Quality Computer Gaming Software

Dustoff

~

We've already been through wasting time and money on the cheap knock-off copies and are willing to spend the money for good quality stuff. My 12-year old stepson is computer bright and wishes to have just a few things like top-notch soccer, driving and a couple of others to play while taking a break from his computer homework.

Not to mention that quality learning software would be welcome as well and I would appreciate any recommendations.

Find something connected to a joystick or cyclic and collective. Something fun yet maybe useful later on. "Stupid is as Stupid does...Mama always says..." Hows things going with thefake Honda Trannie?

Find something connected to a joystick or cyclic and collective. Something fun yet maybe useful later on. "Stupid is as Stupid does...Mama always says..." Hows things going with thefake Honda Trannie?

The 'thread killer' strikes again, eh? :o

Not exactly the advice I was looking for nor the place I wish to discuss transmission problems...

Edited by Dustoff

Mr Dustoff

I can tell you that there is a game shop on the top level of Pantip selling copy and from what i could see some ligit computer games, i assume ligit as the price was in the region of 500-600 Bht if my memory serves me right.

Any way looking on the back of the boxes there was a website i can give you it and may be it might be of some use. or it might be a complete waste of time but it is worth checking out.

I have also been told that these games are also being sold in the icon computer area of CM.

One more source that might be worth trying is some of the big or popular gaming internet shops, i know that the likely hood of any ligit games being used is pretty remote but they always seam to have the gaming mags lying around and i would assume the owner must know where to get them in Thailand if available.

Just a thought

Regards

Steve

~

We've already been through wasting time and money on the cheap knock-off copies and are willing to spend the money for good quality stuff.

Sorry for the Q rather than a Answer but........I was just getting ready to waste some $$ on the cheap stuff :o

I think so anyway as it is much cheaper than back home. I saw a shop upstairs in Airport Plaza near the Cinema.

Is this the wrong stuff to buy then? Did it just not play in your sons game units?

Thanks

~

We've already been through wasting time and money on the cheap knock-off copies and are willing to spend the money for good quality stuff.

Sorry for the Q rather than a Answer but........I was just getting ready to waste some $$ on the cheap stuff :o

I think so anyway as it is much cheaper than back home. I saw a shop upstairs in Airport Plaza near the Cinema.

Is this the wrong stuff to buy then? Did it just not play in your sons game units?

Thanks

Pretty much all you can imagine. I just went thru five different ones we bought a while back; one is a 4-CD set and simply does not even try to open (I install them all on the HD of course), another requires a CD Code which of course is not included, the 3rd is an internet game and opens but will not access its own site and the remaining two were blocked by our BitDefender Suite as being contaminated with viruses and trojans.

His system is not the problem - I have been in computers for a very long time and his is even better than mine and has all the bells and whistles. I just installed a new SATA drive and the lastest update of BitDefender and have him Wi-Fi'd to my server.

Pirated copies are cheap but not worth the hassle for me. DVD movies rarely work perfectly, sometimes quitting just before the end or look like they were filmed by somebody sitting in a movie theater and I won't even think about putting copied computer programs in my system. I don't worry too much about our kid's system as I just set restore points and clone the primary drive.

My thanks to both you and Tigerbalm and I will do some more looking around..

Dustoff

Instead of digging around local shops looking for legit software. You may find it easier to order from Zest in Bangkok http://zest.co.th/www/main/index.php?p=1

~

Thanks

Pretty much all you can imagine. I just went thru five different ones we bought a while back; one is a 4-CD set and simply does not even try to open (I install them all on the HD of course), another requires a CD Code which of course is not included, the 3rd is an internet game and opens but will not access its own site and the remaining two were blocked by our BitDefender Suite as being contaminated with viruses and trojans.

His system is not the problem - I have been in computers for a very long time and his is even better than mine and has all the bells and whistles. I just installed a new SATA drive and the lastest update of BitDefender and have him Wi-Fi'd to my server.

Pirated copies are cheap but not worth the hassle for me. DVD movies rarely work perfectly, sometimes quitting just before the end or look like they were filmed by somebody sitting in a movie theater and I won't even think about putting copied computer programs in my system. I don't worry too much about our kid's system as I just set restore points and clone the primary drive.

My thanks to both you and Tigerbalm and I will do some more looking around..

Dustoff

Edited by Lordfoul

Or you could try Soi Torrent, but the best shops down the Soi (that have no Virus, Adware etc.) are private and require a membership..... :o

Soi what? Where? Private membership software shops?

I, for one, do not have a clue what you are referring to . . . more info please solent01.

JxP