go then ill have to pay a full overstay

jeepers creepers where are you all at? in hua hin i just go there with my marriage certificate bank book and tabien baan mrs id card! dont even have to take the mrs 1,900bt 10mins all over!

jeepers creepers where are you all at? in hua hin i just go there with my marriage certificate bank book and tabien baan mrs id card! dont even have to take the mrs 1,900bt 10mins all over!

This is not the norm. How many times have you got this extension?

B1,900 fee

Marriage certificate

Tabien Baan (all pages)

ID card

Signed copy of ID card

Signed map of address

Marraige cert. copy all 4 pages??? - My marraige cert is 1 sheet back and front, finish

Your marriage cert (the one bordered with pink roses and hearts) is called คร3. If you look at the rear of it, it has a few stamps at the bottom of the page. So far, 2 pages.

When you went to the Amphur to register your marriage, they also would have given you a คร2. This is details of both your and your wife (first names, maiden name, passport No, ID card No, dates, official signature) etc. This has 2 sides.

Sorry, but I don't have a scanner to assist you.