Thaksin's Close Family Leaves Thailand

george

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am i missing something here....... was not ex mrs Thaksin supposed to be in jail?????

how can she leave the country?????

and how come all the details of people on flights are available?????

oh i forgot i am in Thailand!

Missing a lot. Not Mrs Thaksin anymore changed her name and did not do any time at all for her crimes. I think that the change of name did wonders for her respectability

ie not related to Mr T anymore, so no prison sentence.

Cheers, Rick.

I thinks the stage is being set,thaksin demise is nigh he will get back to thailand o.k. but in a wooden box, but then again I could be completely wrong, as I have known to be before, the next few days will be interesting

regards songhklasid.

Indeed, 'the stage is set', .....

Yes, the stage continues to be set as all the actors await for the first scene to begin. Alas, rules prohibit us from making any comments upon the play until after each scene is completed. But I see no demise, no wooden box. I see only retrenchment and realignment of forces. Everyone, all sides, continue to move around and jostle about for an advantage on the stage so that they can be seen once the play begins.

If anything, Thaksin relocating his kin is a bad omen for those of you living in the capitol.

Shinawatra family left Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Close family members of fugitive prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra quietly left Thailand on a series of flights on Tuesday, PM's Office Minister Sathit Wongnongtoey said on Wednesday.

Thaksin's former wife Khunying Potjaman Damapong and their daughter Paethongtan flew to Hong Kong. Another daughter Pinthongtha departed to England. Their son Panthongtae headed for Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

Thaksin's brother-in-law and former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat also left the country, he said.

At the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship rally in front of Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda's residence on Wednesday, UDD leader Nattawut said Thaksin had phoned him to voice his support for the red-shirt movement.

The deposed premier hoped that the country would achieve true democracy, Mr Nattawut said.

-- Bangkok Post 2009-04-08

i dont blame them.

they got samak for a cooking show.

they could give the children 10 years for blowing their noses if they wanted to

things are looking to get nasty.

best to play it safe.

I too dont blame them leaving.

I bet their luggage’s were packed with high value items only

About the country, you are right. It's doing fine.

50% loss in tourist revenue, 25%+ loss in export revenue, worldwide embassy warnings to avoid Thailand -- yeah, things are real fine here. You were correct the first time -- this is the SS Thaitanic!

i dont blame them.

best to play it safe.

MC2

This is by far the best post untill now, sums it all up.

Pity most posters here are inept to understand the powerstruggle that is the root cause.

Go Thaksin.

MBL

i dont blame them.

best to play it safe.

MC2

This is by far the best post untill now, sums it all up.

Pity most posters here are inept to understand the powerstruggle that is the root cause.

Go Thaksin.

MBL

They are not inept, just blinded by their deep hatred for everything Thaksin

No rats usually hide behind anon screen names, who are you to pass judgement on anyones children. idiot

Why is it necessary to label them as someone's children? For a start, everyone is someone's child. And for another thing, they aren't children at all - they are fully grown adults.

Uhm ...what did Thaksin's children do wrong again? As far as I remember, they were not convicted of anything. But then again, Britney Spears and Paris Hilton are "brats" too in the media, so why not Thaksin's children too, since they're famous too, right?

And while we're talking about children, some of the responses here are rather childish. It feels like high school. "This one is a brat" and "that one is a brat" and "good riddance" and "rats".

Their father got convicted for buying land while he was holding a public office. That's all he was convicted of. Laughable, in my opinion. How many Thai politicians have used their public office position as a tool to gain something else? Come on now.

And Thaksin's children haven't been convicted of anything. Their father is Thaksin and they have a lot of money. Big deal. Get over it and go work if you're jealous.

Uhm ...what did Thaksin's children do wrong again? As far as I remember, they were not convicted of anything. But then again, Britney Spears and Paris Hilton are "brats" too in the media, so why not Thaksin's children too, since they're famous too, right?

And while we're talking about children, some of the responses here are rather childish. It feels like high school. "This one is a brat" and "that one is a brat" and "good riddance" and "rats".

Their father got convicted for buying land while he was holding a public office. That's all he was convicted of. Laughable, in my opinion. How many Thai politicians have used their public office position as a tool to gain something else? Come on now.

And Thaksin's children haven't been convicted of anything. Their father is Thaksin and they have a lot of money. Big deal. Get over it and go work if you're jealous.

There's 6 more important cases waiting but under Thai law they can't proceed until the defendant appears, and he has run away, despite having enough money to hire the best lawyers in Thailand.

To an earlier poster, they didn't get Samak, he had to resign but he had the right to stand again for the post of PM which he did. But his own party rejected him, choosing Somchai, Thaksin's brother-in-law, easier to control as a puppet.

As for his children, there's not much to say, Thaksin told his followers to bring their kids to the rally but whisked his own away!

The son failed his exams at Thammasart and had to enrol at the open university, Ramkhamhaeng, where he was caught with a piece of paper in his top pocket during the final exam. One of the daughters who went to Chula struggled to pass the exams in spite of a lot of 'assistance' from mum, in an unprecented case, a civil servant removed exam papers just before an exam, there were accusatiuons of leaking the contents. The list goes on and on, mediocrity describes their achievements up to now.

About the country, you are right. It's doing fine.

50% loss in tourist revenue, 25%+ loss in export revenue, worldwide embassy warnings to avoid Thailand -- yeah, things are real fine here. You were correct the first time -- this is the SS Thaitanic!

an old idiom comes on my mind "the rats are deserting the sinking ship"...

am i missing something here....... was not ex mrs Thaksin supposed to be in jail?????

how can she leave the country?????

and how come all the details of people on flights are available?????

oh i forgot i am in Thailand!

Missing a lot. Not Mrs Thaksin anymore changed her name and did not do any time at all for her crimes. I think that the change of name did wonders for her respectability

ie not related to Mr T anymore, so no prison sentence.

Cheers, Rick.

THAT HAS TO BE RUBBISH. You guys make it up as you go along

No rats usually hide behind anon screen names, who are you to pass judgement on anyones children. idiot

Why is it necessary to label them as someone's children? For a start, everyone is someone's child. And for another thing, they aren't children at all - they are fully grown adults.

Quite some post there. First they are somone's child, hence they are children. This statement followed by " they aren't children at all".

You should at least have enough intelligence to recognize the contradiction.

I thinks the stage is being set,thaksin demise is nigh he will get back to thailand o.k. but in a wooden box, but then again I could be completely wrong, as I have known to be before, the next few days will be interesting

regards songhklasid.

Yes, the stage continues to be set as all the actors await for the first scene to begin. Alas, rules prohibit us from making any comments upon the play until after each scene is completed. But I see no demise, no wooden box. I see only retrenchment and realignment of forces. Everyone, all sides, continue to move around and jostle about for an advantage on the stage so that they can be seen once the play begins.

If anything, Thaksin relocating his kin is a bad omen for those of you living in the capitol.

Nice post

Shinawatra family left Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Close family members of fugitive prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra quietly left Thailand on a series of flights on Tuesday, PM's Office Minister Sathit Wongnongtoey said on Wednesday.

Thaksin's former wife Khunying Potjaman Damapong and their daughter Paethongtan flew to Hong Kong. Another daughter Pinthongtha departed to England. Their son Panthongtae headed for Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

Thaksin's brother-in-law and former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat also left the country, he said.

At the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship rally in front of Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda's residence on Wednesday, UDD leader Nattawut said Thaksin had phoned him to voice his support for the red-shirt movement.

The deposed premier hoped that the country would achieve true democracy, Mr Nattawut said.

-- Bangkok Post 2009-04-08

i dont blame them.

best to play it safe.

Nothing like showing support for your father's cause. Just like the father, no guts.

Its very common for the wealthy to leave the country ahead of unrest for security reasons. Sorry to dissapoint, but i am sure they will be back next week

Any parent would want to keep his children out or harms way.

What most people find objectionable is that Thaksin appealed in his Video address for his supporters to take their children to the protest.

Patrick

Shinawatra family not running away

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 9/04/2009 at 11:13 AM

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's younger sister Yaowaret Shinawatra dismissed the rumours that Thaksin's close family members travelled to other countries because they were concerned about the consequences from the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) mass rally.

Thaksin's family went abroad for business or holiday purposes and they would return to Thailand soon, Mrs Yaowaret said on Thursday.

She said they had no intentions to flee their country as the government claimed, and other members of the Shinawatra family are still in Thailand.

On Tuesday night, Thaksin's ex-wife Khunying Potjaman Damapong and their daughter Paethongtan flew to Hong Kong. Another daughter Pinthongtha departed to England. Their son Panthongtae headed for Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

Thaksin's brother-in-law and former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat also went to Dubai.

Mrs Yaowaret said it would be impossible for Mr Somchai to flee the country since his wife Yaowapa Wongsawat is still in Thailand.

Source - http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/14...ot-running-away

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's younger sister Yaowaret Shinawatra dismissed the rumours that Thaksin's close family members travelled to other countries because they were concerned about the consequences from the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) mass rally.

Thaksin's family went abroad for business or holiday purposes and they would return to Thailand soon, Mrs Yaowaret said on Thursday.

She said they had no intentions to flee their country as the government claimed, and other members of the Shinawatra family are still in Thailand.

On Tuesday night, Thaksin's ex-wife Khunying Potjaman Damapong and their daughter Paethongtan flew to Hong Kong. Another daughter Pinthongtha departed to England. Their son Panthongtae headed for Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

Thaksin's brother-in-law and former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat also went to Dubai.

Mrs Yaowaret said it would be impossible for Mr Somchai to flee the country since his wife Yaowapa Wongsawat is still in Thailand.

Actually, I would think that would be an excellent reason to leave the country. That woman is not exactly a looker.

post-24265-1239251620_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbowman1993

Rats deserting the sinking ship ?????

Possibly. But rats don't normally carry so many pieces of luggage as these varmint. Anybody at the airport do a count of luggage items at the express check-in? Wow, a whole family in self-imposed exile now? :D

The ship will be in a lot better shape as well without them raiding the stores and squirreling away grain in Cayman Islands, Switzerland, Hong Kong, etc., etc. :o

My guess is that he is actively attacking several people of serious power.

So it would be prudent to NOT leave bargining pieces where they can be taken in hand...

Also with the impending disposition of his money coming up,

and a definite end game is in play,

and the kids are just NOT up to protecting their own butts in this scenario.

Suposition, but all logical.

Edited by animatic

Great PR material there if the Government has the wits to use it.

"Your so called hero of the people sends his family away on holiday while he asks you to sit in the hot sun and Protest on his behalf"

Patrick

Quite some post there. First they are somone's child, hence they are children. This statement followed by " they aren't children at all".

You should at least have enough intelligence to recognize the contradiction.

What a moronic post!!!!!

everyone is someones child yet not considered a child at a certain age.

get that? :o

It's interesting that Somchai Wotsawong went to Dubai with airhead and left The Whopper and Lotsaluck to keep the red brigade happy.

Picture from The Nation website.

This whole scenario is starting to look like the basis for a Shakespearian play. Assassination plots, references to the King and trusted courtiers, traitors, death threats etc, etc.

One wonders where Madam Pokemon is at this moment.

[i]"They seek him here, they seek him there.

Those Siamese seek him everywhere.

Is he in Phnom Penh or is he not,

That damned elusive Shinawat "

[/i]

Interesting times in Thailand I say. :o

Now THAT had me laughing enough to disrupt a internet gaming cafe..

GOOD ONE !

Iquoted the Pimpernel in another thread, but you nailed this one!!!!

"Your so called hero of the people sends his family away on holiday while he asks you to sit in the hot sun and Protest on his behalf"

Patrick

Too true, he can't go to far because she still has his balls in a jar on her dressing table.

Yes great PR posibilities.

Edited by animatic

regards songhklasid.

Nice post

Yes, I would like the poster to explain this comment "If anything, Thaksin relocating his kin is a bad omen for those of you living in the capitol"....... I don't understand, though would like to.

Well, for all the posters beginning to flame each other, keep it in perspective.... life goes on, right!! All over a group of politicians who don't give a $%&@ about any of us!!! But feel free to keep on hating.

Keep the country moving forwards.... and let's face it, what is being done needs to be done to achieve this. Then again, what is forward?

Patrick

Well that was always so.....Hitler didn't send Eva Braun to Stalingrad. Bush didn't send his wife to Falludja.

You send the troops...people who are poor without education which aren't your relatives...

No surprise.

I am sure there is an innocent explanation to all this.

As I see it, we merely have the Directors of Shinawatra Inc getting together for their Annual General Meeting - you know, sign off the accounts, pass a couple of resolutions, increase the directors fees, answer questions from the shareholders, etc. :o

I am sure there is an innocent explanation to all this.

As I see it, we merely have the Directors of Shinawatra Inc getting together for their Annual General Meeting - you know, sign off the accounts, pass a couple of resolutions, increase the directors fees, answer questions from the shareholders, etc. :o

Not being fish in a barrel comes to mind.