How To Capitalise Titles - Eg Abc, ABC

JetsetBkk

If I post a new topic with capitalised abbreviations in the title, eg. DMC-TZ7, it comes out in "Title Case", i.e. "Dmc-tz7". Anyone know how to overcome this?

If not, can we have it turned off for, say, the Internet & Technology forum where abbreviations are quite common?

Edit.

OK, looks like I found out how to do it in this title!

Edited by JetsetBkk

If I post a new topic with capitalised abbreviations in the title, eg. DMC-TZ7, it comes out in "Title Case", i.e. "Dmc-tz7". Anyone know how to overcome this?

If not, can we have it turned off for, say, the Internet & Technology forum where abbreviations are quite common?

Edit.

How did you do it?

Edit.

How did you do it?

Dämn! I knew someone would ask. :o

I found some codes, but don't know what they are called. Basically '& #65;' (without the quotes or space) generates a capital 'A'. Just increase the number (66 - 90) to get the other letters (B - Z).

The forum software appears to convert everything into "Title Case", but this ruse gets around it.

Edited by JetsetBkk

They're called ASCII codes (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) :o

The complete construct with the bracketing and ; is called a 'numeric entity'. Any Unicode value may be used within them, but only decimal numbers are supported by the forum software. (And yes, ASCII came first and Unicode is just one of many extensions.)

The complete construct with the bracketing and ; is called a 'numeric entity'. Any Unicode value may be used within them, but only decimal numbers are supported by the forum software. (And yes, ASCII came first and Unicode is just one of many extensions.)

Thanks Richard W - I just did some Googling and found an interesting link about Unicode characters in HTML 4.01: http://theorem.ca/~mvcorks/code/charsets/

This link lists "All Unicode characters in HTML 4.01 numeric entities".

I guess the characters that I used came from the "Basic Latin Numeric HTML Entities".

The "Thai Numeric HTML Entities" are interesting, too. I now know where the Baht sign comes from: ฿ (& #3647;). :o

Seems like a very convoluted way to get around something which should be fixable by changing some simple forum settings. Why do all thread titles get Initial Capitalized anyway? Why not keep them in the case that the author intended them?