Holiday Madness

deejah

how can one determine when the water fights begin and end in pattaya

what days?

11-16?

i have heard they should stop after 8 pm

any clues?

thanks

Songkhran starts on the 13th, maybe even on Sunday 12th and will continue in Pattaya until 19th.

The "hot" days are the 18th in Naklua and the 19th in Pattaya.

Usually the water activity slows down after sunset, but you can never be sure ;-)

16th? It's just properly getting going in Pattaya on the 16th! 18th-19th are the days you need to hide out at home if you don't want to get involved in the complete madness.

I'll be getting out of here for the 18th-19th. Its bearable until then.

16th? It's just properly getting going in Pattaya on the 16th! 18th-19th are the days you need to hide out at home if you don't want to get involved in the complete madness.

To my mind the 18th and 19th are the best of it -- at least you know the city will be gridlocked and it will be impossible go anywhere or do anything!! The week leading up to that finale is the problem for me when you go out minding your own business to do some shopping or whatever and some moron grinning like an idiot leaps out and throws a bucket of iced water over you as you pass on your motor bike!!

Yes, let the revellers have their fun, but limit it to 18th & 19th, and let the rest of us get on with our lives if we don't want to get involved. You can hibernate for 2 days without too much inconvenience, but a whole week is what drives so many away from Pattaya at this time of year.

Edited by gmac

how can one determine when the water fights begin and end in pattaya

what days?

11-16?

i have heard they should stop after 8 pm

any clues?

thanks

The rules are that their are no rules, anything goes if it's got anything to do with water, oh and talcum powder!

Dates are 13th to the 19th.

Enjoy :o

To my mind the 18th and 19th are the best of it -- at least you know the city will be gridlocked and it will be impossible go anywhere or do anything!! The week leading up to that finale is the problem for me when you go out minding your own business to do some shopping or whatever and some moron grinning like an idiot leaps out and throws a bucket of iced water over you as you pass on your motor bike!!

Yes, let the revellers have their fun, but limit it to 18th & 19th, and let the rest of us get on with our lives if we don't want to get involved. You can hibernate for 2 days without too much inconvenience, but a whole week is what drives so many away from Pattaya at this time of year.

Yes, yes and yes. I totally agree. One whole week of gross inconvenience. I went for song kran once. You can't go for a walk or stroll as I like to. You can't hop on a baht bus to go to big C and watch a movie without getting soaked. It is just nonsense.

One of the worse things I saw was the look in the Thai's eyes. Saw many that were not doing it just for one. I could see the hatred and resentment in them as they doused the farangs. Somewhat understandable, but still unpleasant.