Skyping In Cm?

JXXXL

Yup, I use it a lot too. Quality depends COMPLETELY on the quality of your local internet connection; if that's no good then nothing in the world Skype can do to give you a clear call.

So the real question is : "Can I have and will I have decent ADSL"

I am surprised that several members are able to use Skype successfully in C.M. I have the 3 MB package from Maxnet/TOT and I have problems with the connection 75% of the time. I have called technical support no less than 25 times in the last eight months, been to their Sansai office twice to complain, had the technicians here twice, and they say that there is nothing that can be done to improve the quality of the connection; that it is typical for the area.

For this reason I can not use Skype to make any serious business calls. I can sometimes make a good enough connection to call friends but almost always the connection deteriorates and/or disconnects.

i have the same sort of package with TT&T and mine is running about the same as yourself which is totally frustrating, the most common fault i am encounting is that i can hear them but they cannot hear me, is there not a skpe expert in Chaing mai who i can pay to sort out my problems as perhaps there is something set up wrong !!!

Yup, I use it a lot too. Quality depends COMPLETELY on the quality of your local internet connection; if that's no good then nothing in the world Skype can do to give you a clear call.

So the real question is : "Can I have and will I have decent ADSL"

I am surprised that several members are able to use Skype successfully in C.M. I have the 3 MB package from Maxnet/TOT and I have problems with the connection 75% of the time. I have called technical support no less than 25 times in the last eight months, been to their Sansai office twice to complain, had the technicians here twice, and they say that there is nothing that can be done to improve the quality of the connection; that it is typical for the area.

For this reason I can not use Skype to make any serious business calls. I can sometimes make a good enough connection to call friends but almost always the connection deteriorates and/or disconnects.

i have the same sort of package with TT&T and mine is running about the same as yourself which is totally frustrating, the most common fault i am encounting is that i can hear them but they cannot hear me, is there not a skpe expert in Chaing mai who i can pay to sort out my problems as perhaps there is something set up wrong !!!

It's not Skype that is the problem, it's the Internet connection. Setting up Skype is a no brainer. There is nothing to set up other than the volume. I was getting a little bummed out thinking I was the only one who could not use Skype until I read this post http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Broadband-In...ai-t253890.html It seems that several people in CM can't use it either. Many people say the connection is better with CAT, but I went there and tried to open an account and they said that they don't service my area.